-
Jean Coul replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
I think it’s by the Rick Riordan presents or whatever it’s called XD It’s a take on Mayan mythology, which I thought was pretty cool!!!
Chinese mythology would be awesome! I don’t know much about it, but I’d like to read a fantasy spin about it sometime!
PUFFINS!!!!! Yes!!!!
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Poems by Power in the forum Poetry 5 years, 2 months ago
Haven’t read the Green Ember series, but now I definitely want to!!! Those poems were pretty great!
The one about the ferret though XD I’d like to read more of them! Especially humorous ones!
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Introduction to Power number 2 in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
Aye!!! Another homeschooler! I’ve been homeschooling my whole life as well!
Hmm, you seem to have my problem! Planning out your entire series, family trees, every single quirk about your characters (even the background ones), and yet you stare at a page with a few sentences… Yeah, sorry. When you figure out the solution, you tell me…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
XD This was a great topic!!!
If you like Percy Jackson and the Olympians or similar books, you may find it quite interesting! <3
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
Hahaha!!!!! I think it’s brilliant!
Awww, your poor characters!!!! I want to read this story so much!
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic What trope is most common in your stories? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
Hahaha!!!!!! Yes! My favorite romance trope is opposites attract!!!
I’ve been trying to write more morally gray characters and secret identities bc I love mystery too!!! Also love anti-villain and anti-hero tropes!!!!!
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
Oh!!! Peacocks!!!!!!!
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
LOLLLL glad I could help!!!
The grasshoppers in your story sound awesome! I think that’s such a cool way to incorporate such an underrated creature!!!!!
And the garden scene would be hilarious!!!!! XD
I LOVE turtles!!!!! A turtle that keeps secrets…why have I never thought of that!? I may have to use that!
Duck…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic What trope is most common in your stories? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
HoW aM I sUPPosED To chOoSE?!?!?
I probably use too many tbh, and I haven’t really thought about it until rn… Anyhow!!!! I actually agree with what @joy-caroline said about the “found family” trope! I was thinking about it the onther day and realized that I think every story I’ve every written may have that trope XD And I totally…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Poems by Power in the forum Poetry 5 years, 2 months ago
…Woah, I don’t even know what to say.
These are amazing (HUGE understatement)!!!!! I’m no poet, but I like to dabble in poetry every once in a while! And when I do, I definitely enjoy it! It sounds like you really do! Is it bad to say I relate to the words you wrote a lot??? XD
Are you a poet?? Have you written anything else? If so,…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
Does anyone ever see many insects in books??
Like butterflies, ants, beetles, millipedes, caterpillars (I know they’re butterflies, but I never hear about them in this form either), grasshoppers, ladybugs, bees, etc…
I’ve heard dragonflies, spiders (technically not an insect), and lightning bugs getting tons of attention. Especially…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
Okay, correct me if I’m wrong, but does this example work??
A frog hopped onto the desk, right next to the ring. “Aww! He’s kinda cute!” the antagonist squealed. “Why would they send me such a harmless–” the frog swallows the dark ring, full of powerful magic that the villain had worked so hard to get his hands on for years….…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Wow, is anyone on here? in the forum Film 5 years, 2 months ago
Oh, sorry I haven’t been on here for a while!!!!
LOL yes!!! Story ranting is awesome! And characters are probably my favorite part of writing!!!!!!!!!
-
Jean Coul and
Anatra are now friends 5 years, 2 months ago -
Jean Coul replied to the topic Wow, is anyone on here? in the forum Film 5 years, 2 months ago
LOLLLL Thank you so much!!! I will totally let you read and critique it once I finish a few more scenes!
Heh, your dream movie sounds right up my alley! And yeah! That’s pretty much why I’m a panster!!! I’ll be writing a happy scene then all of a sudden one of the charries breaks down crying, “It was me! I was the one who killed your…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Wow, is anyone on here? in the forum Film 5 years, 2 months ago
Ha!!! Yeah, I don’t have an outline! I’m a panster so I don’t usually form an outline for a while! I personally have always liked fantasy and action shows and movies!!!! So the one I’m working on right now is like a twisted fairy tale kind of show! It follows four siblings–Goldilocks, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, and Red Riding Hood–The…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Wow, is anyone on here? in the forum Film 5 years, 2 months ago
After watching The Avengers, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and various other movies and TV shows, I’ve always been interested in making my own films!!! I’ve written a few scripts and short plays for school projects and have really enjoyed it! Sometimes when I need to work on dialogue for a book, I will write a script first so I can be…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Questions on drafts and beginnings… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
I do the same thing with my outline!!! My characters are even more random than me! XD
-
Jean Coul replied to the topic Your Villain gets transported into the “real world” in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
LOLLLL I definitely would steal my antagonist’s hat!!! It’s a pirate hat with a feather, jewels, and gold trimming so… even if I get slashed with a cutlass, it will totally be worth it! XD
Though I’m a little worried she might think the store is a stationary pirate ship with a TON of cargo! And she might challenge the manager to…[Read more]
-
Jean Coul and
Jodi Maile are now friends 5 years, 2 months ago - Load More
