-
Koshka replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
@joy-caroline  @elishavet-pidyon
Both of y’all’s books sound amazing! (Yes I’ve been stalking this topic =] ) I hope they get published soon so I can read them.
I’m not writing an allegory in particular, but simply portraying truths in a different way. (Or is that what a parable is?) However, I keep running into rough spots. Here’s one.
- …
-
Koshka replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
There were probably more, but I’ve forgotten them😅. Anyway, I absolutely love reading, and I devour new books anytime I can get them.
You sound like my older siblings. XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Only four books? That’s so sad, but I completely understand. I haven’t read as much this year as I would have liked.
The Secret Garden is definitely one of my all-time favorites.
Eeeek! I shall try my best to recall. (These are only first timers, and I didn’t look up any of these titles, so if I mess something up… Oh well.) No particular…[Read more]
-
Anatra and
Ava Coulter are now friends 4 years, 9 months ago -
Anatra replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
NWH Is so amazing! Ugh, I could quote it for hours. Even though some of the plot and characters felt like fan fiction, I really enjoyed it!
I went for the first time on the twentieth with some friends, then again on the twenty-eighth with my family and some family friends. But the second time I kinda fell asleep in the second half.…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Little Bit of Everything in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Exactly! XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Little Bit of Everything in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
I hope so… =/
Thanks, and your welcome! I probably talk about my books waayyy too much. XD
-
Anatra replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
I get that. I do like how they round off most characters so perfectly *cough*
Black Widow Winter Soldier Captain AmericaÂShang ChiHave you seen Shang Chi yet?ÂDoctor StrangeSpider–Man many moreThat’s cool. Do you think you’ll end up playing in your church?
I was taught by my mom when I was four to six, then I was bounced around b…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Little Bit of Everything in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Thank you! Sometimes it feels like I’ll never get my books written and ready.
The first two in the series are set in a medieval time period, while the last is sort of World War/War on Terror time. I am using animal characters (sort of like Green Ember or Redwall) only I’m writing it for an older audience (Of course, the books…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Little Bit of Everything in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Hello, and welcome to KP! (Sorry for the belatedness of this welcome.) I am Koshka, or at least that’s what I’m called around here. I have two major WIPs at this point. One is a non-magical medieval-fantasy trilogy which has gained my central focus. I’m hoping to be able to aventually publish it. The other is a historical fiction…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Blenders are wonderful, if you find a type you like. They aren’t necessary, like any other tool.
That’s the best reason to draw! If you do it enough you’ll develop a lot of skill in whatever way you like. IÂ didn’t have much skill at all, untill about 13-14.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Ah, ok. I love talking about my books too much (my dear twin ends up having to listen to my ramblings most of the time), so I try to be careful with what I start, if that makes any sense.
To be honest, I don’t know much about sci-fi. The most I’ve actually read in that genre was Thorny Twins, and that was a long time ago, when I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
It is interesting though. Everyone’s imagination is influenced by real life, so each view is unique. Or at least, that sounds right to me… Oh well.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Exactly. Or go through and explain all the types and shadows. Which is hard to do without spoiling anything. *Sigh*
Well, the book said it was a hawk, but it never said what type. Later, when it described him is used ‘reddish’. So this is the type I saw. =)

-
Anatra replied to the topic Heyyy in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Oh, no. Iron Man’s fine. I used to have this idea where he was an arrogant someone (who’s self-centered and covers it with sarcasm). My best friend and brother really like his character, and convinced me otherwise a coupe years back. I for sure see why–after the development arc he’s been through. I can respect him as a top-tier…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic A Little Bit of Everything in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Cool! Those stories sound interesting. I’ve never been brave enough to try to write something romance XD It’s always so intimidating to me.Â
emotions are strangeI don’t meet many people who write non-fiction, is it based on a story? Personal experience? Historical events?
I currently have a fantasy WIP that I’ve built a series…[Read more]
-
Power's profile was updated 4 years, 9 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Ah yes, most people look at one a little strange if we start talking about stones which change people into animals, especially if one emphasizes the fact it’s by a Christian. XD
That’s interesting. I always saw Artham’s wings reddish, like a red hawk.
-
Power replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Wow! You spent a lot of time drawing those. Good job! The second one in particular is well done. The human eye tends to like threes.
I would recommend having your characters in the second cover that are wearing armor to also wear helmets (or at least holding helmets). The helmet isn’t used very often in movies or pictures…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Thanks!
The colors in the second seem to fit with the word Ice, but so does the first in a darker way. The first might have better placement for English speakers. (Our eyes tend to start at the top left corner of a page). What is the general theme of your book, if it doesn’t spoil anything?
Good, that’s what…[Read more]
- Load More
