@orielle21
Active 3 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 173
-
Erica started the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Hey!! I thought it would be fun to have a topic where we can share things we’re thankful for from the last year.
For me, one of the big things is recovery from Covid. (I love how this says “Covid” isn’t a word lol) My family was very sick–I had to go to the ER twice. But God brought all of us through.
More generally, I’m thankful for the…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Nice to meet you!
I struggle with procrastination a little. More like I just don’t feel like writing for weeks and weeks. 🙂
1. I mostly write fantasy, though I do like historical fiction.
2. Oh, wow, I don’t know! Can I say I’d bring my computer so I can listen to whatever I want? lol
3. The Lord of the Rings, the rest of the…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Hello!!
Good luck with the aquarium!! I’ve found it to be very rewarding and interesting. Bettas are so beautiful, they can just be a little mean. I originally had mine with my other fish, but it and my catfish hated each other so . . .
1. I have the betta and my clown pleco, also 4 gold skirt tetras and 3 tetras that I…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Yes, languages are so cool!! I haven’t gotten the nerve to learn something with an entirely different alphabet yet . . . but maybe someday!
I like your signature! Very true and encouraging.[/quote]
Aw, thanks! I stole it from Arwen . . . in “The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen” which is in the back of The Return of the King, I…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
AGH!!! I never sent in my reply!
You’re fine! 🙂
(English is such a confusing language, even for a native speaker. I can’t help but feel sorry for those speaking ESL. Seriously…)
I know, right? My Mom tells me to be grateful that I don’t have to learn it as a SL.
As for me Russian has turned out not quite as hard as I thought it would be,…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@theloonyone @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6
Everly
“Hi! I’m Carmen!” Carmen says with a smile, peeking over Everly’s shoulder at the girl. “Hey, you match Everly here with your sling! You could be sling buddies! Or sling friends… injury besties? I’m gonna have to work on that one…”
“Oh yeah…haha.” Everly laughs nervously.
The l…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@theloonyone @lightoverdarkness6 @loopylin
Lol your right 🤣 I’ve called her the wrong name. This is the first time I’ve ever written her, so it’s not ingrained in my head yet. It’s Everly.
Kaine
Kaine walks through the grand entrance. His boots tap lightly against the marble floors, as he makes his way around the large center area. Looking up,…[Read more]
-
Erica and
Madelyn are now friends 3 years, 10 months ago -
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
🤣 Lol yeah, and an interesting experience for sure!
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
🤣 Good thing your dad is a good cook! just kidding! That’s a fun memory and a great conversation starter!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Aw thank you, glad you like it! 😀
Also the perspective on that drawing is amazing 😍
Thanks!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Yep! I was pretty young, so I just remember it being squishy and yummy (was it buttery? I can’t remember) anyways, we didn’t know what to eat for thanksgiving, and there was squid in the freezer. So squid it was 🤣, don’t worry though, my dad’s a good cook. He used to work in a restaurant, so he probably made it yummy. I can’t remember…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
I think squids are cool. (and yummy 😳, poor squidy)
Ewww! They might be fun to look at but to eat..! ;D Have you really tried them before? You must be brave! I know people eat lobster, crab, clam, etc but I never heard of squid. Maybe I’m just close-minded. I mean, the only sea creatures I would eat are fish. :):)
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
1. Same here! Although they are fun to think about and make up!!
2. Oh you beat me there! I’ve studied some Spanish and French before but my passion is Polish! As soon as I’m fluent in it I’d like to learn German. Swedish is also on my list. But it’s hard for me to learn multiple languages at once. My brain gets confused… :)…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Hmm, favorite marine creature? It depends on what kind! I’m into aquarium keeping, and my favorite fish I own right now is either my clown pleco (a catfish) or my betta (who lives by himself so he and the catfish don’t terrorize each other lol)
As for ocean creatures, I recently have gotten fascinated with sea spiders. So…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Published Authors? in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 10 months ago
Hey!!
I’ll check those out! I’ve read A+ Student’s Guide: Ten Steps To Writing and Publishing by Rachel Rittenhouse but found it a bit vague. Thanks!
-
Felicity replied to the topic Published Authors? in the forum Publishing & Platform 3 years, 10 months ago
Hello! 🙂
Thanks for the info! And that’s amazing that you’ve published a book! I checked it on Amazon and the cover/first impression was positive and peaked my interest.
I definitely like the idea of self publishing because, like you said, the author can have total control over their book if they so choose. I’ll admit that KDP is a…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Christopher sound like a fun character!
Your book sound really interesting, don’t worry about then being short lol.
#3. Yes, snakes are cool, but fish and other marine creatures are much, much cooler lol
😂 Lol, you have a favorite? I think squids are cool. (and yummy 😳, poor squidy)
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Hello! Nice to meet you!
Yay, someone else who likes Dutch Blitz!! It seems like whenever I mention it to my friends, they’re just like “Um . . . never heard of that.”
Yay, more questions!
#1. No I do not. I believe that if there were other universes, they would be mentioned in the Creation account.
#2. Well, I’m actually learning,…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
So nice to meet you!
Yay, I love questions lol 🙂
#1. My favorite character is definitely Christopher. He’s probably my most developed character, and just a lot of fun. He’s 19, and the king (his father dies in my book), and struggles with depression. But he’s also very goofy.
#2. Hmm, favorite theme. I guess I would say…[Read more]
- Load More
