-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay @overcomer @kate-flournoy @daeus @winter-rose @hope @jess … Heh… *looks around guiltily* Sorry I haven’t been around guys. I think it’s time to get back into it, though. Anybody want to have a go with me?
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@his-instrument Yeah, I know. I’ve only read one or two, and I always die really quickly -_- I’d love to read a novel in 2nd person done well, too. Sometimes authors talk to the readers (C.S. Lewis in the Chronicles of Narnia, Death in The Book Thief movie–not sure if it’s like that in the book though), but it’s not quite the same. 😛
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@his-instrument Yeah, I know. I’ve only read one or two, and I always die really quickly -_- I’d love to read a novel in 2nd person done well, too. Sometimes authors talk to the readers (C.S. Lewis in the Chronicles of Narnia, Death in The Book Theif movie–not sure if it’s like that in the book though), but it’s not quite the same. 😛
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh my word. I just finished. And there is only one coherent thought going through my mind: *puts on full body orange pajamas* *shoves candy in mouth* MORE!
Okay, I have a few other coherent thoughts 😛 I love what you did here. Wolfgang is so lovable I didn’t blame him for all the bomb stuff (even before I knew *Spoiler Alert* about what happened…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury Oh my goodness. I just started reading this (currently at part 5), and I am hooked. I love your style of writing! This is amazing.
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @kate-flournoy Huh. That sounds like such a good idea. I’m gonna try that tomorrow. 🙂
@kate-flournoy Yes! I think of many things in my own life as a story. I base characters off of my family members without realizing it, include pieces of dialog from our conversations. I’m gonna have to start carrying a notebook more often, though. I…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @Michael-Stanton @mark-kamibaya About the smiley faces, there are a thing I’ll point out. If someone is new, how can they end up helping people and yet they don’t have a lot of smiley faces?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Aw, Madam Blueberry! I love that one, and thanks to you, I’ll be singing the Thankful Heart song all day. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Definitely human. I feel that they can be more complex and rounded that way, not just an average badguy.
And about your lunch, that is hilarious! Although it’s probably not something I would do, it’s still funny. I’d probably say something snappy (hence Dragon Snapper). And yes, I did ask the question, and I can hardly write…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Definitely human. I feel that they can be more complex and rounded that way, not just an average badguy.
And about your lunch, that is hilarious! Although it’s probably not something I would do, it’s still funny. I’d probably say something snappy (hence Dragon Snapper). And yes, I did ask the question, and I can hardly write…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper What do you mean when you say you like the battles better than the morals/change? I’m kind of confused 😛
So some more writer mind stuff. I was researching the fitness programs for the military so I could see how much my characters would be able to take (by the way, thanks @hope for your amazing blog, specifically the Trampling…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’m afraid I haven’t had that problem, or whatever you want to call that. I really only talk to my stuff, and other people. My conversations are with my things. Its a good thing they never talk back, though, because that could get interesting.
@writefury Well, my writing is littered with it, though I can use a sentence every…[Read more]
-
ClaireC started the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Post your political views here! 🙂
-
ClaireC posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay, I love your profile picture! 🙂
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh my goodness. I have fire eyes. *grins*
@corissa-maiden-of-praise I haven’t asked my characters that in particular, but here’s a similar encounter I recorded from one of our conversations:
Me: Is there a specific thing you wanted to talk to me about?
Naomi: No, I’m just here for the sake of being annoying.
Me: I hate how much like…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@ethryndal
Greetings, elf. It is not often we meet one of the fair people. In fact, we’ve not had an elf for a millennia, not that I would know. I’m a dragonling, but not quite as big as Smaug and not as small as @kate-flournoy. No, I’m about the size of the average Night Fury (and that’s saying something, seeing as there is only one Night Fury)…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I read the Eragon series a few years ago, and I liked them. I liked most of the characters, although many were stereotypical.
@daeus That’s interesting. I never noticed what exactly made me want to keep reading the books before now.
@emma-flournoy Yeah, many of the characters were stereotypical (Arya, invincible female fighter with sad past,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya @Julia-r @corissa-maiden-of-praise Thanks guys! That was very helpful! 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury OH! OH! I remember!!! (well, maybe that’s because I started it.) What can I say: I’m a dragon.
Speaking of which, why do we as writers like fantasy and made up stuff so much? Is there any explanation for being magnetized towards that stuff. I find that I like it because of my sense of adventure. And maybe that’s just how I was raised.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Re-Introduction in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@writefury
Hiya! I’m one of those newer people. I haven’t been on here for six months, but I didn’t just hatch. So I’m that place in between where I’m neither old dragon nor egg. I’m a young dragon, looking to make my way as a writer. Some people find it impossible for dragons to write, but @kate-flournoy and I manage it pretty well. Don’t worry,…[Read more] - Load More
