-
Kads replied to the topic First Thing You Wrote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@gracie-j @joy-caroline Hoo boy, this will be an interesting post. XD The first story I EVER wrote was like 3 sentences long, with a bunch of really random questions afterwards. It was about a tree. I can pretty much quote the whole thing from memory, so here goes (minus all the punctuation and spacing issues four year old me slapped in there)…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Aw, thanks!! And *looks around* *whispers* no, I won’t tell him, though I think that about him all the time! 😀 Thank you! I thought those names fitted them well, and I think your characters’ names fit them well, too! (I still adore the name Mejia so much!!) I love nicknaming my characters, too. Sometimes I’ll refer to Newton as ‘Newt’…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic First Thing You Wrote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
This is an AWESOME IDEA!!!!!! I’m torn, ’cause one part really wants to do this and the other is like noooooo don’t you EVER share those stories with the world, Is. XD
Annnnd my insane side shall win out.
Again.
Yay!!!!!
Ahem. *clears throat* I shall accept this challenge @gracie-j but you have been warned that the following will not be the…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Phew! That’s good to know that I haven’t been boring everyone with them! XD Yeah, I think those characters are the most adorable ones (like Deek)! I’m glad you decided to include the romance in TSW, because I already adore your characters and definitely ship Mejia/Filip 100% 😉 Ooh, those are some great names! Though I have to admit I…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski posted an update 5 years, 6 months ago
@abigail-m
I signed up for NaNoWriMo in April!! Thank you for recommending it!! 🙂 -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
Oh, no problem, girl!! 🙂 And I’m very happy that I could help!! (I mean, I mostly fangirled, so sorry XD) Yes, you did an AMAZING job with writing those first couple of chapters (and Colin), and I’m very interested to see what’s going to happen! I’ll try to keep reading more on the other doc soon, but I have a bunch of tests coming…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Daily Writing Quote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
*never remembers to check the kp forum* Anyway, I LOOOOVE THESE QUOTES!!!!!!!!!! They are sooo true and AWESOME.Â
okay, I know I always say that, but it really is. -
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
And of course!! I mean every word!! Yeah, I’m pretty sure my family thinks I’m a nut, but *shrug* that’s fine. Awwww, that made me smile unbelievably huge!!! I’m so happy that you love them, ahhhh, it gives me such a warm, fuzzy feeling that other people enjoy listening to my lengthy rambles about my characters 🙂 Newton is super…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
I saw it in my email!! 🙂
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic What's Been A Foundational Book For You? in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Ooooh, this is a fun question!!!!! Okay, so my answer is probably obvious and all, but it’d be the Bible. Buuut since that’s probably what everyone’s answer is here and like I said, it’s pretty obvious, another one would be Priscilla Shirer’s Armor of God study. It’s really impacted a lot of how I see things regarding the…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
YESSS YOU CAN!!!!!!! *also jumps up and down* *gasp* REALLY??!!! Aww, girl, that means SO MUCH!!! (Hehehe…but you probably shouldn’t have told me that because there are waaaay too many stories I’d be willing to share if I knew anyone would want to read it. XD) YES, YES, YESSSS!!!!!!! I saw you had already left a few comments and I…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
(First, I’m sooo sorry for how long it took me to get back. I had a crazy weekend.)
Aww, girl, a HUNDRED MILLION THANK YOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *gasp* THAT IS SOO AWESOME because, it is really hard to get readers to connect with characters in the first few chapters like you said! YESSSS!!!! (lol, yes, he is adorable. XD) THANK…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Merging My Novels? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Aw, you’re right, though, these are incredible stories and shouldn’t really be rushed. Definitely take your time with it and wait on God’s perfect timing. So like @gracie-j said, I kinda liked the idea of the two novels being separate, but the choice is entirely up to you and it’ll be suuuper great no matter which way you choose to…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Ooh, AWESOME!!! Soo, I should admit my writing process is normally 100% different from normal, sane writers processes. I normally write my first drafts how most people write their second ones. But when I start round two, I don’t normally reread my story until later drafts because often it gets very discouraging for me to see all…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Of course!! 🙂 I can already tell you’re an exceptional author from how you talk about your writing!! I’m very happy for you!! Oooh, I’m the same way—I could go nuts talking about my book (I think my family is probably bored of it by now because it’s hard for me not to talk about them), so I understand!! XD Yeah, shipping is out of my…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Oh, good! Phew… *wipes forehead* Of course!! I enjoyed meeting all of them, and honestly would love to know more about them!! Oooooh, that scene is flawless! I love how Mejia isn’t shocked–she’s just bringing this up casually, and Anton’s response is great XD
Awwww, I know, shipping is one of those things that I just can’t help…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
I’m not sure if my reply duplicated, so I’m sorry if it did, but I just thought I’d re-post my response:)
Eeeeeeek!! Your charries (I love calling them ‘charries’ ) sound SO AMAZING!!! Oh, I know, right? I’m pretty sure all of my characters would want to imprison me for making them suffer so much… *cough Newton cough* so I can rela…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Eeeeeeek!! Your charries (I love calling them ‘charries’ 🙂 ) sound SO AMAZING!!! Oh, I know, right? I’m pretty sure all of my characters would want to imprison me for making them suffer so much… *cough Newton cough* so I can relate. And yay! I’ll pack up my coats and step through my portal to fictional worlds to get to Birch W…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Gothic-ish Short Story Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 6 months ago
OOooh, girl, this is SO exciting!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH for tagging me!!!!! I’ll definitely be reading this, but I probably won’t get to it tomorrow if that’s okay. <33 Can’t WAIT!!!!!!! *does not know what wait is capitalized*
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Writing Routine in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Of course!!! <33 Yeah, I agree!!! 😉 I love your username, by the way! Oh, I KNOW! It’s been FOREVER since I’ve read Little Women, but I remember that it was very well-written and I enjoyed it. I read it for school when I was around eight or nine… but I’d like to re-read it again. Ooh, I actually don’t think I’ve seen the Little…[Read more]
- Load More

Amazing Alexa!! Btw, what is your WriMo title? I’m WritingWarrior, (there is someone else who has a title like that too, but mine’s the one without the portrait). I wish you all the best of writerly wishes in April, (because you such a great writer, you won’t need luck!) If you ever need tips on the nutty NaNo month, don’t be afraid to ask, I’m…[Read more]
Thank you!! 🙂 I’m Lexi.M. (I tried to be ‘Lexi M.’ but it was taken, so just add the period before/after the ‘M’. Ooh, I’ll try to find you then!! Thank you for the warm wishes (I may need them) and I wish you the best as well (but I have no doubt you don’t need them)! Aw, thanks so much! And any tips are welcome, since this is my very first…[Read more]
Anything is good (whether writing or outlining) as long as you can get 50k out of it:)
Great! Before NaNo officially begins, I think I’ll outline a bit so that I can have a guideline for where I’m going 🙂 By the way, do you know how to edit your current word count in NaNo? It says I’ve written 0 words and I didn’t know if I could update that to my current word count
Oh yes, if it is your April NaNo Project, it already has its dates set in it to begin on April 1st. So you won’t be able to update until then your word count on that specific project until then.
But you can start another project under another title as a secondary project (since it will only allow one official NaNo project at a time). And then,…[Read more]
Oh, that makes sense! And thanks for the idea! I was thinking about adjusting the word count goal to make things slightly easier, but nope–I’m going for 50,000 all the way 🙂 And I guess I could just update the current word count on April 1st…