Romantic Subplot help?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Romantic Subplot help?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    PrincesaChronicle22
    @princesachronicle22
      • Total Posts: 759

@scoutfinch180

Maybe there’s some form of serfdom? Like the very rich who can afford the Vital subjugate the poor populations by creating superstructures out of it and forcing those who seek it’s shelter to work for them, threatened by being tossed to the elements if they disobey?

*Stokes chin thoughtfully*

Hmmm, yes, yes. That does make sense, and is in alignment with my imaginings.

And something even harder for the workers, is the task of farming specifically. So for whatever reason (I’ve come up with some justifications, like maybe they can use the acid as a power source somehow and need it for farming, but I need a more solid reason for this) the crops have to be grown outside the sheltered city, in these little protective tubes I’m thinking. And the farmers have to wear these protective suits made of Vital with giant brimmed hats. Buut even with the suits, people are still affected by the acid’s toxins over time, causing a disease I’m currently calling the Drizzle.

But there are a lot of details I still need to flesh out 😅

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
      And guess what? His is eternal (:

Power
      @power
        • Total Posts: 292

@princesachronicle22

Wait! So, when God said to be fruitful and multiply, he wasn’t only talking to the berry bushes and mathematicians?! 😋  Very well answered.

An idea for your story. Instead of your love interest being the gladiator, have him be a surgeon/medtech of the gladiators. A gladiator could “like” your main charie, and she thinks he’s a pretty decent gentlemen, until (DUN DUN DUN) she finds out that he’s actually a pretty spiteful dude (He could gladly injure one of his enemy  opponents majorly), and only wants her for her Vital creating abilities. When she says she’s done and doesn’t want anything to do with him, he (Being the big, strong, and mean gladiator) wont take it. . .

Then the Hero shows up!

All throughout the above mentioned exchange, you would also be introducing the nice, helpful, but not buff and showy medtech. He’s nice, but typically very busy trying to fix up and save the losers of gladiator battles. But, when the chip begin to fall, he steps in and tells the gladiator to leave the nice lass alone (even though Mr. Medtech knows that he’s probably getting in hot water.).

Anyhoo, take it or leave is. 🙂

You will love what you spend time with.

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22
          • Total Posts: 759

@power

Wait! So, when God said to be fruitful and multiply, he wasn’t only talking to the berry bushes and mathematicians?! 😋

😂

An idea for your story. Instead of your love interest being the gladiator, have him be a surgeon/medtech of the gladiators.

Okay, yeah! I do like that whole dynamic a lot, not sure if I’ll incorporate it or not, but thanks for the input!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
          And guess what? His is eternal (:

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >