-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
You have not noticed the spelling. Mandin said “Speedering” Nahim said “Speedeering”. Nahim pronunciates it as speed-dear-ring with his Nayhelmic accent.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Guardian Angels, a space story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@scoutfinch180 I know I haven’t replyed yet, but i got a idea and am trying to run with it, plus I’ve been sick. @whalekeeper @grcr @jonas @hybridlore
Chapter 2: Nahim, the Last Nayhelm
the first part
“Nahim. Nahim!”
Mandin waved his large hand in front of his 19-year-old friend’s hidden face. “Nahim, what’s up?”
Nahim seemed to be the only…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Ohh, gotcha! It’s a fantasy race, then?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
That’s good! Yeah, I feel like I should try that, too. I wouldn’t say my characters are all super introverted, but generally they’re more quiet than loud, unless I’m just trying to have them say something to move the plot forward.
Oh, that’s awesome! I like characters like that too XD Yeah, I think I get what you mean.
I’ve never…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Brown eyes can be really pretty! I feel like I’ve maybe overused them a bit, though, because I think it’s realistic to have characters with them since they’re most common. Oh, and I forgot about hazel. I think I’ve used that one before too.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Personality-wise, my characters have all sorts of different traits… I’m an INTP, but I try to make my characters different myself,
Hey, awesome! We’re twins xD
That’s really interesting! I don’t know if I’ve honestly tried to write from the perspectives of extroverted characters before … I guess I struggle with character development a lit…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Nice XD I mean, they’re aliens, it’s okay lol.
Exactly, it’s hard XD Cause that one word works so well there, but you’ve already used it 🤦
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
Ohhh, gotcha, it was dyed xD.
Oh man, I think all writers must xD Or just everyone in general. Sometimes I’ll be reading and I’m like, wait, didn’t they just use that word in the last paragraph? Maybe our brains can only hold so many words at one time so we just end up using the same ones to describe things XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
@kyronthearcanin Wow, blue hair?? XD Yeah, I would like to pay more attention to it so that my characters are more different, so I thought it would be fun to see what everyone on here does. Looks like you’ve done a pretty good job on it though!😅
Cool! Yeah, it’s funny how our characters kind of reflect different parts of ourselves. And…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
My charries are never a perfect reflection of myself, they only have a few things each that are like me, and i let others try to find them and almost never point them out unless I’m making a point (cuz often they are the deepest parts of my heart)
-
Ruth replied to the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
oooh *subscribes*
@anyone
I often pick Black hair, even though my hair is a light brown that bleaches naturally to a dirty blond in the summer. I also often pick men as my main charres, and they’re often in the ages between 15 and 25. They’re usually warriors cuz that’s me. All of them have some secret in their backstory that they…[Read more]
-
hybridlore started the topic Most Common Character Traits? in the forum Characters 2 years, 9 months ago
So this was an interesting idea I had yesterday… I was wondering which traits are most commonly picked for character appearances (and personality, too).
For example, even though my hair is more of a dirty blonde, most of my main characters have dark brown or black hair, and gray or brown eyes. I’m not really sure why I do this XD I guess I just…[Read more] -
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m very bored rn.
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@smiley You want Falon and Ev to meet up about now for lunch?
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ev
“I don’t know…..I am only twelve, and a date should be the furthest thing from my mind according to my older siblings.”
The statement made Ev briefly wonder if Lukas was coming to the dance or not, but he shrugged it off. He’d ask him later.
“I might go by myself, though,” Tech added.
“Cool.” Ev paused for a moment, then snic…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ev
Ev shrugged. “Well, he has a gun, so that might keep us from attacking each other.”
“From killing each other,” Adrian corrected, holding up a finger. “I don’t think anyone would mind if I attacked you.” He flashed him a grin.
“I would,” Ev mumbled with a quick raise of his eyebrows. He turned to the young man and woman…[Read more]
-
Jaybird changed their profile picture 2 years, 9 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello, good people! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
If you like historical fiction, I started a topic where I’ve been posting sections of one of my WIPs. Feel free to check it out!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Anyone want to critique my plot? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I get it now! It’s simply the power of resistance and the fact that none of the other Paynes know that they’re being lied to. So Sef will have to confront her lies in a more obvious way than most books.
That makes sense! And yeah, definitely don’t feel like you have to take any of my advice… It’s totally up to you…[Read more]
- Load More
