-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago

Here’s my other pic. I had to put them on separately.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago

Incomplete sketch. Mouth is only half open.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Aurrgh!! It ate my response three times!!
Oh I love birds of prey! Those are some long wing and life spans. Does the fact that they mourn tie in with the book any?
Are your Ailurids animals or something like the cloven of Wingfeather? Can they and if they are animals, can they think (like people)?
@anyway
Here is…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's an unexpected benefit you got from writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Writing has helped me think in words, to put my thoughts in a written format. But that may be expected. What I didn’t expect was a love for editing.
Yes, editing. Fixing mistakes, taking my horrid words and forming something beautiful. Sadly, I rarely have enough written to reform, and what I do have usually needs complete revision. *Sighs,…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
A book series that hasn’t aged well for me is the Enola Holmes series. I have three siblings and all of them girls, also our mother has been a voracious reader for about her entire life, so a lot of the literally I’ve been introduced to was written for girls ( The American Girls book, Little Women, the Little House on the Prairie series, the Ann…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic dealing with overloads of stress :)) in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
I recently exited a season of stress, and even though I’m a loosely-scheduled homeschooler, I know what that’s like mentally.
XD I prolly dealt with it in a somewhat wrong way (more time with friends, and more comfort food than usual) but as soon as I let myself restÂ
maybe cry and very much vent emotionsI simply leaned on Jesus. That…[Read more] -
Anatra replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh my goodness, my brother got me to do the same thing. Just with a different anime. It’s called Jujutsu Kaisen, it’s also rated R, but he didn’t bother to tell me that. And he had me watch it. Alone. But it’s fine, the violence isn’t so bad. It was one of those shows that had the right amount of charming humor and a great…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
That sounds fun. My mom is Texan and she and some of my siblings always enjoyed those types of movies. If you ever visit, be prepared to be assaulted with Chuck Norris memes 😉
Oh, yea that makes sense. It’s kind of sad. I can’t imagine someone forcing me to take my beloved characters and turn their lives against…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
I used to read the American Girl books. I didn’t like them all that much, and kind of thought of them as discount–Laura Ingles Wilder books. But I was also strongly against historical fiction, so it made sense I didn’t like it.
What’s Fort Apache?
Yea, I agree I like Amy with Laurie, I think it tied the…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Oh, is that like a sequel to Anne of Green Gables?
Somewhat random fact: a woman in my mother’s Sunday School group believes heartily that L. M. Montgomery married Gilbert and Anne because that’s how she wanted Jo and Laurie toe end up in Little Women by L. M. Alcott. It makes perfect sense tho. Anne and Gilbert are (at least in my…[Read more] -
Anatra replied to the topic What's a book that hasn't aged well for you? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Oof, yea, so to tell the truth, I’m usually blinded by childhood nostalgia when I read books that I had read a while ago.
But recently, my sis and I picked up some old and beloved books, and read them again. Just a small series of short stories, novellas, I think. And boy were they predictable. I was informed abt the ending (cuz I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you! It’s alright, life is hard enough to keep up with. 😉
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Have you ever heard of Simon Khorolskiy? If you like good Russian worship music most of what I’ve heard of his I recommend.
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Is there any particular wolf biography you would recommend? Wolves are such beautiful creatures, it is sad when they are usually viewed as evil. That was one reason I wanted to write about them. This does help with the theme for this series; it doesn’t matter who you are, what you had done, or where you’ve been, you choose what heart…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
This is all first draft, so… you know. Feedback more than welcome.
Note: The epilogue takes place in a world war almost a thousand years later.
Prologue
The sun was sinking, weary with winter. Moonlight was already dancing with the falling snow. A lonesome voice joined winds in song, then fell away. The stars hid, buried deep in…[Read more] -
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Oh, and I’m thrilled you are using 9th century Russia! Most goof Medieval fantasy I’ve read is based in later centuries when there is so much left in earlier times.
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Um, I’m not sure what you mean by biographies, but I don’t think so. Most of what I know has come from old textbooks, pictures, and conversations. Most of the fictional books I’ve read that include some type of wolf usually equate them with something bad. Or maybe I just haven’t read many books with wolf characters.
Thank you! I try…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I love this series and especially the end. Although I was shocked when I got to it, I love the way it was written.
I wouldn’t want it to end any other way. It was meant to shake you, to make you stop and think.
It’s powerful. It’s a message. It is hope.
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Привет! I am commenting on here as it wouldn’t let me reply to you on the activity-feed-thing.
My brother’s writing is amazing (Don’t Tell him I said that)!
Thank you! I love my wolves and themes too. (Otherwise why would I like talking about them so much?)
My favorite theme to write? Ooo, I suppose that ‘ matter what you’ve done,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
You’re welcome ;). I usually forget my character’s misbelief, so…
- Load More
