Wow, is anyone on here?

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Wow, is anyone on here?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hobbitchild
    @hobbitchild
      • Total Posts: 32

It looks like the last new topic was published two years ago…

So, what kinds of filmmaking does everyone do? What kinds of films would you like to make in the future?

Some advice: making a documentary is so fun. You should try it! I made one last year on a theatre camp I had the privilege to be a part of. It was very cool to model my work after a tv show, such as fading a black screen into various parts of the video, making it look like it was time for a commercial break.

Jean Coul
      @hallie-jean
        • Total Posts: 167

@hobbitchild

I can see this is from a long time ago, so I have no idea if you’ll see this!!! But, hi!!!!!! I’m here! A little late to the party, but recently I’ve been interested in making my own TV show and possibly posting it on YouTube.

A documentary sounds cool! I’m not a huge fan of documentaries, but one about a theatre camp sounds pretty awesome!!!!

What other films have you made or been wanting to make??

Proverbs 16:2

Jodi Maile
        @jodi-maile
          • Total Posts: 138

@hobbitchild @hallie-jean Hellooo, everyone! I actually have been interested in doing screenwriting for a while now, so I guess that counts as being interested in filmmaking. I have yet to actually write a script, but I’m devoting my summer to learning more about screenwriting/filmmaking so I have a clearer idea of where to start. I love movies–they’re like one of the main reasons I still write to this day, because they’re my main source of new stories. I still like books, of course, but all the aspects that go into filmmaking really inspire me these days.

Jean Coul
          @hallie-jean

@jodi-maile

After watching The AvengersLord of the RingsStar Wars, and various other movies and TV shows, I’ve always been interested in making my own films!!! I’ve written a few scripts and short plays for school projects and have really enjoyed it! Sometimes when I need to work on dialogue for a book, I will write a script first so I can better manage the conversations! Then you can go back and add narrative and description!

I’m currently messing around with a script I just came up with for a TV show that has been in the back of my mind for a while!

Jodi Maile
            @jodi-maile

@hallie-jean That is so cool! Yes, The Avengers and The Lord of the Rings have also inspired me haha. And a TV show?? That’s awesome! I have a couple ideas for films/TV shows but haven’t gotten around to really outlining them yet.

Jean Coul
              @hallie-jean

@jodi-maile

Ha!!! Yeah, I don’t have an outline! I’m a panster so I don’t usually form an outline for a while! I personally have always liked fantasy and action shows and movies!!!! So the one I’m working on right now is like a twisted fairy tale kind of show! It follows four siblings–Goldilocks, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, and Red Riding Hood–The Hoods. I have my sister and another friend kind of helping me plan it. I’m kinda excited cause I’ve always thought films were cool but for some reason I’ve never really tried to write one until now!

What would your dream film be about??

Jodi Maile
                @jodi-maile

@hallie-jean

That. Is. So. Cool!!! I want to watch that show right now! If you ever need someone to beta that script…I’ll be here XD

I also love fantasy and action, and I love legal thrillers/spy movies. Ooh, my dream film might be a fantasy quest/spy/war mashup (yeah…that’s pretty vague. It made more sense in my head). I’m a pantser too, because I ultimately get bored with my stories if I outline too much haha

Jean Coul
                  @hallie-jean

@jodi-maile

LOLLLL Thank you so much!!! I will totally let you read and critique it once I finish a few more scenes!

Heh, your dream movie sounds right up my alley! And yeah! That’s pretty much why I’m a panster!!! I’ll be writing a happy scene then all of a sudden one of the charries breaks down crying, “It was me! I was the one who killed your father!” Then not just all my characters are surprised, but I as well cause I had no idea until that moment either! XD

I have another story I kind of messed around with and just wrote for fun a while back. It was kind of a dark fantasy about descendants of scary characters like It and the Grim Reaper. I thought it was kind of cool, especially since I had no outline, just very interesting characters that drove the story.

I’m totally here if you need suggestions or advice about a film or something!!! Feel free to share any ideas! Or just rant about your film! I love ranting about stories XD

Jodi Maile
                    @jodi-maile

@hallie-jean

Yay! I love reading new things XD

Haha yes! I love the unexpected moments where your characters just come to life on the page. And thank you! Story rants are so fun

Jean Coul
                      @hallie-jean

@jodi-maile

Oh, sorry I haven’t been on here for a while!!!!

LOL yes!!! Story ranting is awesome! And characters are probably my favorite part of writing!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >