-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
You’re fine! 😉 I don’t think you went too far, it just gave me a…new perspective.
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
It is very like her, which is fitting just…0_o Definitely Dark and surreal. Just a little gruesome… definitely makes it YA.
Cause totally something I couldn’t do in a Middle-grade book, lol.
Also…I don’t know if I’ll ever see tarts the same. XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
So you mean that an Active arc is when a character is overcoming their flaws and a passive one is when a character describes their own worth/I-can’t-think-of-a-better-word?
In that case I might only have one Passive character.
Flaws, flaws…how much they riddle life. Well, here’s a spiel. I used to be scared to write a flaw such…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
*Nods sagely* Mine would be brown also, if Google is correct and Jennifer Trafton doesn’t dye her hair.
Ah, yes, the dragon. I am not sure myself…but there’s only ever be once chance for a dragon no matter how many horses there may be.
I actually do not like them (anymore), which is sad to me (because of the “anymore”).
*Pops a…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello I am new in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Why hello there…Rat? Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m Koshka, a middle-grade animal fantasy writer, dabbler in many other genres, with a faint spark of a poet. Somewhere.
Oh, and I’m a history-loving homeschooled-nerd who likes staring at ancient armor and ice cream, but not necessarily together.
Here’s a few ask-the-newbie-questions:
- …
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Greetings and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’m called Elishavet around here, and I write medieval fantasy too, as well as the random poem, flash fiction, and well, randomness.
So how fantastic is your book world? I have two main WIPs which are neither of them magical – although one does have some fantastic elements like fire captured in…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Why hello there and welcome to the Kingdom! I’m called Koshka around here. I’m a middle-grade animal fantasy writer with random spurts into a bunch of other genres, who also dabbles in poetry and ice cream. A lot of ice cream.
Now for the ASK-THE-NEWBIE-QUESTIONS!!
- What’s your favorite author’s natural hair color?
- If you could own a…
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Oh btw, to anyone who is interested I am thinking about starting a RP for animal characters. I have the forum typed up, just not submitted. If there’s enough interest to start it going I will. =)
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the notes, it helps.
But as for your excerpt, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE BABY?
I mean, I guess he assumes silence and thus saves the lives of those he can. Or at least I hope he is able to because something tells me the guilt associated with “betraying” someone else would be the worst kind of torment to…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
GAHHHH! *Pounds table*
ThIs! THIS is why I both read and write Middle Grade.
*Table falls apart*
And Hans?
Be glad I can’t get to you through this screen.
*Storms out slamming door*
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Ooh, awesome! I love Narnia!! 😁 Haven’t read the rest of those, but I know of some of them… Yeah, me too XD It’s really hard to pick.
Cool! What’s the fictional world like? I’m assuming it’s fantasy, xD
Amazing, I LOVE sci Fi!! Fantasy is pretty good at times, too.. have you read KOTLC?
XD Yeah! I was just trying to think of different…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello I am new in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Oops, forgot to tag people lol
@highscribeofaetherium @freedomwriter76 @esther-c @euodia-vision @smiley @acancello @whalekeeper @kyronthearcanin @thearcaneaxiom @mineralizedwritings @literally-everyone
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello I am new in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Welcome to kingdom pen! I’m hybridlore, a homeschooled Christian teen girl and writer, I’ve you haven’t already guessed XD
Some newbie questions for you!
Favorite books/series?
What’s your WIP about? (Work in progress, or whatever you’re writing currently.)
Favorite hobbies?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Hi Julia! Nice to meet you! I’m hybridlore, also a homeschooler, Christian teen girl, and writer.. if you haven’t already guessed 😅
Ah, don’t be nervous girl.. everyone’s amazing on here! We’re all just here to hang out and help each other 😊
Some newbie questions for you!
What’s your favorite book series/books/authors?
What’s your WIP…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Narnia? O.O My native land!!!
Peter and Lucy were always my favorites, but I love all the Pevensie siblings. And a whole bunch of other characters like Caspian the Tenth, Puddleglum, Aravis, Shasta, Rilian, Glimfeather, Reepicheep, Digory, Emeth, Jewel, Trumpkin…..(is it really possible to name them all?)
Nevertheless, my…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Hmm, interesting. It makes sense. There are many ways and categories for character development and arcs, which is a good thin as there are many Authors as well.
I think with people saying their characters are both Passive/Active they are actually referring to a character being Active in the A Story and Passive in the B Story. I have…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
*Blinks*
That would be…utterly terrifying.
And I don’t even know that much about Marvel, but…
*Imagining the chaos*
*Grins*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
What’s your crossover? I don’t recognize most of the people, but I haven’t watched many movies so that’s not a surprise.
Wait, is it a Narnia fanfic? 0.0
CoN is one of my absolute all time favorite books series!!!! My siblings and I grew up listening to the Focus on the Family dramatized audio of the Chronicles, which are still…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
YES. I. AM.
But only for his own protection, so it’s a good thing, right? Of course right.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 1 month ago
Thank You!!! It’s an experiment. 😉
Is there anything you liked/thoughts/suggestions?
And yes, I think she is turning to kidnapping. XD
- Load More
