Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week Take the three main characters of a recent story you wrote and…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Lydia S.
    @lydia-s
      • Total Posts: 399

@kathleenramm

Oh, dear.. Which WIP do I choose? Hmmm… Okay, let’s go with the one that’s based on three of Jane Austen’s novels (writing it with a friend). My storyline is based on Persuasion, my personal favorite of Austen’s novels.

Anne Elliot – A quiet, sensitive, deep-thinking woman who is constantly haunted by a secret buried in her past. She has a stubborn streak but is usually very submissive and timid.

Sergeant Frederick Wentworth – A tough, reserved Marine who has a strange connection with Anne and doesn’t want to admit it. He’s very uptight with his feelings, preferring to suffer/struggle with his emotion behind an emotionless facade than open up to anyone.

Louisa Darcy – Lou is… something else. A headstrong, daring, spirited agnostic who happens to be Anne’s best friend and polar opposite.

I’d go out to brunch with Anne. She’s a sweetheart and could probably use someone to confide in, poor girl. (Girl… She’s twelve years older than me, and I’m calling her girl…😂) I’d play a prank on Derick (Frederick) because, as Gracie said about Forrest, his expression would be hilarious. XD And I’d rob a bank with Lou. She’s spunky enough to accept nearly any dare, and if it’d impress Derick, she’d do it without a second thought.

This was an awesome TotW, Kathleen!

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm
        • Total Posts: 635

@gracie-j

From your character descriptions, Tell Me No Lies makes me feel like it’s a story filled with mystery, secrets, betrayal, and characters that you don’t know whether or not to love or bolt the opposite direction from. I may be wrong, but that’s the just the feeling I got and I love it. XD

@lydia-s

Your character sound like really strong characters! They’re descriptions make me really interested about your story.

Haha, I get what you mean by it being a bit confusing on how to view a character older than you. On one they kinda feel like your child because you created them, and on the other hand they’re way older than you. XD

Thanks! I just realized I’ve been making TotW for a year now! So I was like, ‘I need to get a bit more creative with these’. XD

Ariel
        @ariel-f
          • Total Posts: 50

@kathleenramm

I’m going to have a hard time deciding which WIP to use. . .

1. Camille Morris, my main character, just finished high school, she is kind, adventurous, a little overconfident, she wants to help everybody she meets and is always chasing after a good story to send to the newspaper. (She hopes that maybe they’ll publish it. But they won’t.) She is really good at having conversations with people and getting them to tell her what she wants to know.

2. Amber Wolfe, Camille’s BFF, also just finished high school, is very smart, and good with technology. She can get in and out of anywhere in five minutes flat. She is also really good with a lock pick, which is why Camille is always dragging her off to go investigating with her. She is more reserved, not at all adventurous, and wary of the unknown.

3. Cameron Lewis, newly minted Special Agent F.B.I. He works really hard at his job and is excellent at it. He judges people before he gets to know them (due to an uncertain past), he’s really kindhearted but tries not to show it.

I would go to brunch with Amber (not Camille because she’d probably have me spilling my secrets to her, then publishing it, and it would be no fun going with Cameron because he probably would judge me, then not talk to me the whole time.)

I would rob a bank with Camille, she would enjoy the danger if she didn’t hate crime. (Definitely not Cameron, he would immediately put cuffs on me! Amber would have been a better choice, but I chose to go to lunch with her.)

That leaves Cameron to play the prank on, he would be so mad, open an investigation, and put me on the most wanted list! But then again, he needs to lighten up.

Natalie C.
          @nanisnook
            • Total Posts: 154

@kathleenramm

This is such a cool topic! I would choose Tess, Rowan, and Connor.

Rowan (MC) is a prince that was supposedly killed as a toddler. His oldest brother, the king, wanted him dead so he wouldn’t have rivals, but he also needed him alive in case he died without leaving an heir. So he let Rowan live, but never told anyone who he was. Rowan has never really been included in much, and needs to learn to have fun. So I would definitely prank him.

Connor is the other brother of Rowan and the evil king, Viktor. Viktor really did try to have him killed, and thought that he had, but the servant that was ordered to do it wasn’t very thorough. So Connor lived, and is now 2nd in command of the resistance against Viktor. I would probably rob a bank with him. he’s a lot of fun, and i trust him. Plus, he would totally enjoy it, especially if it were Viktor’s bank.

I may or may not have modeled Tess after myself, so I would take her to brunch so we could learn more about each other. Tess’s parents were killed trying to resist against Viktor. Tess, along with her brother, have been at Connor’s resistance camp ever since.

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@kathleenramm *stalks back slowly* Are you sure you haven’t been snooping around my notes? *rifles through her desk* Nothing looks untouched, but I swanny, girl, it’s sounds like you’re the one writing TMNL! XD But, YES! You definitely got that right, and I’m soooo glad you love that feeling!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Elfwing
              @elfwing
                • Total Posts: 486

@gracie-j

😊

i love your signature quote btw! That is literally me to a T 😂

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

relia
                @relia
                  • Total Posts: 47

@kathleenramm

My characters…

1. Isbel – Weirdest mix of a huffy and haughty British Princess, and your demanding CEO. Has a thing for brandy and hates being outside. Practical as heck, but is also very concerned with presenting herself properly. 17, and ESTJ.

2. Katarin – Chemist, works for military. Absent minded but brilliant, the Albert Einstein of her time. Searching for truth and meaning and all that, has a knack for ending up in the worst situations. Really not good at taking responsibility, unfortunately. 16, and INTP.

3. Payne – brattiest but funniest Prince. He’s 13 and 5 foot and proud of it, and has been known to shoot foreign ambassadors with tomato guns. Not afraid to speak his mind, and up for anything crazy. ENTP.

I would take Katarin to brunch, because she would actually try not to draw attention to herself. Given that she’s 6 foot and has a bunch of weird scars and tattoos, I don’t think that would work, but she would try. At least we’d have some interesting conversations.

I would definitely take Payne to rob a bank with. He’s very unconventional, and would provide great commentary. And it’s a definite plus if we get to shoot the guards with the contents of our gardens. Besides, if we got caught his dad would come bail us out, so I wouldn’t have to worry about going to jail.

The prank? Isbel. One hundred percent. She would hate me so much for a few days, but the look on her face would be priceless. And she spends so much time manipulating things I really wanna see how she reacts after she gets tricked. Would probably blame Payne no matter what and then throw something at his face, let’s be honest.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by relia.

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

Lydia S.
                  @lydia-s
                    • Total Posts: 399

@kathleenramm

Yay, I’m so glad! They’re a lot of fun to work with. 😀

Exactly!

Oh, wow! I think this one was probably the most fun one I’ve answered yet, so bravo!

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm

@ariel-f

Camille can make you spill all your secrets and publish them? Woah, she’s on a another level. Not necessarily a higher one but definitely a different one. XD

@nanisnook

It’s cool how you modeled Tess after yourself! It would be very interesting going to brunch with someone very similar to yourself.

Just a bit curious, do you find it easier or harder writing about a character similar to yourself?

@relia

Ah, I love all your character descriptions! Just by a few sentences I have a clear picture in my head of what they look like. They all seem so vibrant and interesting. It would be so fun to read a story with all these characters.

Natalie C.
                      @nanisnook

@kathleenramm

Ummmmmm… *completely blanks* is both an answer? Sometimes it’s easy because I can think, oh, hey, how would I respond in this situation? But other times, it’s like, but I don’t like how I respond in this situation! And then I change it.

Kathleen
                        @kathleenramm

@nanisnook

Yeah, I get what you mean. Almost anything can be easier or harder depending on the situation.

Have you ever based characters on other people in your life?

Natalie C.
                          @nanisnook

@kathleenramm

I don’t think I ever have on purpose, but I’m sure I’ve done it many times without actually realizing it. Have you?

Kads
                            @scripter-of-kingdoms
                              • Total Posts: 765

@kathleenramm I know I’m late to this topic, but it seems really funny, so I’ll join in XD

So. Three characters from my series!

1. Tàe – a fiercely introverted, very shy elf. He’s very sentimental and loving, though. Strangely, he has no mana (mana is power granted to the faerie races by God for defense and healing). He’d probably be, in human-ish terms, somewhere along the ages of 14-17.

2. Bren – a crazy, extroverted girl. She’s an ENFP (which is probably why her and I are pretty similar, we’re both ENFPs). Intelligent, formulates plans where things almost always go wrong but she somehow pulls them all out of trouble. She’s 16.

3. Damias – an EXTREMELY hotheaded prince. Be very wary around him. The slightest thing can set him off, and he has OCD, too, so that makes things even WORSE. Oh, man, Damias is scary.

I’d take Tàe out to brunch! He’s so sweet. I love being with him. 💕

I’d rob a bank with Bren, because she’d somehow manage to pull it off?? I don’t even know how she does it. Something would probably, no, definitely go wrong – she’d accidentally trip some alarm or something – and then we’d have the time of our lives getting out of there. But Bren ALWAYS figures out a way. Always.

Uh… I’d play a prank on Damias because I haven’t really had a “near-death experience” before. XD

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Kads.

staring at the fields
                              if nothing's really real
                              i'll make the winter now my home

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3863

Hmmm….I’ll stick with the ones from one of my recent fanfics. My three mcs are Crossfire (the main character), Feathertail (his mother), Echopelt (his mentor and sorta adoptive father).

I’d probably go to brunch with Feathertail. Just because. She’s a fascinating character. She’d probably tell me all her problems, and then I’d have to keep the secret that I’m the one who gave her those problems in the first place……But otherwise, it’d be enjoyable. Maybe I’d get to hear her play her flute, or maybe I’d get to handle her pet, Stormcloud.

Rob a bank? No. No. No. But if it were any of the three who’d do it, it’d be Crossfire. At one point in his story, he runs off to join his biological father’s clan, and he probably would steal a few things along the way. But he’d be the one robbing the place, and I’d be talking him out of it (or trying to, anyway, he’s a bit of a strong-willed character and I’m not sure if he’d listen).

Echopelt is the only character of the three who actually comes from one of the stories I based the fanfic off of. He’d be the one I’d play a prank on, just for fun. He’s a cyborg, which means that pranks involving water could get out of hand (maybe he’d, like, short out or something and get hurt) but it’d be hilarious to see the look on his face when he falls into a harmless trap or something. I was about to say I would give him a high-five after it to make up for it, but then I realized he doesn’t have a right hand, only a sorta data-drive-connector thing on the end of his mechanical right arm, and that’d be a bit awkward…..

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Kathleen
                                @kathleenramm

@scripter-of-kingdoms

I know it says “Topic of the Week” but it’s really more like “topic that i post once a week but, you know, reply whenever you want” but that title is a bit long so I stuck with the former title. XD

But anyway, pulling a prank on Damias for the soul reason that you’ve never had a “near-death experience before” is brilliant. Even if the ‘near’ in your ‘near death experience’ gets cut out, at least you went out fighting, haha.

Oh, and I love the contrast between all three of your characters. I feel like all their interactions would be really interesting and fun, or how my siblings and I like to call it, character interactions that create “fiery sparks”.

@keilah-h

Haha, listening to your character’s problems while knowing that your the one who gave them to them is terribly cruel, but at the same time kinda funny. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >