Introducing a Fellow Writer

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing a Fellow Writer

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Light
    @lightoverdarkness6
      • Total Posts: 1626

@freedomwriter76

AWW, THANK YOU! YOU ARE TOO!!! YOU ARE SO WELCOME!!! WELL, IT’S ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!  Your characters are just so PRECIOUS!!! I CAN NOT WAIT until your books come out! Though, I’ll probably know everything about your books by then XD lol.

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6. GIRL!!! YOU ARE SO WELCOME!!!!

AND THANK YOU!!!!! <3333

Also, @lightoverdarkness6, @felicity, I saw that y’all were talking about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I have not actually watched the original, lol, but I have watched the Johnny Depp one.

Personally, I don’t think it’s “bad”, in fact, I fairly enjoyed it, which that’s only my opinion, but I do agree that he’s a little weird…XD But I still thought it was good. It still kept the same message in it, which I enjoyed, and I loved how it ended. 😉

But then again…I haven’t watched the original…so…you know…XD

Light
        @lightoverdarkness6

@freedomwriter76 @felicity

Yeah, it’s not terrible, it’s just different than the original .Lol Maybe once i watch it again, i might change my mind. But Johnny Depp just creeps me out with all that makeup XD.

Yes, the ending is good! The message is really good too. 🙂

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6. @felicity.

Yeah, it’s not terrible, it’s just different than the original .Lol

I get that!!! 😉

Maybe once i watch it again, i might change my mind.

Maybe so. 🙂

But Johnny Depp just creeps me out with all that makeup XD.

Lol, I get that. XDXDXDXD

Yes, the ending is good! The message is really good too. 🙂

Agreed!!! 😀 It’s just a great story all in all. 😉

Felicity
            @felicity
              • Total Posts: 811

@freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6

Well…ahem…I still think the old one is better… Once you’ve seen the real Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) you will agree. 😀

Ok I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so to keep the peace I’ll concede the point. 😂😂

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6

@freedomwriter76

I get that!!! 😉

Thats good! Sometimes I feel like I’m so awkward and nobody gets it XDD.

Maybe so. 🙂

Yeah!

Lol, I get that. XDXDXDXD

🙂 XDD

Agreed!!! 😀 It’s just a great story all in all. 😉

Yes!!! I actually have a sweet memory watching the newer one! I was about 6,  at my grandparents house, listening to my dad and grandpa talk, and it was around Christmas time, the christmas tree was up, and my grandma and mom were cooking something delicious, and the smell was wafting into the living room, and I was watching the part when Willy Wonka goes and makes up with his father, and everything was just..perfect. So whenever I do watch it, and it’s at that part, I get the good feeling. So it’s not bad :).

@felicity

Well…ahem…I still think the old one is better… Once you’ve seen the real Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) you will agree. 😀

It is good! But both are pretty good. But both Willy Wonka’s are weird. It’s in the nature of Willy Wonka. There’s this part in the older one. Or maybe it is in the new one, where Willy and Charlie fell through the roof of Charlie’s house in an elevator, and one of his grandmas is lying in bed, and she leans up and says: “I think someones at the door.”or something of that accord. Me and my brother love that part!! It’s hilarious.

Ok I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so to keep the peace I’ll concede the point. 😂😂

Yes!! It’s a free country, after all! They’re both good. @freedomwriter76, though, whenever you watch the old one, be sure to tag me and @felicity and tell us what you think ;).

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                @felicity

@lightoverdarkness6

There’s this part in the older one. Or maybe it is in the new one, where Willy and Charlie fell through the roof of Charlie’s house in an elevator, and one of his grandmas is lying in bed, and she leans up and says: “I think someones at the door.”or something of that accord. Me and my brother love that part!! It’s hilarious.

Funny!!! 😂😂 That’s in the book too!

Yes!! It’s a free country, after all!

Thank God!! And the founding fathers…

Anonymous

@felicity. Okay, so…my computer won’t let me access your story (stupid technology!!!) but girllll!!!

I love it!

The characters all seem so real, and I love them already!

But I love where the story is heading. 😉

I’m sure you’ve put a lot of research into it! I can tell!!! 😀

Felicity
                    @felicity

@freedomwriter76

Okay, so…my computer won’t let me access your story (stupid technology!!!)

Did i do something wrong when I posted it or is it just your device? I’m still figuring out how to use this forum…

I love it!

The characters all seem so real, and I love them already!

But I love where the story is heading. 😉

I’m sure you’ve put a lot of research into it! I can tell!!! 😀

Thank you so much!!! This is the first time I shared any of my “real” writing out there so I was a bit apprehensive about it. Of course I shouldn’t be. 😀 Yes! I’m planning to put more chapters on at some point. I’ll admit I did do LOT of research. I want it to be extra-accurate. Plus, I’d be super embarrassed if all you history nerds found something off! 😉😂

Anonymous

@felicity.

Did i do something wrong when I posted it or is it just your device? I’m still figuring out how to use this forum…

It’s my device, trust me. XD

Thank you so much!!! This is the first time I shared any of my “real” writing out there so I was a bit apprehensive about it. Of course I shouldn’t be. 😀 Yes! I’m planning to put more chapters on at some point.

You are sooo welcome!!! <333 And yeah, don’t be!!! Everyone on here is so supportive. Honestly, talking about my stuff and sharing it on here is encouraging me to write, just being honest. I just reached 37 pages in my main WIP, Freedom’s Fire, with Leon/Riker, and it’s all because of this community! <3

OOH!? I CAN’T WAIT!!! 😀

I’ll admit I did do LOT of research. I want it to be extra-accurate. Plus, I’d be super embarrassed if all you history nerds found something off! 😉😂

We always do when we’re writing anything Historical. XDXDXD Super accurate…XD

Lol, I get that! But, to be perfectly honest, I probably wouldn’t notice non-historical things for the war you’re writing about…tho. XD So no need to worry about me. 😉

Felicity
                        @felicity

@freedomwritier76

It’s my device, trust me. XD

Ok. I will. 😀 Do you know how to indent paragraphs on here? Because I indented all my paragraphs in the story and when I posted it they un-indented. 🙁 Does it do that to you too?

You are sooo welcome!!! <333 And yeah, don’t be!!! Everyone on here is so supportive.

Oh yeah!! It’s so great.

Honestly, talking about my stuff and sharing it on here is encouraging me to write, just being honest. I just reached 37 pages in my main WIP, Freedom’s Fire, with Leon/Riker, and it’s all because of this community! <3

Congrats!!!! That’s amazing. Keep it up!

We always do when we’re writing anything Historical. XDXDXD Super accurate…XD

Super important. I want to write the kind of fiction people can use for History Books.

Felicity
                          @felicity

@freedomwriter76

Oh and can i get your honest opinion? I’ve learned that first chapters are supposed to grab reader’s attentions and “hit the ground running”. Do you think mine does that? I’ve always struggled with slow beginnings, because for some reason I just really like writing slow beginnings. 😂😂 Do you think that’ll hinder the reader’s interest?

Felicity
                            @felicity

@freedomwriter76

messed up your tag up there. Plus I just like blowing up your notifications.

Anonymous

@felicity.

Oh and can i get your honest opinion? I’ve learned that first chapters are supposed to grab reader’s attentions and “hit the ground running”. Do you think mine does that? I’ve always struggled with slow beginnings, because for some reason I just really like writing slow beginnings. 😂😂 Do you think that’ll hinder the reader’s interest?

I mean, it gripped mine. XD

Also, what you’re writing about has been a pretty…well…topic that many people have been really interested and invested in, so I think that will help.

But I do understand what you mean. 🙂 I often struggle with starting slow too…it’s been a lot of practice to not start all my stories that way, lol, but slow beginnings aren’t necessarily “boring beginnings”, if you know what I mean. 😉

But it did grip my attention, simply because I was curious about more of the characters, being a very character-driven writer/reader.

But, I really, honestly, think it probably depends on the person…

…I’m probably not helpful at all. XDXDXD

Felicity
                                @felicity

@freedomwriter76

Also, what you’re writing about has been a pretty…well…topic that many people have been really interested and invested in, so I think that will help

Yeah I know what you mean.

But, I really, honestly, think it probably depends on the person…

…I’m probably not helpful at all. XDXDXD

Ok that makes sense. Yeah you are!! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >