First Thing You Wrote

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions First Thing You Wrote

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

Hey KeePers! So, credit for this awesome topic goes to the awesome @gracie-j. Noticed her created topic did not go through but got the email notification, so decided to create it for her. (Hope you don’t mind, Grace!)

“The first thing you ever wrote!

Now, @william-starkey did this a few months back, but since we have so many new members, I want to dare all of y’all to share the first thing you ever wrote! If, for some reason, you can’t find it (like, it’s buried in a box full of old notebooks, written in faded pencil or something), the share the first thing you can find or have written down on your computer.

To get the ball rolling, I’m sharing with you guys the first chapter of the second book I ever wrote (note: second book, as the example given above belongs to me…the first book–all two chapters of it–is lost somewhere in the attic). I wrote this in a notebook when I was about nine or ten–read at your own risk.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dXWeKnfZR2UzWxkyYs48x7B9L_wxTM7OPA3V7SoZgRI/edit?usp=sharing

With that, I dare @nanisnook @issawriter7 @joy-caroline @lexiwriter12616 @scripter-of-kingdoms @abigail-m @anyone-else-who-wants-to-participate @come-on-you-know-you-wanna @don’t-be-scared @it’s-not-that-bad @never-mind-it-is”

Anonymous

So, I figure I’ll start this off.

Unfortunately, I wrote my very first story at age four, so obviously that story is LOOOONG gone. I’ve been writing 11 years and my stories are up in the rafters somewhere… So I’ll do what @gracie-j suggested. This is the first novel I ever wrote on computer. It is… *coughs*… terrible. This was actually the very first Christian fiction novel I ever wrote, too, though it is not Biblical fiction.

Novel synopsis:

Set in the early 1800s, New England. Michael Baker is ten years old. His father is a missionary, and one day he set sail for another mission trip and never returned. He was shipwrecked and all the crew drowned. Shortly after, Michael’s mother died of fever. His older sister, Dorothy “Dorrie,” is nineteen and mentally ill after their parents’ deaths. Michael is raised by his older brother Joseph, or Joey. Joey is twenty-one years old; thus he has always been a father to Michael because of the huge age difference. But now Joey has depression and suicidal tendencies and is very severe with Michael and Dorrie. (Michael, obviously, doesn’t understand the cause of this.)

Joey was a schoolteacher in the local village but got fired when he took in a little boy, Billy, who had dyslexia. The headmaster warned Joey that if he taught Billy along with the other children, he would be fired even though his sick, impoverished family desperately needs the money. Joey rebels against the headmaster and takes Billy in anyway although he knows the risks, because he believes no child should be an exile. He manages to teach Billy to read with a Bible and a ruler (y’all can guess what the ruler was for). As a result, Billy absolutely hates his teacher and doesn’t realize the truths Joey is trying to teach him with the Bible, and the discipline he’s trying to instill in the boy with the ruler. (To show him he’s just like the other kids.)

Then there’s a whole crazy backstory with Billy, who is adopted, and his young and wild parents and prostitute mother. But to keep a very long story short, Billy eventually accepts Joey’s love for him. The village, through a moving show of affection given by Billy to his teacher, stops taunting the Baker family and votes to give Joey back his job. Then everything is happily ever after. XD

Hope that made sense… I’m SOOOOO sorry I ended up writing so much… I actually got this story idea from a sermon.

I’ll just be quiet now and share the first two chapters of the story. If the link doesn’t work or access is denied just let me know.

Which are absolutely cringeworthy, but you asked for it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10gtXietW6UunT2JT4hNd2ACEn0X7zbHBjK9xvDByVKg/edit#heading=h.tpzukkql38iy

Issabelle Perry
        @issawriter7
          • Total Posts: 976

This is an AWESOME IDEA!!!!!! I’m torn, ’cause one part really wants to do this and the other is like noooooo don’t you EVER share those stories with the world, Is. XD

Annnnd my insane side shall win out.

Again.

Yay!!!!!

Ahem. *clears throat* I shall accept this challenge @gracie-j but you have been warned that the following will not be the most amazinest thing you’ve ever read. (Also, I wrote a lot of my first stories by hand so this is the first one I have that I did on my computer.)

Basically the story is just about a teenage spy who had to save Disney World. Eh, I coulda done better.

Also @joy-caroline you’re story sounds reallyyy cool and I can’t wait to read it the moment I get some free time!!!!!!!!!

@writerlexi1216
          I believe that’s the right tag for her.

Now the document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FO4qqa7EL2_VMy__vHQwinKwEeemLctAJgIBXLaZX8Y/edit?usp=sharing

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
          TeenWritersNook.com

Anonymous

@issawriter7

Lol, the story idea may have been decent… though it could use a TON of work maybe there was potential. But the actual writing itself? *hides face* Hope you can get a laugh out of it tho!

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12
              • Total Posts: 6645

@joy-caroline Ooh ok! So obviously I also wrote/drew my first stories really young. But really writing like books and such I can’t remember if I wrote one about a detective first or about this princess.

But I know I wrote a chapter about a detective I named Anna Elm (PLZ DO NOT TAKE THE NAME) lol, and a story (that I wrote a book about but the chapters were just one long paragraph cuz I was really little) about a princess named Light.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12

Cool! Your names are so creative. Why do I feel like Light is a name I’d consider giving my future daughter? Honestly tho, I already know I’m naming my future kids after my literary heroes… lol.

Wyn Rose
                @wyn-rose
                  • Total Posts: 57

@joy-caroline

This sounds like fun! I don’t remember the first things I ever wrote, but here are some I do remember:

Don’t know if this really counts, but maybe you’ll find it amusing. They were “stories” written in crayon on construction paper I’d stapled or taped together, and had many more pictures than words. I actually still have a lot of them, including a story about a man running away from the cameras on tripods that were chasing him (yes, seriously). Usually though, they featured me and my friends and family members going on crazy adventures that hardly made sense. Often I just drew the pictures and got a family member to write down what I told them. I remember making a ton of them.

I also recall a story I wrote in first grade about a bowl of evil pieces of broccoli, which stands out in my mind for some reason. And then there was the Cinderella retelling I wrote for second or third grade featuring my pet hamster and I… I was really proud of that one at the time. I kid you not, it’s still on my bookshelf. My teacher printed them out and made covers for them and everything. Honestly, that teacher made me realize I loved writing. I don’t know if I would be a writer now without her.

I didn’t write them down or anything, but I also spent practically my entire childhood making stories up in my head or even sometimes acting them out with friends or my brother. Can anyone relate? The best one was about about a brother and sister and whose rich scientist father had an experiment go wrong which “turned him evil”. The brother and sister, along with their twin cousins (of which I was one), continually had to face him and his henchmen at different locations. Not to mention each kid had their own special power, for no other reason than we probably thought it was cool. It was one of the games my brother and I played with our close family friends, and it lasted for literal years. We pretended we were a part of that story everywhere we went together for the longest time, and we created a whole backstory and everything. It’s honestly a really happy memory from my childhood, all that time we spent immersed in that crazy story! It was the best!

Sorry for rambling, I know some of those weren’t even stories I actually wrote…

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice
                    • Total Posts: 3365

My very first novel was about anthropomorphic otters and was a typical revolution type story. I still have it somewhere and I’ve been desperately looking for the USB that has the story on it for months!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Natalie C.
                    @nanisnook
                      • Total Posts: 154

@joy-caroline

Technically, the first thing that I wrote was about 10 pages long with like 15 words on each page. Does that count?

I’d say the first real story that I wrote was called “Robert and Finn,” and (don’t laugh) it was about a boy that rode a giant shark around everywhere. XD I still have it, I think. But I use Word, not Google Docs, so I’m not sure if I can share it?

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Natalie C.
                      @nanisnook
                        • Total Posts: 154

@win-rose

I have acted out so many stories with my cousins and close friends! For some reason, we loved making up stories about Indians. And my friend and I LOVED Davy Crockett, so we would act out him all the time. And am I the only one that will make up a story in my head and add on to it each night?

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

Wyn Rose
                        @wyn-rose
                          • Total Posts: 57

@nanisnook I used to do something similar!

Yeah, looking back I think I may have pretty much missed the point of this topic and essentially just reminisced about my childhood… oops. Sorry everyone!

Kads
                          @scripter-of-kingdoms
                            • Total Posts: 765

@gracie-j @joy-caroline Hoo boy, this will be an interesting post. XD The first story I EVER wrote was like 3 sentences long, with a bunch of really random questions afterwards. It was about a tree. I can pretty much quote the whole thing from memory, so here goes (minus all the punctuation and spacing issues four year old me slapped in there) :

Once there was a tree. She was nice. When she was really nice that was great.

Why do we live in Canada?

How do some people do other things?

(And here’s the kicker)

why do i have no more paint?

XD so that was the fine literature I wrote at age four and a half. (Anything in brackets isn’t part of the story tho lol) Yeahhhh, I used to hate writing lol. But now I love it, so, yay!! XD

staring at the fields
                            if nothing's really real
                            i'll make the winter now my home

Katherine
                            @mkfairygirl
                              • Total Posts: 549

@nanisnook You’re not the only one. I create stories in my head all the time and add on to them until they’re finished!

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                              Fall in love with Jesus

Katherine
                              @mkfairygirl
                                • Total Posts: 549

@gracie-j This is a really cool idea!!!!! Here’s a picture of the first novel I ever attempted to write (it basically had some of the characters from The Suite Life on Deck😂):

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                                Fall in love with Jesus

Anonymous

@wyn-rose

I love it! It sounds like you had a ton of creative WIPs when you were little. Evil pieces of broccoli sounds so fun, lol. In my opinion, broccoli IS evil since I absolutely cannot stand it. Asparagus, too. *shudders*

@nanisnook

Sure it counts! I actually use Microsoft Word too, now. Years ago (when I wrote that cringeworthy story I shared) all I used was Docs. If you want to share with us, you can just copy and paste into a Doc!

@scripter-of-kingdoms

*cringes remembering all my first stories* When I was little my stories had like 50 words on each page because I wrote HUGE. Lol.

@mkfairygirl

Aww, your writing is so adorable. Whenever I try to look at the stories I wrote when I was little, it is so sloppy it almost physically hurts me. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >