@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@lewilliams Yeah, I get that. I’ve been trying to read more, too!!! Alrighty, *rubs hands together eagerly* I’m always down for giving out awesome recs. I don’t know if any of this will interest you, since I’m normally a loner in the books I enjoy. XD But I just recently read Fawkes by Nadine Brandes and Dust by Kara Swanson and they were SO…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Are you still going?
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
I’d love to join too if y’all are still at it, @lydia-s!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@lewilliams Highly recommend Keepers of the Lost city! I haven’t read them all but I’ve read like 7 of them and they’re great!!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic A topic where I share my cringey writing for your enjoyment. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@ribbonash Hahaha that is true! That’s The glorious wonder of editing XD And thankss <33
-
Lin replied to the topic In Search of Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@lewilliams Ah, yes, books. Also something I’ve been struggling with lately. But I’d be glad to give you some reccs of books that I love! Although, I have to warn you…lately I haven’t been able to stomach anything other than classic lit, so maybe a lot of these books will have the same flavor as the things that you read for your college…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing and Jobs in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@relia Another job, because I feel like maybe, just maybe if I had to do writing as work then I might hate it.
-
Lin replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 3 months ago
@typewriter77 Hi Seth! Nice to meet you! I’m Linyang, though most here call me Lin. I also write fantasy and contemporary, as well as crime and now occasionally some dystopian and maybe eastern fantasy. I haven’t met anyone who’s written Wuxia before! I do love reading some of them. Might I ask if you’re an anime fan? You seem like the type.
Do…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What's something that happened in real life that made you think… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 3 months ago
@kathleenramm That’s such a fun story!
Other than people that would make good characters…
On the first day of one of my classes this year I was heading in doors to the place where we hold our co-op, and anyways, while I was still outside in the parking lot, this car just drove by in front of my, crunching this safety cone (which are…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's something that happened in real life that made you think… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 3 months ago
What’s something that happened in real life that made you think, “I have to put that in a story!”
Okay so for me it’s not anything huge, but I thought it was cute when I saw it so yeah, here it is.It was two years ago when I was at a 2 week apologetics summer camp in Colorado. You share a room with three other roommates, have classes most of the…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic A topic where I share my cringey writing for your enjoyment. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
Also, in one scene I said my MC had a bomb planted in her laptop to make it self destruct if people try to hack it. But in the next scene, she slams it shut. Slams. It. Shut. A laptop with a bomb inside. Anyway just wanted to add that XD byee
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic A topic where I share my cringey writing for your enjoyment. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@relia Haha yours made me laugh as well so right back at you XD And thanks!
@gracie-j Okay yours really isn’t that bad though XD Other than the accents, everything was fine!
Okay I found some extra cringey writing last night XD Heeere y’all go, enjoy:
(background: My MC is an assassin and I tried to make her look “cool” XD)
“I’d like…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Awesome! Good luck with the rest of it!
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and… in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, I get what you mean. Almost anything can be easier or harder depending on the situation.
Have you ever based characters on other people in your life?
-
Daisy Torres started the topic A topic where I share my cringey writing for your enjoyment. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
Typos:
Night had decended upon the land, tucking her starry blanket over the sky and misting the fragrant, fresh scent of flowers and wild grass into the air.
Kathleen lay on the thick prairie grass, her bonnet temporarily discarded by her side as she stared up into the gentle folds of midnight sky. Her shoulders burned terribly from hours spent…
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Encouragement needed in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@nanisnook Honestly, I’m in the same boat right now lol. I always come to a point in my novels (usually about 6/8 of the way in) where I feel like everything I did is trash and I wasted 4/whatever years of my life on a dumb novel that no one will ever like or read. But you know what I tell myself? It’s my dumb novel, those are characters I love,…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Keep going or jump ahead? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@nanisnook Good question! (Thanks for the tag! <3) Honestly, I probably need to do the whole “jump ahead” thing because I’ve been stuck on a scene for a month and haven’t written a word :))))) Sadly, I don’t, so I just procrastinate actually being productive and figuring out what I’m going to do lolll
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 4 months ago
@sami-eastwood That synopsis sounds awesome! I would love to read a book about that!
Disaster movies are certainly unique. I don’t usually go to watch them but I have watched several. And those are an awesome choice of books!
Ah, I’ve heard of ranch dressing on pizza, though I have yet to try it! I will have to, though!
-
Lin replied to the topic Keep going or jump ahead? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
@nanisnook I usually end up procrastinating for a week and regretting it, but yeah I usually push on through instead of skipping around.
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Keep going or jump ahead? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 4 months ago
Well, most of the time I just push right through it, but if a scene’s coming up and I don’t know what’s gonna happen AND I just don’t feel like writing it, I’ll just put: something really cool happens and move on. I’ve only ever done that once, tho, so it’s no a super common thing for me. 😉
- Load More
