Introduction to Power number 2

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introduction to Power number 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Power
    @power
      • Total Posts: 292

So since my first try at this got mark as spam (I didn’t taste it to find out if it were true) I’m trying again,

Greetings, I am Power (a.k.a. The Black Mongoose). I was homeschool all my life and am going to be attending a community college in the fall. I enjoy studying old weapons, how they work, and the strategies behind how they were used in battle. Some of my favorite books are The Green Ember Series, Wingfeather Saga, and The Chronicles of Narnia. I’ve been planning a group of books I might call The Miska Chronicles (a fantasy world of animals, and no, it’s not related to Mistmantle). My problem is that I’m a planner and teller, but not a writer. I could give you the names of all of the kings and queens of Miska for the past 300 year’s (12 generations), but probably have less than 1,000 words in story form. But to get to the more important things, I like pineapple on my pizza, but it has to be the right kind of pizza for pineapple. Hope all y’all have a blessed day and that your socks will be holeless.

You will love what you spend time with.

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@power Heya! Welcome to the Kingdom!

Wow, your hobbies all sound quite interesting! As well as your projects! And you answered my question about pineapples and pizza before I could ask it. What are you, psychic?

Anyways, hope you find some encouragement here to start writing your books, because they sound absolutely epic!

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Power
        @power

Not psychic, just a stalker. 😎 And no I’m not going to tell a secret or say lol. Oops 😬 just did. 🤐

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Power.

Power
          @power

g

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Power.

ella
            @nova21
              • Total Posts: 604

@power

Haha!  Pineapple on pizza is the best.

what we do in life echoes in eternity
              -gladiator, 2000

Daisy Torres
              @daisy-torres
                • Total Posts: 691

@power yuuusss a fellow pineapple-on-pizza-er. And homeschooler XD I’ve been homeschooled ever since I was no longer a baby–

Hi!! My name is not Daisy Torres (no knows what it is *shrug* I forgot when I fell and hit my head sometime during my last supposed epic battle with a troll King)

I am exactly opposite. I love once I’ve actually planned things out, but when I’m in the planning stages, everything is a mess and I just know there’s a major plot hole that I’m missing, but I don’t know what it is. I do, however, love showing. Your writing style sounds similar to Tolkien though!

Heeey, my socks were hole-less today! Thanks XD (I mean, it may help that I didn’t wear any, but we’ll say it counts anyway…)

This inspires a question. If you aren’t wearing socks, does that mean you’re wearing a hole?

Your story sounds pretty epic!! If you ever publish/need a reader, let me know!

I started the Green Ember series and liked it, but got distracted with my own writing and never went back to it. I need to go back some day. Narnia is the beeeesssttt!! The Wingfeather is on my tbr list though.

It’s great to have you join us!! Welcome on board!

*hands you a piece of German Chocolate Cake* I’m assuming you like good food, so here you go-

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Ariel
                @ariel-f
                  • Total Posts: 50

@power

Hey Power! Welcome to KP!

I also love old weapons, mostly ones of the medieval era (although I haven’t looked into battle strategies!). Your WIP sounds cool, fantasy animals have always intrigued me, especially their roots, like where and how the legends originated.

If you’re having trouble writing, this is defiantly the place to be!

Anatra
                  @anatra23
                    • Total Posts: 211

@power

Oh my goodness, first, welcome, Power. Glad ur here. take some macaroons. enjoy.

second,

You justl isted like, THREE OF MY FAVORITE BOOK SERIES. WIngfeather Saga is incredible. Especially for Andrew Peterson’s first book series. I don’t even care the age demographic it was listed for. Narnia will always hold a very special place in my heart, since it was a few of the books to get me started writing.

I find that if I tell others about my book, I loose interest. I can verbally tell stories okay-ish, but once they’re out, it’s like my brain has leave to now forget them permanently. So I try and keep most of my WIP written, not told.

I appreciate the thought, but my socks are too far gone.

Case ya couldn’t already tell, yea I’m homeschooled too.

edit: (Lol looking back, just try and ignore my terrible spelling/grammar)

Jean Coul
                    @hallie-jean
                      • Total Posts: 167

@power

Aye!!! Another homeschooler! I’ve been homeschooling my whole life as well!

Hmm, you seem to have my problem! Planning out your entire series, family trees, every single quirk about your characters (even the background ones), and yet you stare at a page with a few sentences… Yeah, sorry. When you figure out the solution, you tell me XD

Hey, my names Hallie! My favorite books series are Keeper of the Lost Cities and Percy Jackson and the Olmpians! I’ve only read the first few books of Narnia, but definitely enjoyed them! I’ve heard of the other series you mentioned and plan on checking them out in the future. And pineapple on pizza is yes for me!!!

Anyhow, my best advice is to just keep pushing (I know everyone says this but it’s actually true) Just get the story out, then go back and write real words later. Practice showing vs. telling with things in the room you’re in. Pick and object and describe how it feels, what it does, how you feel or think about it, etc. It’s hard, but if you can get the hang of it, it pays off!

The stuff you said about weapons sounds cool! It’d be nice to know about the weapons you’re writing about in books.

Well, hope you enjoy being part of the community!!!

Proverbs 16:2

Power
                      @power

@daisy-torres Technically all socks have holes, if they didn’t you couldn’t get your feet into them (so perhaps hoping for everyone’s socks to be holeless isn’t as good an idea as first I thought. Or maybe it’s better! *evil snicker*)

@ariel-f
                        If you would like to look into military b strategy you might want to look at The Art of War by Sun Tzu. If I’m correct, it’s still used at West Point.

Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres
                          • Total Posts: 691

@power *gasp* mind-blowing. Well then, I guess here’s hoping that your socks will always remain either hole-less or sewed shut, depending on your preference XD

@ariel-f
                          Yess, I definitely agree with reading The Art of War. You can find the audiobook on YouTube if you like!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Natalie C.
                          @nanisnook
                            • Total Posts: 154

@power
                            Hi! I’m Natalie. I love Green Ember and The Wingfeather Saga! I cry every time I finish them. I admit it. (Narnia is awesome, too, but I haven’t read it in a while.)

I am homeschooled, although I’ll be taking some duel-credit classes at a local college this year. I do not like pineapple on pizza, and I rarely wear socks. And I’m horrible at planning, like, a complete disaster. But I like old weapons! And history (especially the medieval era) fascinates me.

Welcome to the forum! See you around!

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Ariel
                            @ariel-f
                              • Total Posts: 50

@power @daisy-torres

Thanks! My WIP has quite a few battles.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Ariel.
                              Kathleen
                              @kathleenramm
                                • Total Posts: 635

@power

Welcome to KP! It’s awesome to meet your acquaintance.

I’m right with you with being a planner writer than a writer writer. Like, I set out to write 1,000 words that day and end up daydreaming about my character’s far too complex backstory, internal demons, and the deep meaning behind their name. XD It’s something I’m working on haha.

What’s the premise of The Miska Chronicles?

I too love The Chronicles of Narnia, have heard a lot about The Green Ember Series, and I’m in the middle reading The Wingfeather Saga right now! (Along with million other books). What’s your favorite thing about The Wingfeather Saga and who’s your favorite character?

Thank you for the well wishes for holeless socks! In turn I wish you holeless hats as they are quite a unfortunate predicament to be in particularly when it’s raining or when you are trying to hide from your enemies. Sadly, I have first hand experience with both of these situations.

Again, great to have you on the forum! Hope to see you around!

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 3875

@power Welcome! I’m Keilah. I LOVE Narnia and The Wingfeather Saga!

A few questions:

• What’s your favorite animal? Mine are dogs, cats, lizards, dolphins, and dragons! (if dragons count)
                                  • Do you like to draw? I LOVE to!
                                  • What are your favorite movies and shows? Have you written any fanfictions? (I only ask that because 90% of my stories are fanfics…..)
                                  • What’s your series about? It sound really cool! Are the animals regular talking animals or animals like in the movies Sing and Zootopia which stand on two legs and wear clothes? (I’m thinking more along the lines of Narnia’s talking animals, but I can’t read your mind, so….) There’s a third idea that I use, but from what you talk about it I don’t think that’s what your doing: human characters with the ears/tails/maybe fur, feathers or scales of animals. I do those all the time, so I just wanted to ask!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >