Hey!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tasha Van Kesteren
    @melancholic-writer
      • Total Posts: 15

Hey, I’m Tasha and I come from the land of story Embers. I’m 15, live in Canada, and am homeschooled. I write fantasy and romance and would love to try my hand at Sci-fi sometime. I’m currently working on a fantasy novel as well as a Cinderella retelling.

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm
        • Total Posts: 635

@melancholic-writer

Hi! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! It’s awesome to have you here!

Just a few questions to get to know each other better:

1. What’s the premise of your fantasy novel?

2. When and why did you start writing?

3. Would you rather be able to breath underwater or fly?

Great to meet your acquaintance! Catch you around!

Tasha Van Kesteren
        @melancholic-writer

@kathleenramm

Hi!

I haven’t written a premise so here’s my quickly 1 minute whipped together one.

When Mercedes wakes up in a foreign world, she must face trials to get home that inadvertently lead to an even bigger trial which will change her life forever.

I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember and I started writing because I loved it. I really started writing more 2-3 years ago and write to get better and to try write something that people will read, enjoy, love, and learn from. I want to write good fiction because there is a sad lacking of clean fiction that kids read these days.

Ooh that’s a hard question…I think I would rather fly.

Which would you chose?

R.M. Archer
          @r-m-archer
            • Total Posts: 243

Hi there! I’m Ariel (or Archer), and I also hang out around Story Embers!

I’ll add a couple of questions to Kathleen’s:

1. What’s your favorite element of your fantasy world?

2. What’s the defining feature of your Cinderella retelling, as opposed to other retellings (if you can share without spoilers)?

Welcome to KP!

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Power
            @power
              • Total Posts: 292

This call may or may not be recorded so after the tone please wait patiently for the rambling to stop then leave your name and credit card number and I may or may not get back with you. This in not a recording.  *beep* Greetings and Salutations! You have  almost reached Power, a.k.a the Black Mongoose (It’s okay if you imagine me with a long black cape and eye patch. I’ll try not to have a bad attitude if you forget the cowboy boots.) If your name is Alberto Ant Hillo please don’t answer the following questions!… Um, well it happens that my rabid hyenas stole my list of questions so I guess we’ll have to skip the tortuUMmHh *cough cough* pleasantries. Oh, did I forget to greet you? Hi 👋

You will love what you spend time with.

Tasha Van Kesteren
              @melancholic-writer

@r-m-archer

Hi! I’ve seen you at Story Embers.

Probably my favourite part of my fantasy world is that while earth is at its modern state, the fantasy world is more medieval.

Well I used to say my defining feature was that it doesn’t have magic but then I read Melanie Dickerson’s retellings so now I would say that it’s the fact that Mia’s (My Cinderella) mother didn’t die and then her father marry her stepmother like in every other retelling. Her stepmother is her father’s original wife.

Tasha Van Kesteren
                @melancholic-writer

@power

Hi! Nice to meet you!

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 3874

@melancholic-writer Hi there, Tasha! I’m Keilah (even though my username shows that quite obviously). I’m 14 but will be 15 next year. Your stories sound cool! I have an idea for a “mildly dystopian” fantasy novel, but I’m still worldbuilding on it. I’ll ask a few questions:

• What’s your favorite mythical or extinct animal? My favorites are dinosaurs and dragons.
                    • What sort of movies and books do you like? I’m a sci-fi/fantasy sort of person.
                    • What’s your favorite animal? I love dogs, cats and lizards.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anatra
                    @anatra23
                      • Total Posts: 211

@melancholic-writer

Hullo and welcome!

Totally agree with you–rather fly. That is and interesting sounding WIP (both the Cinderella one and the fantasy novel)
                      What’s the name of your fantasy book?

Tasha Van Kesteren
                      @melancholic-writer

@keilah-h

Hi!

My favourite mythical/extinct animals are unicorns (not your little kid fairytale ones xD) and dragons.

I like almost all genres just not horror.

Dogs and tigers are my fav.

@anatra23

Hello.

Thanks! And against my usual self, I have yet to come up with a name for my fantasy book.

Jodi Maile
                        @jodi-maile
                          • Total Posts: 138

@melancholic-writer

Hi Tasha! Welcome to the Kingdom. My name is Jodi, and I write fantasy, historical fiction, and the occasional dystopian piece. I was homeschooled pretty much my whole life and I just graduated from college this year! 🙂

I love fairytale retellings! What other kinds of fantasy stories do you usually write?

R.M. Archer
                          @r-m-archer
                            • Total Posts: 243

@melancholic-writer

Cool! I agree; it can be really cool to step back in time with fantasy. 🙂

That’s an interesting take on the story!

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Tasha Van Kesteren
                            @melancholic-writer

@jodi-maile

Hi, nice to meet you! That’s cool that you were homeschooled. What did you go to College for?

The fantasy I’m working on right now is actually the first for me. I was writing a YA or coming of age (don’t really know where to categorize it) but it died and I really took to fantasy and more romance. I also took a break from writing because I had absolutely no time to write while working this summer so I’m getting back into routine now.

@r-m-archer

Thanks!

Jodi Maile
                              @jodi-maile
                                • Total Posts: 138

@melancholic-writer I majored in English in college, and I minored in history because I thought it would give me more content for stories (which it did!) so…yeah! It was challenging but definitely worth it

That’s cool! I definitely feel the struggle trying to find time to write haha, I am also just coming out of a writing break and I’ve been doing one short story a month to try to sharpen my story-composing skills XD

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 3874

@melancholic-writer I love dragons too. And tigers are awesome! And yes, I don’t like horror either. But there are some other great genres out there! What are your favorite books/movies?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >