Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Issabelle Perry
    @issawriter7
      • Total Posts: 976

Sooo to be honest, I’ve been kind of nervous about doing this, but I’m just gonna go for it and hope for the best, right? 😉 Anyway, for one of my novels, Into the Lamp – a YA fantastical contemporary retelling of Aladdin – I had been doing a lot of query for agents and all that stuff. Well, long story short, I’ve put that on pause right now and decided instead that I could probably do some more edits to the novel. honestly, guys, I just want to edit it for eternity and never stop XD I probably won’t ever be satisfied. So if any of you INCREDIBLE authors would like to look over it, here it is:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AusRMcV0KvYUST9ZKPOCYi0mNWL_MlQ6QBOBCYW100U/edit?usp=sharing

Questions:

~Does this opening hook you?

~Would you continue reading?

~Do you like Colin?

~Is it worded too choppy or not clear enough?

THANK YA’LL SOOO MUCH for doing this!!!!!!! <33

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
      TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
      @issawriter7

Oh, and some tagges:

@mkfairygirl
        @scripter-of-kingdoms @gracie-j @devastate-lasting @nova21 @abigail-m @imwritehere1920 @ribbonash @kayleigh-idea @godlyfantasy12 @millennium @daisy-torres @e-k-seaver @anyone-who-likes-fantasy @anyone-who-is-reading-this @colin-carlson @wouldn’t-it-be-so-cool-if-there-was-actually-someone-with-the-previous-username-on-here @anyone-who-believes-in-genies XD (Also, if I tagged you, don’t feel obligated to read it if you don’t wanna. And if I didn’t, it’s not because I don’t want you to read it. It’s because I get suuuper nervous asking people to read my work. I STILL TOTALLY WANT YOU TO READ THE STORY, if you want to, of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

TeenWritersNook.com

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@issawriter7 I’d love to look over it for you some time! That’s awesome, girl!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

Katherine
          @mkfairygirl
            • Total Posts: 549

@issawriter7 Thank you so much for tagging me, Is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😃😃😃💗💗 Also, lol that you tagged Colin Carlson!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
            Fall in love with Jesus

Issabelle Perry
            @issawriter7

@devastate-lasting

YAAAAY!!!!!! <33 THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
              @issawriter7

@mkfairygirl

Of course!! I have to tag Colin’s number one fan. XD LOL!! ikr!! Man, if Colin was on this forum, he’d make things prettyyy interesting. XD

TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216
                  • Total Posts: 1011

@issawriter7

YES! YES YES YES! *ahem* So I know I’ve read this before, but gosh I love it so much that I’ll read it again! <33333 Your writing is incredible, girl!! You’re super talented, and I just KNOW I’m gonna keep loving this story!!!! 😀 😀 😀 I can’t promise I can get to it quickly I’m an infamously slow reader but when I do, I’m gonna leave a thousand comments!!! 🙂

Issabelle Perry
                  @issawriter7

@writerlexi1216

YES YES YESSSS!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS, girl, that just made my day. 😊 I had almost tagged you, but didn’t want you to feel obligated to read it again and all, but I am SOO HAPPY that you want to!!!!!! *jumps up and down* YES!! *pumps fist in the air* I sooo hope so!! Haha, that’s perfectly okay, girl! Take your time and no worries. But THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for this comment, ’cause I’m smiling SO hard right now and it’s really just made me VERY happy!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 YESS!! Leave thousands of comments. 🙂

TeenWritersNook.com

E. K. Seaver
                    @e-k-seaver
                      • Total Posts: 344

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Life has been so hectic lately I haven’t even been done for the people I promised to work on</p>

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
                      ekseaver.wordpress.com

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216
                        • Total Posts: 1011

@issawriter7

Awww, I’m so happy that I made you happy!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Oh, it’s no worries!!! I honestly got really excited when I saw you posted this critique (not that I’ll be doing an awful lot of critiquing, because this story is just so awesome. You can expect plenty of fangirling though XD) I knew I just HAD to jump over and comment though!!! Thanks for understanding!! 😀 I’ve been busy with school/making writing goals and stuff, so I haven’t had much time lately. But YES! <333333 ROCK ON, Issa!!!!!!! *thumbs up* And be proud of yourself for being brave to share this!!!!

Issabelle Perry
                        @issawriter7

@e-k-seaver

That’s TOTALLY okay!! Not a problem! I get behind on a lot of things too! 🙂

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                          @issawriter7

@writerlexi1216

Aww, again that means like SO much!!!!!! <333 (LOL!!! Hey, I’m TOTALLY cool for just a bunch of fangirling. 😉 ) YAAY!!!! Well, I’m SOOOO glad you did!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33 Of course, girl, np! Aaaah, yeah, I feel ya there. I’ve been crazily behind with a lotta things as well. Hang in there, though!!!! Aww, THANK YOU!!!!! Girl, you’re TOO SWEET!!!!! <333 THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

TeenWritersNook.com

RainyEmily
                            @millennium
                              • Total Posts: 59

I’ll defiantly been reading this! Can’t wait to get into it!

A wolf is a wolf,
                              even in a cage,
                              even dressed in silk.

Issabelle Perry
                              @issawriter7

@millennium

YESS!!!!! *jumps up and down and pumps fist in the air and repeats the whole process again* I’m SOO HAPPY to hear that!!!!!! <33 THANK YOU A HUNDRED TIMES OVER, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33

TeenWritersNook.com

RainyEmily
                                @millennium
                                  • Total Posts: 59

@issawriter7

You’re so welcome! I’m very I’m impressed by the fact you’ve actually written a book! I’m getting there with mine, slowly but steadily. 🙂

A wolf is a wolf,
                                  even in a cage,
                                  even dressed in silk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >