@godlyfantasy12
Active 3 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6750
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Half of these references won’t be recognized but I do happen to have a list of villain’s I root for
-Jacks from Caraval
-Darth Vadar/Anakin from Star Wars
-Loki from Marvel
-Kylo Ren also Star Wars
-Katherine from Heartless
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
He’s not truly a “good guy” and does some horrible things, but he’s also not totally evil either, and has depth that makes me think what he might’ve become if things had gone differently for him.
Yes, I like that point. I think that is the main difference between, “tragic backstory” verses “pure evil”
Are they evil because of what has…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, Azula is my all time favorite villain. Ozai though… he is a good example of the “pure evil” and I do like those villain types. But he also doesn’t do much, and we know what he wanted but did we really know why he wanted it?
But dear Azula, it was part of her very personality. She manipulated people, she was amazing at it,…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
😭😅 I wrote a whole villain rant, but KP ate it. And it was like five paragraphs, so I am not writing that again
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, villain motivations can definitely be hard. With heroes it’s kind of a “duh” they want to stop said villain and keep people safe. MCs are totally subjective but generally that is how we see our heroes.
Sooo, I might just rant about villains for a while? Read at your own risk, or don’t, either works 😂
But that leaves the qu…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
two are not very fleshed out, and the last is only moderately well developed. I have others that are vague formulations in my mind, and some stories where I haven’t even begun to conceptualize the villain.
Yep, definitely feel that. Which makes figuring out plot and the main character difficult as well. I feel like it’s one of the e…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Romantic Subplot help? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Maybe there’s some form of serfdom? Like the very rich who can afford the Vital subjugate the poor populations by creating superstructures out of it and forcing those who seek it’s shelter to work for them, threatened by being tossed to the elements if they disobey?
*Stokes chin thoughtfully*
Hmmm, yes, yes. That does make sen…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Mkay!
(I also haven’t even decided on mine yet.)
Yeah, I’m really not the best at villains, most of them don’t exist yet, and the rest need soooo much development. Vere is only put together as much as he is, because he’s also a main character.
But I’ve had trouble putting them in RPs for whatever reason. But hopefully I’ll get around to f…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Well because we seem to have already chatted abt this I’ll try to share something new lol. I really like facial expressions in manga and anime, their just so hilarious lol, and I strive to create the situations in my book that would make my characters make those expressions XD It’s really fun too me and definitely a reason I…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh, I love that drawing on the canva link!
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Romantic Subplot help? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yes, yes, yes!! Those are all wonderful questions that I definitely need to be thinking about! Thanks so much!!
I think it would be interesting if he was fighting as a Gladiator not because he wants to, but because it was his only option in some way — maybe his social class was too low for any other high-paying job? I also think i…
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Romantic Subplot help? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I had a response, but KP ate it 😂
(And you might notice that I stayed out of Song of Solomon for some reason. . . 🤫😁 Now let’s hope you don’t come back with the tons upon tons of pro-marriage verses. 😜)
😂😊That’s okay. I’m not one to argue over scriptures, everyone has their own opinions, and that’s okay! I do believe wholeheartedly that…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 6 months ago
Salivations Trivial Highlyness, The Duckytator, Supreme Dictator of All Duckies and Loathsome Foe of All Delicious Fried Ducky Consumers 🍗,
Unfortunately, we still haven’t heard that title, especially the last part. (I only read it 😸)
Also, we are extremely disgruntled, irked, and vexed by thy blatantly disgracious refusal to not smooch our…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
-
Power replied to the topic Romantic Subplot help? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Probably both! 😜
And now I shall take Bible verses out of context to prove my point. 👨⚖️
Deu 7:3 KJV Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
Jdg 14:16-17 EasyEnglish 16 Then Samson’s wife started to cry. She threw herself at…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you!! 😊😄
-
Esther replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@everyone
Ok guys, you have to check out this article.
It’s a guest post on @gracie-j ’s blog and it’s really good!! It kinda has to do with what we’re talking about… sort of… okay, I don’t know, but it’s really good anyway and y’all should read it! XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Right! You have similar themes, you just don’t press into the theme as directly.
Yeah, that’s a good way to put it.
Now I feel like I probably write more emotion than most of y’all here😂
Which is not a bad thing! You write them really well 😊 And I feel like your books, at least what I’ve read of them, focus m…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @whalekeeper @trailblazer
Y’all have made some really good points!! I like hearing all your thoughts on this topic. I honestly feel like there’s not a one-size-fits-all answer to the topics of preachiness and theme. They differ for each genre, each story, each author, and each plan God has for the authors and the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh my, Freedom has denounced Marvel… O.O Nooo way, I never thought I’d live to see the day.
Anywhoozies 😆
I am hesitant to do this, but I’m going to combat some of what you said 😅
First of all, I never said we shouldn’t communicate truths in our stories. What I actually said a bit ago was that it is impossible not to…[Read more]
- Load More
