@orielle21
Active 3 years, 5 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 173
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh! I really liked that. I wouldn’t change a thing! It seems like the kind of story you read when you need a pick me up. Low stakes, but still lots of fun, and the time travel thing makes it extra interesting! I felt like you did a really good job moving between the dialogue and the narrated sections.
Thanks for the great read!
-
Felicity replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Also, were you sure of their genders? My uncle read it yesterday, and he goes, “I like that. Asher and Iris are both girls, right?” 🤣 I was like “umm no.” I was pretty sure Asher is just a boy name, but I could be wrong 🤣.
Wait, are you sure he wasn’t teasing you? 🤣 It was pretty obvious to me!
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
Omg, that’s hilarious!!! I love it!! That sounds like something me and my cousin would do (We’re like sisters)!
It was rather cheesy, but…we laughed. That’s all that matters, right? 😀 😀 Sweet!
That’s okay! Haha, I’m not great at solving mysteries XD. I don’t know when I would’ve figured it out 🤣. (if I ever did XD!)
-
Felicity replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Ok, I see. I’m Harry Potter ignorant. Thanks for explaining. 😀
-
Felicity replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I think it’s awesome that your dad let you research and determine that it wasn’t the right thing for you 😊 I guess you could say it’s a combination of things for you, and if it’s not your thing on a preference level, that’s cool.
Yes, definitely a combo for me. 😀 I don’t read much fantasy except LOTR and Chronicles of Narnia. H…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Is KP down? in the forum Questions and Support 3 years, 9 months ago
Haha, I was able to get from my email to a specific forum to the forums page, but not to recent topics 😊
Lol, I bet that was confusing!
-
Felicity replied to the topic Character Name Meanings in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Just be glad you aren’t fixing a car where I live. (unless you have a heated garage) It’s -26 degrees right now.
That’s a neat name idea!
-
Erica replied to the topic The Christmas Grandma Disappeared (Working Title) in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
He’s fun. Currently, he’s trying to get me to play piano for church!! But I’ve got stage fright 😅😨. Maybe I will sometime.
OH, you should!! I play for youth group . . . I was so scared at first, but now it’s just normal. You get used to it!
Ok, we had an arctic front come in, so the wind chill is literally -26 here.…
-
Felicity replied to the topic Title for a type of work in my WIP? in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
Ooo I like that idea!
-
Felicity replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Lol! I wright better tired too, but I write slowly.
I think when I’m tired my brain blocks everything else out and just focuses on writing.
-
Erica replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Great job! I love your characters!!
Ah, yes, put the whole bottle of hot sauce in.
That reminds me of (sorry, @arien) when my sister put a whole can of chipotle peppers into soup instead of one single pepper . . . I ate it anyway. My dad actually enjoyed it . . . lol
But as to critiques?
I personally feel Asher and Iris a…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
heh…why am I always on my laptop?
-
Felicity replied to the topic The Christmas Grandma Disappeared (Working Title) in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
Ok, we had an arctic front come in, so the wind chill is literally -26 here. NO JOKE. That’s negative twenty-six degrees Fahrenheit.
it’s crazy. The coldest I ever experienced before this was 0.
I expect we’ll see a polar bear soon.
-
Erica replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
(Nice to meet you! I’m Erica!)
It’s definitely more in the YA realm of intensity rather than middle grade, though the bright covers can be a bit misleading.
Yes, I would definitely classify KOTLC as YA. I haven’t read many YA books at all, so maybe that’s why I’m more sensitive?
As for the intensity I personally felt t…
-
Felicity replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
-
Erica replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper @others
I agree that the ‘breaking the rules’ trope is typical for the magical schools. I think it depends on the context. Honestly, I think it’s perfectly fine to read books with that stuff in it, unless you’re easily influenced by the characters’ actions. I don’t think it’s the best trope ever, and there are definitely better ways t…
-
Felicity replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Speaking of romance, have you watched the Princess Bride?
There’s a line in there that goes like this:
“You mock my pain”
“Life IS pain.”
Well, here’s my play on that line:
Me: You mock my research
You: Life IS research.
😂😂😂
Wow, that dream sounds EPIC!
I always love dreams like that.
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
-
Felicity replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
But wait . . . Felicity replied to you after you joined and asked you questions like normal . . .@felicity is this true??
*clears throat* Yeah it’s true.
Um, we were having a bit of a joke. We were in the same room, both on KP, and when she said in her intro, “I’m a baby barista”, I put, “hey, my sister works at a coffee shop too!”…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Wow that was a close call! I like how mysterious Dao is.
- Load More
