OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,106 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

Hellooo guys!! I wanted to set up a little something to give us all some extra motivation in our wips!

So for anyone who remembers “sprinting” in CWW, then you know what to do XD *whispers* go team Fire!!!

But to those who did not participate, this is a section where you can tag some people and challenge them to a writing “sprint”.

A sprint can happen at any time. For example, I might decide, right now at 1:19 PM, that I want to Sprint for twenty minutes. So I would write a comment saying something like this:

@mybuddyonkingdompen Hey, wanna Sprint from :19 to :39?

Then you and your buddy–supposing they accept–“Sprint” (A fun word for “write”) for twenty minutes!

Now if you wanna step it up and RACE, then you could say something like–

Hey, @mybuddyonkingdompen, wanna race from :19 to :39?

And the winner would be the person with the most words written!

At the end of each week, I’ll *cough* try *cough* to set up a “leaderboard”! (although I may have to take some help from volunteers to keep up with it haha)

Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

@abigail-m
      @gracie-j @issawriter7 @mkfairygirl @nova21 @scripter-of-kingdoms @devastate-lasting @kathleenramm @r-m-archer @e-k-seaver @joy-caroline @nanisnook @if-I-forgot-anyone-I’m-sorry!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Issabelle Perry
      @issawriter7
        • Total Posts: 976

@daisy-torres

YESSS!!!! WE HAVE A WRITING SPRINTTTT!!!!!! If anyone sprints from around 4 – 8 P.M. EST on Tuesdays through Sundays TOTALLY tag me in!!!! I try to write around that time but *cough* kinda end up doing other things. *innocent smile* Anyway I have no idea what a leaderboard is, but I’ll TOTALLY volunteer to help ya with it!

Oh and *cough* GOOO TEAM WATER!!! *cough*

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
        TeenWritersNook.com

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@daisy-torres You were in CWW too? Aye, awesome! Right now I’m kinda busy though, haha…but I will be sure to join at some point!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Natalie C.
          @nanisnook
            • Total Posts: 154

@daisy-torres

Wow, that sounds super fun!! I’ve never done a writing sprint before. What was CWW? I’m gonna be out of town for the next week, but I’m hopeful to still get some writing done, so if anyone wants to tag me, I can give it a try!

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216
              • Total Posts: 1011

@daisy-torres

Hey, this is a great idea!! Especially with doing NaNoWriMo currently, this would be a huge benefit to me!! Great topic!!:) I may be able to sprint soon 😉 I’ve actually never done it before so forgive me XD

Kads
              @scripter-of-kingdoms
                • Total Posts: 765

@daisy-torres ooOooOo!! Count me in!!! If anyone wants to race/sprint with me, I’m usually available from like 10 am CST to 12 or 1 pm CST. And also sometimes in the evening. 😀 I also have a first draft due in June, so this will be quite helpful!!!

staring at the fields
                if nothing's really real
                i'll make the winter now my home

Daisy Torres
                @daisy-torres

@issawriter7 Haha relatable XD Thank you!! Basically, I’ll go through comments and see who managed to write the most words. We/I’ll rank the totals once a week on a list and see who the winner is!!!

*cough* go FIRE *cough* :))))

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@daisy-torres

I would love to do this if I have the time! I’ve been so insanely busy lately that I haven’t been on KP nearly as much. But I will definitely join this fun challenge if I can.

Daisy Torres
                    @daisy-torres

@devastate-lasting I was!! Actually, I saw a comment from you on there talking about kingdom pen to another person, and that’s how I joined XD

Yay!! It’ll be great to have you join!!!

Daisy Torres
                      @daisy-torres

@nanisnook It really is!!! CWW stands for Crazy Writing Week. It’s something that is occasionally hosted by the Young Writer’s Workshop, and it’s a lot of fun. I think it happens twice a year, but I’m not completely sure haha. Last time was my first year to join.

Yayyy!!! Thanks for joining!!

Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres

@writerlexi1216 Yayy!!! It’ll be awesome to have you!! Don’t worry about not having done it before, it’s pretty simple and you’ll catch on!!

Daisy Torres
                          @daisy-torres

@scripter-of-kingdoms Woop woop!!! Oooh that’s awesome about your draft!!! Good luck!!

Daisy Torres
                            @daisy-torres

@joy-caroline Hey, any bit you can do is still progress XD Thank you for taking time to join!!! It’ll be great to have you!!

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 1379

@daisy-torres

Thank you!

Daisy Torres
                                @daisy-torres

@joy-caroline Of course!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,106 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >