@orielle21
Active 3 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 173
-
Felicity replied to the topic Russo-Ukrainian War Novel. Please Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
That’s great!! I’m super thrilled you enjoyed it! Thank you!
Yes this is actually Feb. 20, 2022, and the invasion starts on the 24th. So it’s right at the beginning of everything. This book isn’t so much about the actual events of the invasion, more about how the events effect the people of Ukraine and Poland. I don’t go into…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Russo-Ukrainian War Novel. Please Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for reading!! I’m glad you liked it! Yes! This was my first try at present tense and I really liked it, so I kept it. 😀
Thanks so much for the tip! I will use it for sure.
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
In the summer, I’ll catch fish and maybe a salamander, and I keep them in my outside aquarium, and observe them and write down what I see, then a month or so later, I’ll let them go.
That’s so cool! I think that would be illegal for me to do where I live . . . lol.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic So…my draft has finally started…and I'd like some thoughts so far! 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Finally caught up a bit on this! So glad you’re making such great progress!
Oh that was really sad 😭 I got a bit teary eyed lol.
Really good though! And yeah, that last line is PERFECTION! Like it fits perfectly, helps us understand Rikers conflict, and it just… 🤩?
Great work!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Russo-Ukrainian War Novel. Please Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
I really liked that!
Glad to see another present tense writer! We’re pretty far and few between here on KP. 😀
Something That I do to help with the flow is alternate action words with ing and no ing. For example, this sentence could be said with either way.
“I say, as I step inside.
“I say, stepping inside.
If I use “step”, then I…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh thanks! I’m so glad you like Lesli and Tauren!
I’m really savoring everything about how living underground is different, because they don’t know anything different….or do they? 🤨
Anyways, 😂
It just y’know.. has to do with future thingys 😉
-
Felicity replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Yay!! I just read the 2nd chapter, and it’s so cute!! That’s actually really good for 10-11! I’m gonna go dig up some of my 10-11 yr old writing…XD.
Thanks!!! I think I had just finished reading a book about the French Rev. so that’d be where I got most of it. 😀 Yeah do!
-
Felicity replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Aww, thanks. There’s plenty more scenes I could share . . .
Yeah go for it!! I want to read it!
-
Felicity replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Haha, same. In this story Irene is just like “Do I like this guy?” and then he (the guy she likes is named Arthur) is like “Hey, I like you.” And she’s like “He loves me!!! I love him too.” And her dad is like “Marry this Edward guy.” And she says “I don’t want to.” And he says “Why?” And she’s like “I like this other guy named…
-
Erica replied to the topic Character Playlists in the forum Music 3 years, 10 months ago
@ava-blue @mineralizedwritings @felicity @freedomwriter76 @arien
Here’s basically my playlist for my WIP, Ruby Fire. (You might notice a fire theme, lol)
“I See Fire” (Peter Hollens)
“Burning” (Ludovico Einaudi)
“The Spheres” (Ola Gjeilo)
“Blackberry Winter I” (Nashville Chamber Orchestra)
“If I Can’t Love Her” (Terence Mann)
“Speechless” (Na…[Read more] -
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Like, I’m taking Algebra right now…just…UGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Aw, I like Algebra!!!
That’s fine, people are different. 🙂
-
Erica replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Your romance story is so cute!! I like it a lot.
Aww, thanks. There’s plenty more scenes I could share . . .
I threw a lot of them out because they were really cheesy. Everything was love at first sight except that the girl always pretended she didn’t know the guy liked her. 😂😂😂
Haha, same. In this story Irene is just like “Do I lik…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Hehe, I had no idea about what romance was at all. (I’d only had a crush on one guy before–little ten-year-old me liking a dude who must have been fifteen at least)
Front door after a date, Shakespeare style 😆
Yep. Oh, and Nicholas was basically the Florid Sword from the Wingfeather Saga. I totally copied it lol.
The whole story is…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Your story is so good! You were four? That’s really good for that young 🙂
The puppie’s parents were not sweet to them and they died. Heavenly Father killed the parents because they were mean to their children.
How violent. (lol!!)
I like how all the animals are related even though they aren’t at all the same species.
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
YES!!! Curriculum can make the whole difference!!!
I know!! I . . . don’t like mine . . . at all . . . I guess it’s partly the way my brain works. I’m more of a math/science person.
-
Felicity replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
I know right? I was obsessed with Quakers and all people who used to say “thee” and “thou”. 😀
-
Felicity replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Also, what you’re writing about has been a pretty…well…topic that many people have been really interested and invested in, so I think that will help
Yeah I know what you mean.
But, I really, honestly, think it probably depends on the person…
…I’m probably not helpful at all. XDXDXD
Ok that makes sense. Yeah you are!! 😀
-
Felicity replied to the topic Russo-Ukrainian War Novel. Please Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Wow. I like your set up. You did a very good job of an intro.
Thank you!!
I did feel like some things were a little too stated, and perhaps not quite smooth.
Yes you’re right. I am experimenting with a newer writing style and not sure if I like the way it flows. I think to counter my normal long, rambling prose, I kind of chopped things…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
messed up your tag up there. Plus I just like blowing up your notifications.
-
Felicity replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh and can i get your honest opinion? I’ve learned that first chapters are supposed to grab reader’s attentions and “hit the ground running”. Do you think mine does that? I’ve always struggled with slow beginnings, because for some reason I just really like writing slow beginnings. 😂😂 Do you think that’ll hinder the reader’s…[Read more]
- Load More
