A Little Bit of Everything

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE A Little Bit of Everything

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Autumn Rebecca
    @autumn-rebecca
      • Total Posts: 57

Thank you! I’m still in the plotting-building stage, but I think I like how it’s going.

That can be a fun stage! Unfortunately, I get stuck in it a lot…

I haven’t read beyond his Arethtrae series, but what I’ve read of his is good. We really like the Knights of Arethtrae.

Good to know! Thank you for sharing!

Bagpipes can sound sad…and warlike.

That is true. I didn’t think of that.

Hmm, Geechee sounds interesting; I’ve never heard of it. Why do you like it?

I lived in the Charleston area for roughly 6½ years, and Geechee, from my understanding, used to be quite prevalent there. With that, I have been intrigued by Charleston history in the past. I heard somebody speak it before… It was quite interesting! They were very hard to understand, though. 😂 It isn’t that it is a different language per se, but it it is something along those lines. It would be sad to see it completely die out.

Do you LIKE to wear shoes indoors? XD I don’t mind too much, but my feet get smothered. 😉

I like to wear shoes more than the average Joe, so it isn’t that I like wearing them inside… It just happens. 🤣

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Autumn Rebecca
      @autumn-rebecca

@koshka

That sounds exciting! I haven’t read fantasy before, but I have wondered if I would enjoy the genre. I wish you luck on the publishing process! If you would like to say, what is about?

What is your favorite thing about writing?

The opportunity to shine light into the darkest corners of people’s lives.

What has been your favorite character to ever write?

Probably Milly, a character in one of my flash fiction stories. She is a five-year-old girl whose parents lost their lightheartedness. In search for answers, she allows her curiosity to lead her into the woods where a wise, old owl resides.

What do you think about jellybeans?

They are delicious! Some of them, anyway. Lol.

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Elishavet Pidyon
        @elishavet-pidyon
          • Total Posts: 1014

@autumn-rebecca

Yeah, this stage doesn’t want to end. There’s so much to sort out!

Welcome! If you want to know about anything particular about his books, I’d be glad to help, if I can. 🙂

Did you know that at one time the English banned bagpipes as weapons of war? The Scotts used them like battle horns, and according to records, the bagpipe’s churling it blended with battle splendidly.

(Sorry, I like random historical facts.)

It is sad when old languages disappear. It seems like the culture dies with it.

Shoes are nice, and when I want to be decent, they’re a bit necessary. I just like going bare foot when I can. 😉 Most of the time I just happen to have forgotten them. However, I just have to wear shoes if in a public place.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Autumn Rebecca
          @autumn-rebecca

@elishavet-pidyon

I will keep that in mind! 🙂 I also didn’t know that about the bagpipes! That is an interesting historical fact.

That makes total sense. There’s something freeing about bare feet. Lol.

Elishavet Pidyon
            @elishavet-pidyon
              • Total Posts: 1014

@autumn-rebecca

Exactly. 😉

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
              @koshka
                • Total Posts: 1428

@autumn-rebecca

Thank you! Sometimes it feels like I’ll never get my books written and ready.

The first two in the series are set in a medieval time period, while the last is sort of World War/War on Terror time. I am using animal characters (sort of like Green Ember or Redwall) only I’m writing it for an older audience (Of course, the books would be fine for a child to read, they’re just not written for them).

Heart of Gold Heart of Stone (book 1) Ezekiel 36:26

Through a rash idea, wolf brothers Zlatan and Vulkasin are thrown into the military a year early, and as the kingdom edges closer to civil war, Zlatan, far from everything and anyone he has ever known, finds himself a guard of a place of pain and fear. Vulkasin, facing corruption and lies at every turn, might get his greatest dream. But it may cost him his life. Or worse.

Themes: It doesn’t matter who you are, or what you’ve done, you are savable and loved. AND To him which knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Fox of Cypress Fox of Pine (book 2) Luke ?:?

Freedom. A land of their own. The poets have somehow kept the hope alive. Soon, the dawn must come. But the night is dark.

Wilkins, a fox soldier/resistance fighter, and Spion, a fox spy, end up in the same prison camp. Soon they are no longer just struggling to survive, but now it’s a battle for the soul. And one of them is loosing.

Themes: Righteous anger, Bitterness, Persecution. Hopelessness. Spiritual wickedness in high places.

Land of Shelter Land of Storm (book 3) Jude 1:23 Mathew 10:31

I still haven’t plotted out this book.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Autumn Rebecca
                @autumn-rebecca

@koshka

Oh, man. I completely understand that feeling. It’s not fun at all! I’m sorry about that. You’ve got this, though!

Those books sound quite intriguing!! It sounds like an adventure, for sure. Thank you for sharing!

Koshka
                  @koshka

@autumn-rebecca

I hope so… =/

Thanks, and your welcome! I probably talk about my books waayyy too much. XD

Autumn Rebecca
                    @autumn-rebecca

@koshka

Nah, probably not. Books are precious. We authors need to caress the sweet little things. ;P 🤣

Koshka
                      @koshka

@autumn-rebecca

Exactly! XD

Ava Coulter
                        @avacoulter
                          • Total Posts: 50

@autumn-rebecca

Hello and welcome to KP!

Also, sorry this is kinda (more like really) late XD

My name is Ava and I write mostly sci-fi/dystopian stuff, but I also write a little fantasy and poetry at times. 🙂

That’s cool that you write non-fiction too! I’ve never been brave enough to actually write it, although I enjoy reading it.

I guess most of the good questions have already been asked, but…

– Do you like licorish, yes or no? I personally don’t care for it, but I would eat it if I had to.

– What’s your favorite time period to read about in historical fiction?

– Sneakers or high heels?

– What is one of your favorite characters (of your own)?

– Any book recs?

Nice to meet you Autumn! Cya around on the forums!

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Autumn Rebecca
                          @autumn-rebecca

@avacoulter

Hello, Ava! I love your name. 😊

I’m not quite sure what dystopian is, but I know the others! That’s very neat! I have found myself more attached to poetry here lately. Even if I’m not very good at it, it’s a beautiful way to use words! I do believe non-fiction is harder, though. It’s hard to get the words to run together smoothly. 😂

To answer your questions:

Do you like licorish, yes or no? I personally don’t care for it, but I would eat it if I had to.

No, I’m not a huge fan of it myself.

What’s your favorite time period to read about in historical fiction?

Ooh… I lean towards the 1800s, but I’m not picky at all! As long as the book is good, I’m happy. Lol.

Sneakers or high heels?

Cowgirl boots. 😂 Otherwise, definitely sneakers. The time I wore heels was when I was really young. I don’t dislike them or anything, I just go toward the others first.

What is one of your favorite characters (of your own)?

Either a curious five-year-old named Milly or the old grandmother (Gran) from my first attempt at a 50,000 word novel. I didn’t make it by a long shot, but it was a fun experiment! That story still haunts me, beckoning me back. I have to keep reminding myself that the story is a huge mess of plot holes and horrible character arcs.

Any book recs?

Oh, yes! I have a list!

• Starring Me by Krista McGee (a story about a girl with a great passion for acting and a heart in need of Jesus)
                            • The Hope of Azure Springs by Rachel Fordham (this. book. is. amazing! I don’t read very many books twice, but I did with this one! And I want to read it a third time to my best friend. It’s about a girl looking for her sister and healing.)
                            • A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham (a tale about moving beyond our pasts and stepping into new futures)
                            • Whose Waves These Are by Amanda Dykes (a beautiful, but emotion-packed story with an engraved theme of: For such a time as this.)

Amanda Dykes has such a poetic approach to her writing. You may appreciate it! If are looking for two free Kindle reads, I also recommend two of her short stories. They were free last time I checked, anyway.

• Tin Can Serenade (yee! It’s so cute!!)
                            • Bespoke: a Tiny Christmas Tale (once again, she gave her writing a charming poetic tone of voice)

This message is really long… Sorry about that…

Ava Coulter
                            @avacoulter

@autumn-rebecca

*Waves* Aww thank you! I like yours too! 🙂

Basically, a dystopia is the opposite of a utopia. So usually, a dystopian story is set in the future usually with a corrupt government, futuristic stuff, and some kind of disease or war that like makes things…messy XD. Like, an apocalypse sorta idk.

It really is! I’ve written a little bit of poetry, but it’s not very good, and not really something I would show to anyone. Just kinda a way to process my thoughts, I guess.

Oh for sure haha!

Yaa I have to agree with you about the licorish XD

Oh cool! Ya, I pretty much read anything I can get my hands on lol. I do really like the Medieval Times tho.

Haha nice! I gotta say sneakers…or barefoot, that works too XDD

Heh, your first attempt sounds an awful lot like mine…*groans* It sounds intriguing tho!!

Awesome thanks! Ooo those all look SO good lol! I’ll have to check em’ out 😉

Oh, ever worry about length with me. *cough* (says the girl who can’t for the life of her write a proper blurb cuz she has so much trouble summarizing XD)

What’s your favorite thing about writing, and when did you start doing it?

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

Autumn Rebecca
                              @autumn-rebecca

@avacoulter

That sounds quite interesting! And with the poetry… We all need a way to process our emotions. I use it the same. Then again, I do that in all of my writing.

Oh cool! Ya, I pretty much read anything I can get my hands on lol. I do really like the Medieval Times tho.

That makes sense.

Heh, your first attempt sounds an awful lot like mine…*groans* It sounds intriguing tho!!

Thank you! First attempts have the tendency to do that. 😂 It’s not a bad thing, though. It teaches us a lot along the way.

Oh, ever worry about length with me. *cough* (says the girl who can’t for the life of her write a proper blurb cuz she has so much trouble summarizing XD)

Lol. Alrighty then!

What’s your favorite thing about writing, and when did you start doing it?

The first story I ever attempted was a horror. For anybody that knows me, that was incredibly out of character. I am not into scary stuff. However, going me wanted to write something scary. (I wanted my older sister to like it, and I knew that she loved horror.) I guess it ended up being alright for a 9 to 11 year old. 😂 But from then on, I wrote flash fiction stories for my younger siblings. All of them (except for the aforementioned horror) had morals about them. To this day, I still interlace morals into my writing. That’s probably my favorite thing about it. If God allows, I get to be used to shine a light to other people. You could call it the lighthouse effect. Beckoning the lost to find hope and restoration. I also can process my emotions better.

However, actually pursuing the art of writing… Roughly a year or two. When did you start writing? What is your favorite part?

Ava Coulter
                                @avacoulter

@autumn-rebecca

Thank you! Yes, that’s very true!

Of course! Lol, agreed! So true…it’s interesting to see what each project teaches me. I’ve learned so much through writing (and not just about the writing process and prose and such, but also life and about God’s heart. It’s been pretty cool!) in such a short amount of time.

Haha that’s awesome!!

When did you start writing?

Well, I’ve always loved storytelling and ever since I could read, I’ve practically devoured every book I could find XD. I used to write little stories and “publish” them and make covers for them via crayons, staples, and whatever art medium I could find XD. One story I wrote was about a grain of rice and a grain of couscous who became best friends 😂 (Ok, don’t even ask. I was like 6 at the time.) Lol, anyways over time I wrote (let’s just say…better plots than the rice story XD) more stuff. I’ve always wanted to be an author, but I never really took it seriously if you know what I mean. I wrote a lot of poetry for a season, but nothing else. Then it was this fall that a writer friend of mine started a blog and I was like, “Hey, I want to do that.” I just never really considered the possibility of writing seriously and starting a platform now. I thought being an author was something you do when you’re old. (Haha idk why I thought that, but…) AnYwAyS, long story short, I started writing more seriously, got myself a group of beta readers, and joined KP. So, I’m pretty new to the writing world, but it’s been such a cool journey so far.

Wow, my summary skills are as sharp as ever today XD

What is your favorite part?

I gotta say the characters (i.e., writing them, developing them, etc.) Characters are just the heart of the story, ya know? It’s also really fun to find their unique character voices and write them.

What about you?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >