Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related.

Home Page › Forums › Fiction Writing › General Writing Discussions › Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3026

@jonas

I’ll try, but no promises about him agreeing. He’s shy, but maybe not seeing your faces will make him more likely to do it!

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
      Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

Cloaked Mystery
      @jonas
        • Total Posts: 2625

@rae

I’m a pretty shy person myself, but for me it’s completely different online. I barely talk at all in person, but I am prone to long rants online!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
        ✨ Magic System Creator
        🎭 Character RPer
        📚 Appreciator of Books

hanako
        @hanako
          • Total Posts: 171

@rae

Would you guys like me to convince my big brother to come on here and rant about his cool stuff some time? He has like to much for me to count. A lot of warrior stuff, weapons, ships, tactics, armor, almost anything. What do you think? Should I try?

It never hurts to try! I joined because my little sister was doing it. This is great place to get feedback on ideas and help on thinking things out.

"We don't play to win, we win by playing."

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

-GRCR-
          @grcr
            • Total Posts: 958

@hanako

little huh?

🤍 Ira | Jara | Evelyn | Flaz | Blaine 🤍

TheArcaneAxiom
            @thearcaneaxiom
              • Total Posts: 1254

@jonas

So is that to say that if it somehow had multiple needles or something it would work? But then the two people would have to walk around holding the sword between them. Or could the evil entity somehow spread to multiple swords that would allow it to control multiple people?

Let’s just said that the physical blade itself is not indestructible.

And to clarify: is it a permanent bond only because the sword won’t let the user put it down? Or even if he somehow got away from it would it still be in control?

It would be the first. It would be next to impossible to pry the blade from Liren’s hand, and Kirrtes wouldn’t just let Liren’s arm be cut off. That doesn’t mean it’s infallible though. If they were somehow physically separated, the bond would be broken, and there’s many other ways things could go wrong that would break the bond as well.

@rae

It becomes blunter than a butterknife, and it does have (though only to a certain extent) a physical ability to resist. It was not made to be a suicide weapon. If you are strong enough to still stab yourself with it even after it physically refuses, the most you will get is a bruise.

Interesting, so it changes it’s physical nature. Kind of like the crystal sword in a way. Cool!

Yes, very much so. He loves causing pain to his enemies, and will stop at no lengths to see them slowly destroyed but never suddenly killed. I think my littler antag under Grathmere, Vorgan, said it best…

Interesting. I really enjoy exploring the real nature of good and evil, as well as the psychology and different manifestations of it. The characters that want nothing more than just to cause pain are always intriguing.

After hearing your stuff, I really think my weapons lame. So far , with my WIP, Nahim’s weapons are not really special besides emotional and symbolic connection. He carries a green sword because he got that in the mormaka episode, and it reminds him of that, where he almost died but conquered.

He has a blue one because his parents both had blue ones, and it reminds him of them, and one day, he finds his father’s own sword.

He used to use red, because his teacher used red, and it is the “color of dragons” as his teacher, Dare, said.

As far as fantasy, I haven’t much built on that side…

No way, I love the mechanic you have for the crystal sword, all I would just say to do more with it. I won’t tell you to blind yourself from anything you may be lacking, one should always be humble, willing to learn more, because that’s how we get better. At the same time, just don’t lose your self confidence. It might seem like a contradiction, but balance between conflicting concepts is how we become better people as a whole.

Would you guys like me to convince my big brother to come on here and rant about his cool stuff some time? He has like to much for me to count. A lot of warrior stuff, weapons, ships, tactics, armor, almost anything. What do you think? Should I try?

Sure! I at first wasn’t really interested to see what KP was about, but my sister convinced me to come see, and now I spend more time on here than her!😅

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Power
              @power
                • Total Posts: 292

Shall I write something astonishing (And that might get my head bit off)? 😜

Swords are overrated.

Bows and pole weapons are much better.

You will love what you spend time with.

Cloaked Mystery
                @jonas

@power

Swords are overrated.

Bows and pole weapons are much better.

In real life? Yes, because range is a huge advantage. Swords were historically a sidearm.

But swords are cooler, and have more personality than other weapons.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                  ✨ Magic System Creator
                  🎭 Character RPer
                  📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
                  @highscribeofaetherium
                    • Total Posts: 2238

@power

*gasp*

How dare you.

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

RAE
                    @rae
                      • Total Posts: 3026

Ooh, @power, what’s your current WIP called?

You’re making me laugh again! I agree, and I would rather keep my enemy at a spear’s distance than in my face, but Yeah, @jonas is right. Though, I have a rising feeling now to be my weird self and go against norm. Hmmm…

Second quote of the day, Normality is overrated.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
                      Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom

@everyone @power

Ok, next sword! You make an excellent point Power, but what if the sword is something like this? This one is unnamed, and may or may not be unique:

It is a blade with a physical gap half way through. It is constructed through a 4 dimensional bridge, so the space in-between, any 3 dimensional object can pass through. So it functions like a normal sword, but it can act as a hook, and with clever use of the user, it can be used to get up close to the opponent, or far away. While this means that it can’t block another sword as well, it can get around your opponent’s sword, and usual defenses much easier, allowing for far more aggressive techniques. If multiple of these existed (and this is simply a bi-product of the 4 dimensional geometry, not a concept I thought would be cool, though I think it is cool), the gapped region would actually clash as if something is actually their, because it is, just in another dimension. So if you were to fight a swordsman with the same sword, the advantage of getting around you opponent’s sword is gone.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

HighScribe
                        @highscribeofaetherium
                          • Total Posts: 2238

@thearcaneaxiom

Ok, that, seriously, is one of the coolest ideas ever.

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Cloaked Mystery
                          @jonas

@thearcaneaxiom

Cool! I had a similar idea once, but with a smaller gap that was mainly an aesthetic rather than practical consideration.

What if you could increase or decrease the gap in the blade? That could be useful.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                            ✨ Magic System Creator
                            🎭 Character RPer
                            📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
                            @thearcaneaxiom

@highscribeofaetherium

Ok, that, seriously, is one of the coolest ideas ever.

Thanks🤣😅

@jonas

Cool! I had a similar idea once, but with a smaller gap that was mainly an aesthetic rather than practical consideration.

Yeah, if you have the power to make physical gaps like that, the power in weapons, gadgets, and everything else you could make would be endless beyond that of aesthetic.

What if you could increase or decrease the gap in the blade? That could be useful.

Actually, this is something my sister I believe is implementing. There are two blades bourn by these essentially demi-god twins. The swords are very much like this, able to extend and retract by the will of their bearers. We’ve discussed it a little, and she hasn’t figured out much beyond that I think.

Power
                              @power

@jonas 🤨😏😁

Power
                                @power

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >