Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hear ye! Hear ye! The Ducktator doth cometh, bearing greetings and pancakes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    The Ducktator
    @theducktator
      • Total Posts: 185

Greetings! Have some pancakes! I am The Ducktator, also known as Abigail, (or Abby, and a dozen or so aliases, but Abigail is the name on my birth certificate). I am the ruler of a vast ducktatorship consisting of hundreds of ducks, imaginary, rubber, stuffed, resin, and more! In addition to my duck governing duties, I am a homeschooled 15-year-old Christian writer. I love reading, dancing, (particularly ballet), birding, and writing. Some other things about me: I am a PK, (Pastor’s Kid), I love snow, I write people I don’t like into my novels, (because I am a writer, and I possess the amazing Power of the Pencil! *laughs maniacally*), and I am obsessed with ducks.

Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.

Beth Torres
      @beth-torres
        • Total Posts: 325

Idk if my last post showed… I don’t see it, so sorry if you get this twice! Lol

@theducktator

Hello! I’m Elizabeth! Can I have a pancake? I’m an 8th grader, homeschooling, I love cats and I write fantasy and sometimes I’ll write in the steampunk genre.

ITS NICE TO MEET YOU!

Here are some questions:

Would you own a fire breathing duck?

Who is your favorite book or movie character?

What is your favorite color?

I can’t think of anymore questions rn.

Welcome to KP!!!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Beth Torres.

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1423

@theducktator

Hello there, and welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’m called Koshka, a writer of middle-grade fantasy and spy-fi (if that’s a word), besides the occasional rambling poem. I was homeschooled as you’ll find most of us Keepers are.

(I have yet to write someone I didn’t like into a book, but I have seriously considered it)

Now for the Ask-The-Newbie-Questions!

1. If you could ride a dragon for a day, or own a horse for life, which would it be?

2. Do socks belong on chair feet?

3. What’s your current favorite author’s hair color?

4. and lastly but most importantly, Do you like jellybeans?

Once more, Welcome to the Kingdom!

*Hands you a bowl of raspberries*

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

The Ducktator
          @theducktator

@bethtorres
            Hi! *gestures to enormous pile of pancakes* Take one! Lemon yoghurt are my favorite! Yes, I would absolutely own a firebreathing duck! If our HOA didn’t have a rule against poultry, that is. My favorite book character changes a lot, but right now it is Kaladin Stormblessed, from the Stormlight Archive. My favorite colors are hot pink, other pink, and red. I love fantasy, but I don’t think I’ve heard of steampunk. What’s that genre like?

The Ducktator
            @theducktator

Oops, I got your tag wrong. @beth-torres

HighScribe
              @highscribeofaetherium
                • Total Posts: 2202

@theducktator

Hullo, Abigail! Nice to meet you (officially).

Oh, pancakes, thanks!

I’m Bridget, a Christian, homeschooled, ninth-grade writer. I like swords and knives waaaaaaay too much as proven by the fact that I was apparently babbling about them yesterday while feverishly sleepwalking (true story).

Questions!

What’s your favorite genre to read/write?

If you were going about your ordinary day, how many owls would you have to see before you started to wonder if something was wrong?

Aaaand… I can’t think of any other questions right now.

See you around!!

The glory of God is to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to seek things out. - Proverbs 25:2

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3198

@theducktator

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Abigail!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl! I’ve written fantasy and dystopian, but I have multiple story ideas in tons of other genres. Contemporary might be my favorite to write. (Ok, to be fair, this new WIP I’ve been brainstorming is “technically” historical, but it takes place in the ‘90s so I’m calling it contemporary XD)

Ducks are pretty cool! I know someone else who used to be obsessed with them XD

Now for some questions!! *helps myself to a pancake and an entire bottle of syrup*

1. What’s your current WIP about?

2. Who’s your favorite character you’ve ever written and why? What are they like?

3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

4. Least favorite and favorite foods?

Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!! 👋

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 2580

@theducktator

Hellooooo Abigail! (I have a sister named Abigail :P)

I am Whaley, lover of cartoons, superheroes, ramen (as you can see on my pic), and the color pink.

I have only one question for you that is truly important. Who do you think would win in a duck vs. chicken duel, to the roast?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

-GRCR-
                    @grcr
                      • Total Posts: 938

@theducktator

Hey there, Abigail! Welcome to KP! 😁

I’m -GRCR-! I’m a 15 year old human, fiction fantasy-ish writer, an avid artist, and a journalist for my fictional newspaper. I enjoy listening to music and imagining my characters singing the songs, lol.

Here’s a few random questions for you!!

If you have any characters, how many do you have?

What song will always remind you of last year?

And, if you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?

Hope you enjoy KP, and I’ll see you around! 🙃

“What be a cretin?”
                      “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Beth Torres
                      @beth-torres
                        • Total Posts: 325

@theducktator

My last post didn’t show either! AHHH!

AnYwAyS…

*takes five pancakes*

What would the name of this fire breathing duck be? Also, is it only fire proof on the inside or can the whole thing survive a fire? Like, feathers and all?

Let me attempt to explain steampunk…

It’s basically mid to late 1800s but with upgraded/kinda advanced technology… I hope that makes sense….

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

The Ducktator
                        @theducktator

@Koshka

I have a spy-fi too! (Technically, just the beginning of one, it doesn’t have much plot yet.) I would ride a dragon for a day, because owning a horse seems like a lot of work. Socks do belong on chair feet, though I usually call chair socks “footies”. Unfortunately, most of my favorite authors are dead, so I don’t know what their hair color was. Of the living ones, 1 is a brunette, 3 are blonde, 1 is redheaded, and one has grey hair. I have a lot of favorite authors. I love jellybeans! Just not the buttered popcorn ones. Those are weird. Thanks for the raspberries! *pours them on lemon yoghurt pancake*

The Ducktator
                          @theducktator

@beth-torres

His name would be Heliodor Firequacker and he is fully fireproof, feathers and all. No one could cook him! So, steampunk is like a cross between historical and sci-fi?

The Ducktator
                            @theducktator

@everyone who’s questions have not been answered

I will answer the rest of the questions later, as we only have 1 family computer, (and I have 5 siblings), and my mom needs it now.

hybridlore
                              @hybridlore
                                • Total Posts: 1354

@theducktator Hi, it’s nice to meet you! I’m also a homeschooled Christian 15-year-old writer 😅 I write YA science fiction and dystopian.

What’s your favorite book/series?

There is always light behind the clouds.
                                - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

The Ducktator
                                @theducktator

@highscribeofaetherium

This is my third time trying to post this. It vanished twice…a tragedy of the utmost tragediest. Anyway.

Hello!

[quote quote=177391] @theducktator I like swords and knives waaaaaaay too much as proven by the fact that I was apparently babbling about them yesterday while feverishly sleepwalking (true story). [/quote]

🤣

My favorite genres to read are fantasy, romance, and old books, though I also enjoy dystopian, sci-fi, spy-fi, historical, happy family, and books in general. My favorite genres to write are fantasy, romance, contemporary, dystopian, and happy family. (Happy family includes books like The Penderwicks, The Vanderbeekers, etc. I don’t know the actual name of that genre.)

I am ashamed to admit it, but it would probably take at least 5 owls before I wondered if something was wrong. Mostly, I would just be shouting that I saw a lifer (insert owl species), and screaming incoherently.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >