@magicalstories0611
Active 1 year, 4 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 24
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
🥳 So glad you’re back!!!!!! I know I’ve only known you on here for a bit, but I missed ya!!!
Our group is getting a little big. Do you want me take a pair of my charries and have them find someone else? Or should I keep them? I really have no preference. I just know that you already have a lot of charries to kee…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
LOL yes, that was a sad day. Actually I wasn’t supposed to put even ONE chipotle pepper in there . . . it was supposed to be one can of seedless mild green chiles, and I used a can of definitely NOT mild and also very seed-ful green jalapenos. As I said, sad day.
Lol!! Was the soup good? (If it wasn’t too spicy) 😀
That’s what sisters are…
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Hello! I don’t think I’ve officially met you yet. Nice to meet you, Power (or Black Mongoose 😉 !
Congratulations on writing 1000 words! 🎉
Thank you!!
Interesting story, though I will admit that I don’t read many books with abusive situations in them though (Unless you qualify knights/cowboys/spacemen attempting to kill/steal each o…
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
*hugs you, tight, back* I missed you too!!!! I did! Had a great time with family and got some gifts that I will be sure to enjoy!!! 😀 I hope you had an amazing Christmas too! <3333
*Hugs you even tighter* *hears you gasping for breath* *releases you* Oh, I’m so sorry!! XD
Awesome!! That’s great!! Yes, me and my family had a great…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Playlists in the forum Music 3 years, 9 months ago
@ava-blue @mineralized-writings @arien @freedomwriter76 @felicity @starofthenorth
Here is my playlist for…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
@starofthenorth @godlyfantasy12 @felicity @arien @theloonyone @keilah-h @esther-c @sarafini @Any-one-else-i-may-have-forgotten-
Heres Matthew and Lyla’s moodboards!!


-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Girl!!!! *Gives you huge hug* I missed you so much!!! I hope you had a amazing Christmas!!
Oooh…Jezyk! That’s all I’m gonna say…XDXD
Aww, yay!! I love Fin!! But *sobs* well, you know. He’s so sweet! Him and Riker’s relationship is so sweet!
YAY!!! I can’t wait for my charries to meet yours!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Autobiography/I need help! in the forum Non-Fiction 3 years, 9 months ago
That sounds really cool!! I’ve never known anybody who has written an autobiography before.
The only advice I can offer, is this:
Read other auto/biographies. Then you can see how they wrote it. Secondly, when you’re starting at your childhood, you don’t have to document everything. Think of some really important moments that happen…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Corie
I looked at the fennec fox curiously. Maybe he was a Lyabrinnian… or at least like one. His mouth didn’t move when he spoke.
Jocelyn smiled and I smiled back at her. She seemed like a nice girl. I started down the hall as the others followed.
I rubbed my arms and shivered as I felt a cold draft blow by. Ty seemed to not…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh! I really liked that. I wouldn’t change a thing! It seems like the kind of story you read when you need a pick me up. Low stakes, but still lots of fun, and the time travel thing makes it extra interesting!
I think that was what I was kind of thinking in my head, I just couldn’t put words to it. 😅
-
Light replied to the topic Why did you start writing? Why are you still writing? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
@arien @esther-c @lewilliams @keilah-h @felicity @mineralizedwritings @sarafini
Wow, all of y’all’s stories are so inspiring 😊😍!!
So, I’ve always loved reading. Even when I was little enough to not know how to read, I would sit in the floor with a picture book and try to read to myself and my mama.
When I was about eleven, I was on a zoom call…[Read more] -
Light replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
It was rather cheesy, but…we laughed. That’s all that matters, right? 😀 😀 Sweet!
Lol, yes, that’s all that matters! Speaking of sibling laughs, my little brother is always talking about how many books I read, and he was singing the song from Tangled, the part where Repunzel’s singing “And then I’ll read a book, or maybe two or three.” B…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Wait, are you sure he wasn’t teasing you? 🤣 It was pretty obvious to me!
Oh, no, I know when he’s teasing, and he wasn’t teasing 🤣. Okay, good!! 😂
Took me a while to reply, but now I am! 😁
Yay! Thank you for taking the time to respond 😊!
First of all, I could really feel the sibling dynamic! Great job on that! Sibling dynam…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Christmas Grandma Disappeared (Working Title) in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh my word!!! That’s super cold.
I think it’s cold in a lot of the US because of the arctic front. Yesterday was terrible. It didn’t go over 3 degrees Fahrenheit!! Today is a little better. Funny thing is, a week from now it will be 58. 😆
I expect we’ll see a polar bear soon
I wouldn’t doubt it. Lol 😂
-
Esther replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Took me a while to reply, but now I am! 😁
First of all, I could really feel the sibling dynamic! Great job on that! Sibling dynamics are my favorite!! I could also feel the tone: Sure, they were in a bad situation, but it didn’t get them down all the way, bc they had each other.
I’m already really liking your cha…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
I enjoyed it!! It was cute and simple!!
But for some critiques, here’s what I thought:
So, I noticed that the kids are going to school. But it’s Christmastime. So that would be weird if they were going to school that close to Christmas Day.
Secondly, I felt as if the dialogue was unnatural. So to help with the flow of dialogue, I s…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
*clears throat* Yeah it’s true.
Um, we were having a bit of a joke. We were in the same room, both on KP, and when she said in her intro, “I’m a baby barista”, I put, “hey, my sister works at a coffee shop too!” and…well, we lost it.
Omg, that’s hilarious!!! I love it!! That sounds like something me and my cousin would do (We’re like s…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
One thing about writing style: sometimes using more descriptive words for “said” can be distracting and sound contrived.
Yeah, I use said too much. I’ve actually started having my grandma’s I-Pad next to me while I write, and the I-Pad has a list of words to use other than “Said.”
I know, it can be hard not to use “said” all the time, b…
-
Esther replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
So, this is kind of what Dao looks like:

-
Esther replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Well… 🤔 I think “deus es machina” is the right term. 😅
- Load More
