-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Have I ever mentioned I really like your forum signature.
I thought it ended really well, I liked the mentor-y moment with Master Paul! I didn’t really understand what Cubespace was entirely, so the whole incident confused me a little.
I think Master Paul asked Nahim to fly the ship, but Nahim said no, so the Master left him there o…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ooh, @power, what’s your current WIP called?
You’re making me laugh again! I agree, and I would rather keep my enemy at a spear’s distance than in my face, but Yeah, @jonas is right. Though, I have a rising feeling now to be my weird self and go against norm. Hmmm…
Second quote of the day, Normality is overrated.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Blogs! in the forum Non-Fiction 2 years, 11 months ago
I haven’t posted much photography on my page because media takes up storage and I only have so much free storage before I have to pay, soooo there’s that lol. And traveling I can’t really add to unless I travel. But I do want to get some more creative writing on there….
*sneaks over to your blog now*
-
Ruth replied to the topic Igua…the story that's going nowhere in the forum Fantasy 2 years, 11 months ago
Sorry, I typed up a reply and it didn’t post, it might be tomorrow before I can reply again, Sorry.
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Wow. It’s been a bit since my last post on here.
The twins.
The island was silent but for the crashing waves and the distant music of wind in trees. Zlatan blinked up at the crescent moon, pale in the star cast sky.
“The lady smiles tonight.” Vulka’s voice was low. His brother rumbled in agreement. A soft murmur of some fluttering night bird…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 11 months ago
I might jump in on this conversation if you don’t mind. I wasn’t going to initially, but now that I’m reading it, it’s more intriguing.
I wouldn’t say I’m extremely cynical of authority figures in the church, but I have seen plenty of church leaders misleading people, some intentionally, some unintentionally, and…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh and the paragraph about heaven and hell didn’t seem too preachy. I mean, I think it’s fine to have it in there since it was really short. Great job on the description of that, too! I think it works well.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
I thought it ended really well, I liked the mentor-y moment with Master Paul! I didn’t really understand what Cubespace was entirely, so the whole incident confused me a little.
I think Master Paul asked Nahim to fly the ship, but Nahim said no, so the Master left him there on the controls? And then Nahim stabilized it and went to yell at…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Igua…the story that's going nowhere in the forum Fantasy 2 years, 11 months ago
Hello.
Now that we know each other, here’s a list of random questions about your WIP!
1. Does Igua like fish?
2. With such an aversion to butter knives, is eating butter a problem?
3. About how old is Igua at the beginning of your story?
4. What do you think inspired his character the most?
Hello, I’m called Ru or Ruee.
1. No, he d…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh! you didn’t have to read the entire thing today!!! Oh, well.
The biggest things I noticed were again, really long paragraphs. I think it would be easier to read if you split them up, but it’s up to you.
Yeah, I’ve only gotten to chapter four with my paragraph revisions
What did you think of the scene in The Deal? Ya, know, this pa…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Okay, here’s chapter 7
CHAPTER 7-THE INVESTIGATONS
The suns were bright and shining over Ladance as two Laxdains came walking together through the dusty streets. One was taller, dressed in red coarse, but durable, clothing with a powerful blaster strapped to his side, from his thigh to his knee. The other was shorter, but with tailored and… -
hybridlore replied to the topic Editing a post causes it to get deleted in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, that’s happened to me too before!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
I like it! Thing is my favorite, lol. I don’t think you should change the name even though it’s a little mean, but it’s up to you. I think it fits her and she likes it, so it works.
The plot is a little confusing to me… a lot of the philosophy/science stuff goes over my head but that’s fine, lol. Anyway, nice job so far! I…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Okay, phew! Finally caught up. And yeah, Chapter 7 isn’t showing up for me… so I guess I’m not, lol.
The biggest things I noticed were again, really long paragraphs. I think it would be easier to read if you split them up, but it’s up to you.
And long sections of dialogue without tags, like this:
“You can…”
“Read, write, and speak i…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Okay, I actually don’t think I’ll join… Thanks, though!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Igua…the story that's going nowhere in the forum Fantasy 2 years, 11 months ago
Hi! (I’m Elishavet [obviously] and I don’t remember if I’ve met or otherwise greeted you because my brain just will not let me, so welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! It’s an honor to meet you, hopefully for the first time.)
I adore how unique your world is, even as you employ tropes and tools used elsewhere. It’s obviously your creation, and I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Igua…the story that's going nowhere in the forum Fantasy 2 years, 11 months ago
*comes out of the shadows where I have lurked in recent days*
Intriguing story. It doesn’t sound like anything I’ve read before, although considering that most of my favorite authors are long dead that may not be worth mentioning.
At any rate, I do not believe I have properly met you either. I am Koshka, a writer of middle-grade animal…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Editing a post causes it to get deleted in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh yeah that’s happened to me before. Idk why. 🤷🏻♀️ If I have to edit a post, I’ll just edit it, copy it, then submit the edit just in case it deletes.
-
Esther replied to the topic ✨ WIP Rant Chat!!! ✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Aww, thanks!!
Plotting isn’t always easy for me, so that’s encouraging to hear. 😊
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I’ll try to get to writing a RP later today, but I’m not sure if that will happen. 😅 I haven’t gotten to it this week because life has been pretty busy. 🙃
- Load More
