non-typical critters for stories

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy non-typical critters for stories

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Elfwing
    @elfwing
      • Total Posts: 486

@hallie-jean

lol Yes mwahaha And one of my MCs is scared of heights… bad thing when you can turn into a dragon and are expected to fly… XD I am so cruel. Tbh I really don’t like grasshoppers but they’d made good giant rides lolol and if you take into account the good lawnmowers they are…

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Jean Coul
      @hallie-jean
        • Total Posts: 167

@elfwing

Hahaha!!!!! I think it’s brilliant!

Awww, your poor characters!!!! I want to read this story so much!

Proverbs 16:2

Elfwing
        @elfwing

@hallie-jean

haha!!

thanks!

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@hallie-jean Ah, no, actually! That sounds very fun, though! XD

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

Jean Coul
            @hallie-jean

@elfwing

XD This was a great topic!!!

@devastate-lasting

If you like Percy Jackson and the Olympians or similar books, you may find it quite interesting! <3

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting
                • Total Posts: 1700

@hallie-jean Ah, it’s been a long time since I’ve read Percy Jackson… It is by that new Riordan press, though, right? The one with all the mythology YA retellings?

To be honest, if I were to redo mythology, I’d do Chinese mythology, because that’s my personal favorite, heh.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                Would you mind letting me know
                If hours don't turn into days

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h
                  • Total Posts: 3875

I love lizards, so….Those might be too close to dragons though. I love creating half man, half animal species for my stories…..like centaurs with the bodies of dinosaurs instead of horses

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elfwing
                  @elfwing

@hallie-jean

thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it!!

@keilah-h

ah ok! I admit I’m not into the half man half animal kind… but that sounds cool!!

Lizard totally count!!

Daisy Torres
                    @daisy-torres
                      • Total Posts: 691

@elfwing Awww it sounds amazing XDD It actually sounds similar to how “mine” acted looolll XD

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Elfwing
                      @elfwing

@daisy-torres

aw cool!! What is yours called?

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 3875

@elfwing Like I said, lizards (and regular lizards—not dragons). But I don’t see a lot of regular birds, like puffins or flamingos or emus. Those would be cool.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elfwing
                          @elfwing

@keilah-h

Sorry I  had misread your reply

Yeah that is a great idea!! I love puffins

Jean Coul
                            @hallie-jean

@devastate-lasting

I think it’s by the Rick Riordan presents or whatever it’s called XD It’s a take on Mayan mythology, which I thought was pretty cool!!!

Chinese mythology would be awesome! I don’t know much about it, but I’d like to read a fantasy spin about it sometime!

@keilah-h

PUFFINS!!!!! Yes!!!!

Daisy Torres
                              @daisy-torres
                                • Total Posts: 691

@elfwing Naiya!! She has green and purple fur, with spikes on the side of her cheeks, and two tails XD She also has ssuuuper sharp claws. Other than that though, I tried to keep her close to a Ferret XD

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Elfwing
                                @elfwing

@daisy-torres

whoa!!! That is an epic name!! I like her already lol and the fantasy flares sound perfect hehe

mine… is pretty much normal  except…

um why don’t I just put his entrance in here lol

prresentingggg Lokee!!

Ross shifted uncomfortably, “Would you… like to go for a walk? I’ve heard from Teyina you like animals, and there’s some I’ve been wanting to know about.”

“Oh, I couldn’t possibly I’m much too-” Then Aztek  stopped, “Um, I don’t have anything planned for this afternoon, it looks like it’ll be sunny. How about then?”

Ross nodded, “Very well, after lunch, then?”

She nodded with a shy smile, then stood in silence, looking down at the ground.

“I see you have a ferret.” Ross said suddenly, gesturing to the animal.

“Oh, yes. It was much too small and a runt. It was raised in a litter by a Kleinig trader, he raised them then skins them to use for whatever fur people like. He’s a black ferret. I bought it, since they were going to kill it anyhow. He’s got a white patch of fur on his tummy, see? I brought it home and it’s letting me pet it now. He doesn’t have teeth.”

To Ross’ slight alarm, she opened the cage, and picked up the little ferret. It made a chattering noise and then cuddled up on her neck.

“His name is Lokee.”

“Ah. He’s a fine animal.” Ross said, this was true admiration, not flattery by any means. He watched Aztek gently fussing over the little creature and almost smiled at how tender she was as she talked quietly and scratched behind its ears. “See, Lokee? He said you’re fine!” she went red and cleared her throat, before she held Lokee out to him, “Here. Give him a cuddle!”

“S-Sure.”

aaaanyways that’s my ferret lol he’s not as impressive as Naiya but he’s got spunk as is later revealed in the novel  😂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >