Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related.

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Weapons, Tech, War, Armor, Anything warrior related.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3026

This is an idea spurred by @power, I greatly thank you for it.

I noticed there seemed be nothing recent of the sort and since I have an interest in war stories (and therefore stuff war related slightly) and would like to learn more about this recent hobby of mine, here’s suddenly a new topic.

The only rules I can think of are just the KP standards we all follow, so I’ll skip that.

So if you’re interested and have time, anyone’s welcome to join the conversation? Topic? Whateveritis.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
      Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

hanako
      @hanako
        • Total Posts: 171

@rae

Hey! Definitely, an interesting topic. I’m debating on doing a warrior style story for next month’s nanowrimo. But we’ll see.

I really like the idea of warriors that are trained from youth to fight great battles. I think warrior stories are great ways to include moral values and examples of great and poor character.

"We don't play to win, we win by playing."

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

RAE
        @rae

@hanako

Thanks for showing up. I was thinking it would end up as just Power and I.

I really like the idea of warriors that are trained from youth to fight great battles. I think warrior stories are great ways to include moral values and examples of great and poor character.

Yeah, me too. I created the Realn for that reason. Well, that and it was the coolest thing to a girl who had trouble sleeping at night. Nahim met me there.

They have morphed into a people like they are.

TheArcaneAxiom
          @thearcaneaxiom
            • Total Posts: 1254

@rae

Ohh, cool topic! Can I share some of my fantasy weapons on here?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

RAE
            @rae

@thearcaneaxiom

Sure!

RAE
              @rae

@power @hanako @thearcaneaxiom

CRYSTAL SWORDS, The weapon of Thurston.

Twelve-year-old Nahim cast little bits of metal and crystal across a rough floor in disgust. He hung his head, every minute of free time he had gone to his little private hiding hole and labored over this project for months, and yet he had no progress to show it. He figured a last piece of red crystal, thinking again of how he could have gone wrong. Ting. The little object bounced on the floor as Nahim let it slip through his fingers.

Drawing out his pen, Nahim, for what seemed the thousandth time, studied his graphs, and cross-sections, calculations and sketches, notes and research. And the crossed out bits that held a history of fails. ‘I’m missing something.’

With his left hand, he unhooked the sword that dangled from his side. Sun orange molten crystal shot from the sword handle, then hardened into a single edged sword. ‘A sudden high surge of energy melts the crystal, then it naturally, and automatically hardens, but still glows. It forms into whatever form it has been shaped to as a little “baby crystal”’ He looked down at his crystal of red, it was the shape he wanted. ‘Desired amount of notches in handle for pinky, or thumb to push. Piece rotates and runs the mechanism to energize crystal. I have all of the parts, casings, mechanisms, crystals, energy. What’s wrong? Do I need another way to activate the sword? But, I like pushing it with my thumb. I’ve got the automatic reflex now too. Ughh!’ He switched the sword in his hand off, and placed it by his side. Months, months of secret work all alone.

I think that explains some of how they work.

They were first developed by the first emperor of the Realn, Thurston.

Uhhh… Is everything else explained in the above text?

Well, if it isn’t, just ask cuz I’m at a loss for words today. Long day🥱.

TheArcaneAxiom
                @thearcaneaxiom

@rae

Cool! That’s a really cool concept. Crystal swords as an idea has always felt a little fantasy cliché to me, but the mechanic you built into it is actually really intriguing! It’s kind of like a memory metal (is that what it’s based off of), but it disappears instead of getting distorted, so that’s a really powerful material. Just make sure that such technology is actually used for more than just swords if you haven’t already, because that’s powerful.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

RAE
                  @rae

@thearcaneaxiom

Actually, I haven’t yet! I make mental note of that. Thanks!

TheArcaneAxiom
                    @thearcaneaxiom

@rae

Ok, first, before all the cool stuff, I’ll introduce the standard Shome’el sword and shield:

There isn’t much to say about the sword, but I like the design. As for the shield (front and side profile) It is designed with a curved body, that forms a kind of pseudo roof. This is because of the nature of Omialia being in a space of clustered planetoids, so warfare is more dynamic, making soldiers want to have protection from as many angles as possible, especially directly above them, because attack from an above planetoid mass is a common tactic.

RAE
                      @rae

@thearcaneaxiom

I need to make a mental note of that shield shape…That has potential. Thanks for sharing!

Just one question, how do they maneuver the shield when they fight? The unique shape causes me to wonder if the top part would not hinder certain movements, for instance, protecting their feet. I see, by placement of the handle, the shield doesn’t look like it goes down to the feet. The feet and legs are a common attack spot, if you can disable your opponent, they’re as good as dead. But if they pull the shield down to their feet, they’re going to get a little bit of a headache. Or is there some way they have thought around it.

Sorry if this offends you, I’m just wondering.

TheArcaneAxiom
                        @thearcaneaxiom

@rae

Sorry if this offends you

The deepest, darkest corners of my soul are rising, bubbling with rage likened to a volcano at the mere thought of being asked such a question!!!

… … … Lol no🤣🤣🤣🤣

I worry about offending people sometimes too, but if people can’t handle a simple question or criticism about something they created, then that’s on them, not you. Thanks for being considerate though!

I need to make a mental note of that shield shape…That has potential. Thanks for sharing!

Of course, thanks!

Just one question, how do they maneuver the shield when they fight? The unique shape causes me to wonder if the top part would not hinder certain movements, for instance, protecting their feet. I see, by placement of the handle, the shield doesn’t look like it goes down to the feet. The feet and legs are a common attack spot, if you can disable your opponent, they’re as good as dead. But if they pull the shield down to their feet, they’re going to get a little bit of a headache. Or is there some way they have thought around it.

Excellent question. Yes, it doesn’t go all the way down to the feet, but it’s a shield designed to be protective of threats more in front and above. It isn’t meant to be a body shield, but a soldier can stake the shield into the ground, then crouch beside it when in assault. They can also lower the shield by rotating the top to their side a bit if needed. What I would see as an issue is the weight distribution, but I’m sort of taking fantastical liberties for that, and there could be lots of different ways a solider can be trained to carry it.

RAE
                          @rae

@thearcaneaxiom

Excellent question. Yes, it doesn’t go all the way down to the feet, but it’s a shield designed to be protective of threats more in front and above. It isn’t meant to be a body shield, but a soldier can stake the shield into the ground, then crouch beside it when in assault. They can also lower the shield by rotating the top to their side a bit if needed. What I would see as an issue is the weight distribution, but I’m sort of taking fantastical liberties for that, and there could be lots of different ways a solider can be trained to carry it.

That makes sense, Thanks!

TheArcaneAxiom
                            @thearcaneaxiom

Now to the cool stuff!

Introducing, Kirrtes:

Kirrtes is a one of a kind blade. While the sword itself seems like a noble weapon, you can see the corrupted gem, alluding to its nature. Kirrtes has a consciousness, if you can call it that at least. It thinks and schemes towards an ultimate goal. It can control it’s wielder perfectly, muscle per muscle, but the wielder is still fully conscious and aware of what’s happing, still able to feel everything, but bears no will to change it. Every time Kirrtes pierces flesh, the wielder is enveloped into the experience of the victim. Thus the wielder, in the view of the victim, looks up at the monster that is their killer, how could someone be so heartless and cruel, the victim, and therefore the wielder would think. The victim would die, and the wielder would feel every pain, thought, and emotion of that death, but is denied the death itself.

RAE
                              @rae

@thearcaneaxiom

That’s dark. I can see Grathmere doing that.

Who owns the blade?

TheArcaneAxiom
                                @thearcaneaxiom

@rae

That’s dark. I can see Grathmere doing that.

Yeah, a little😅 Is Grathmere one of your characters or a weapon?

Right now, Liren. I can’t say if he’s the first or the last, but this is his current lot. I can’t say much else about who he was, but his now rugged clothing seems to have once been the uniform of a noble.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >