Hi!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sami Eastwood
    @sami-eastwood
      • Total Posts: 12

Hey everyone, I’m so excited to be here and part of this with you! You can just call me Sami, I’m a self-published fiction writer. My strength is the content, and my weakness is definitely with the grammar and editing. I’ve been writing for six years, since I was seventeen. I believe life is all about learning from mistakes and from others so I can’t wait to get started!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Sami Eastwood.

“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” - Anne Shirley

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@sami-eastwood Hello! My name is Chelsea/SeekJustice, and I’m a very tired writer from New South Wales (which is in Australia, not Wales, confusingly). What sort of stuff do you write? Personally, I mainly write historical fantasy, with a little straight historical, and a little straight fantasy here and there. but historical fantasy is my sweet spot. And what sort of things do you like reading? I read almost all genres, but historical, fantasy, mystery/crime, and classic horror are my favourites.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@sami-eastwood Hi Sami! Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m Linyang, though most here just call me Lin. It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance! If you don’t mind I’m going to drill you with some questions (as I do with all newcomers) to get to know you better.

What’s your current WIP about? What stage are you at with it right now?

What are some of your favorite books/movies/artists?

Pineapple on pizza? Yea or nay?

Once again, welcome! Hope to see you around soon!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Kathleen
          @kathleenramm
            • Total Posts: 635

@sami-eastwood

Hi! I’m Kathleen, and it’s awesome to have you!

Woah, Six years! It’s hard to exactly say when I started writing because I’ve only been consistently for a couple years, but I first started writing novels with my siblings around seven or eight.

What’s your favorite thing about writing? What made you stick with writing all these years?

Again, great to meet you! Hope to catch you around!

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@sami-eastwood

Hi, Sami! I’m JC. It’s great to have you around the Kingdom!

What genre do you write? I describe myself as a Biblical/historical/contemporary Christian fiction writer, as well as a Christian poet.

Can’t wait to get to know you!

Elizabeth
              @lewilliams
                • Total Posts: 252

@sami-eastwood Hello Sami!! I’m Elizabeth, and it’s so very nice to meet you! Would you care for a cup of virtual tea? Or are you more of a virtual coffee person?

Eyy, a fellow twenty-something-er! *fistbump* And whoa, six years is a long time to be writing!

When you aren’t writing, what kind of things do you like to do for fun?

It’s so nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy your time in the lovely Kingdom of Pen!

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Lydia S.
                @lydia-s
                  • Total Posts: 399

@sami-eastwood

Welcome to the KP forum, Sami! I’m Lydia. 😀

Wow, that’s awesome you’re already published! I’m still trudging through first drafts and (in one case) third drafts. 🙂

Here are a couple of questions for you, if you’d like to answer them:

1) Who are your top three favorite authors?

2) What are your top three favorite books?

3) Who is your all-time favorite book character?

Once again, welcome, Sami! Can’t wait to get to know you. 🙂

Sami Eastwood
                  @sami-eastwood

@seekjustice

Hi Chelsea it’s nice to meet you! I’ve mostly been focused on fantasy at the moment but a lot of my story ideas fall into the other fiction categories including Historical Fiction. One of my majors is history so I also really love historical fiction. Recently I’ve been reading Panic by Lauren Oliver, the tv show based on the book just came out on Amazon prime and it said “based on the book” so of course I had to check out the book. It’s really good so far. I also like reading horror, I read The Family Plot by Cherie Priest and I loved it!

Sami Eastwood
                    @sami-eastwood

@devastate-lasting I’d love to answer your questions!

My current WIP is about a girl who falls into a coma after a bad accident and wakes up in the Unconscious Place. The place where people go when they’re…unconscious. It’s about her adventure to escape the Unconscious Place and wake up. (not a great cover copy, but you get the gist lol)

I love disaster movies (Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, Book of Eli). Something about it is just so fun to me. When it comes to books I love a little bit of everything in the fiction genre, The Chronicles of Narnia, Anne of Green Gables, The Flavia de Luce series, even contemporary though writing it terrifies me.

Last but not least pineapple pizza is definitely a yea! I even like it with a little ranch dressing.

Thanks so much for your questions!

Sami Eastwood
                      @sami-eastwood

@kathleenramm So great to meet you too!

My favorite thing about writing is that it’s an adventure for me as much as it is for my characters. I got really good at daydreaming when I was a kid and now I just put all of that into my writing, so it’s like I get to hold onto it forever, and hopefully other people will enjoy it too.

Sami Eastwood
                        @sami-eastwood

@joy-caroline Hi JC!

I would mostly describe myself as a Fiction Writer but I love focusing on Christian themes like forgiveness and mercy. I haven’t written that much so it’s hard to say what I’m “good” at but so far my ideas are a bit all over the place.

Sami Eastwood
                          @sami-eastwood

@lewilliams Hey Elizabeth, fistbump right back at you!

When you aren’t writing, what kind of things do you like to do for fun?

When I’m not writing, I like reading (when I have the focus for it) or hanging out with my sister. I like doing active things either with a friend or alone. Most of my best thinking is done away from the computer, then later (if my dodgy memory allows) I can put all that thought to good use!

Sami Eastwood
                            @sami-eastwood

@lydia-s

Ah, the third drafts. Don’t you just get to the point where it’s either “I have read this book so many times I know it word for word” or “Who wrote that? Not me.” I definitely do.

My top three favorite authors have to be Stacey Lee, C.S. Lewis, and Neil Gaiman (though he can fall in and out of favor with me depending on his content).

Ooh! This is a great question. I love A Boy and His Horse by C.S. Lewis, Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee, and Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.

My all-time favorite book character has to be Anne Shirley. I’ve just never seen another character who I’ve had the exact same thoughts as. Though it is granted she embarrasses herself more than I have, I still love her.

Thank you so much for the questions and the warm welcome!

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 1379

@sami-eastwood

Sounds awesome! Hooray for themes of forgiveness and mercy. And you’ve got lots of time to figure out where your strengths lie! I’m honestly still figuring that out myself in many areas. 🙂

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting
                                  • Total Posts: 1700

@sami-eastwood That synopsis sounds awesome! I would love to read a book about that!

Disaster movies are certainly unique. I don’t usually go to watch them but I have watched several. And those are an awesome choice of books!

Ah, I’ve heard of ranch dressing on pizza, though I have yet to try it! I will have to, though!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                  Would you mind letting me know
                                  If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >