-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
That’s cool. Did you make up that name or find it elsewhere? What’s your book about?
Okay it was New Zealand lol
You sure can. 😁
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thanks. I read the LOTR and once Elanor the star flower appeared I decided to add it to my favourite names list. Your name is cool itself.
What is the bird in your profile picture? I recognize it from somewhere. Somehow I’m thinking it might live in Australia or New Zealand?
-
Elanor replied to the topic Dragon Lore and other things… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@keilah-h
Thanks. 🙂 -
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Sure!
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hello and welcome!
I’m 17 and I’m also a Christian, homeschooler, poet, and writer.
So a few questions:
1. What sort of poetry do you write?? (It’s one of my favourite pastimes I’ve just written a poem in the last couple of days about the Fall colors and what this season reminds me of)
2. Does mustard belong in a cheese…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
No problem. Your drawings are pretty cool looking. Although I haven’t ever seen any StarWars movies. I’ve personally wanted to be able have wings at times it would be too cool.
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hi Tráhia, I go as Elanor here on the forum here, welcome!
I absolutely love your drawing. I’ve never heard of an ocarina I’ll have to look it up…. Searches and listens to song…. Oo that’s a cool sounding instrument.
I also greatly enjoy the LOTR books and movies and well Tolkien’s writings in general. I also have just watched the Marvel movie…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's something you thought was necessary in writing, but actually wasn't? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
What’s something you always thought was necessary in writing, but actually wasn’t?
For the longest time I thought if you weren’t writing a romance, you had to have a main villain/ antagonist.Because without a antagonist your story would be boring and have zero conflict right? Boy was I wrong.
Antagonist are great and most stories are better…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 4 years, 11 months ago
Oh wow. YOUR ART IS AMAZING. When I first saw it I had to double check that I was on the KP forum and not an art forum, haha. It’s seriously that good.
How did you learn to draw?
Also, Heroic Legend of Arslan looks like a really cool novel series. Do you recommend?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Daily Dewdrops! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Awesome idea! I’ll make sure to check back regularly.
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin
Dude, Shrek be spitin’ straight facts tho. Thanks for sharing this inspirational message. I really needed it today.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hey! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
The Premise to your WIP sound interesting! Do you have any favorite characters from the novel yet?
Also, flying is an awesome choice. I’d probably choose the same thing. If I could fly, I’d probably hang out on rooftops and trees all the time, haha.
-
Elanor replied to the topic What's your biggest strength and weakness as a writer? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
@kathleenramn
For me my biggest weakness would be that I’m terrible at getting what I’m seeing in my head into words. I’ve had the same book I’ve been trying to work on for 3-4 years and only have 3 or 4 chapters on it (a chapter a year. Lol). @koshka I can totally relate to you.
I’d say my strength would be world building. I almost have a bo…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's your biggest strength and weakness as a writer? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Ugh, I could go on forever with characters too, haha.
Out of all the character you’ve created, do you have one you know the best?
Yo, I’m not even surprised that people always compliment you on your pros. It’s one of a kind.
Was pros something that came naturally to you or did you have to work on…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hey! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Hi! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! It’s awesome to have you here!
Just a few questions to get to know each other better:
1. What’s the premise of your fantasy novel?
2. When and why did you start writing?
3. Would you rather be able to breath underwater or fly?
Great to meet your acquaintance! Catch you…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's your biggest strength and weakness as a writer? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
What’s your biggest strength and weakness as a writer?
For me, probably my biggest weakness is staying consistent. I usually write a bunch all at once and then ghost my story for weeks until my schedule is a bit more relaxed or I have a sudden burst of motivation and disregard sleep almost entirely, haha.So yeah, that’s something I’ve struggled…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What's the strangest book you've ever read? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Haha, yeah, I can relate. But the stranger the story the more fun it is to write right?
Do you have a favorite of all the strange stories you’ve written?
That does sound like an really strange, but interesting book, haha.
My siblings and I often joke about certain things we have, do, or say that could be taken way out…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic How to know if your book should be a standalone or series? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Good question! In a way, it might depend on where you are in your story. If you’re just beginning it, it would be hard to tell if it was something you could stretch into a series or not (especially since things can change as you go along).
I’d say that, usually, a series only needs to keep at least some of three things from the…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Madelyn replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 12 months ago
Hey there! Although I’ve never really put my finger on it, I think I’ve struggled with a similar problem.
Here are some thoughts:
Thought #1
It sounds like what you’re saying is that you start with this dream/vision/feeling for a story, but writing it down doesn’t feel like it captures that feeling. Maybe the issue is that the fee…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What's the strangest book you've ever read? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 12 months ago
What’s the strangest book you’ve ever read? Did you like it? Why or why not?
Probably the strangest book I’ve ever read was a book I read awhile ago… Alice in Wonderland.Take everything about a normal book then make it the complete opposite. That’s Alice in Wonderland for you.
One of my favorite things about this book is it’s a metaphor for…[Read more]
- Load More
