@beth-torres
Active 15 hours, 20 minutes ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 534
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 12 months ago
Hi!! Sorry, I would’ve gotten to this earlier, I just didn’t even see it. Do you know how to tag people already or did you just not know who to tag?
It seems interesting so far! I think the biggest thing I noticed was that your paragraphs are really long — I think it would be easier to read if you split the paragraphs up, but that’s sort…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
I just have to show you this…

-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 12 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic My Love Has Gone Across the Sea (WFS fan fic) in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 12 months ago
Oh my word, thank you so much!!! That means a lot!! 🥰 I actually emailed in the story to him, but I haven’t gotten any reply yet. (Which doesn’t surprise me. He’s probably busy. 😉 ) But I actually got to meet him at a conference I went to at the beginning of September. I was able to get a picture with him too! It was pretty aweso…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
My favorite character to write… do you mean characters that I’ve created and am writing?
Yep! Any character of your own creation!
I love homeschooling because I have more time to invest my energy in doing things I like to do and learning about things I enjoy.
Yeah, awesome! I would agree. 😉
As for cake or ice cream, ice cream wou…
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 12 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @mineralizedwritings
Oh yeah, whoops. 😅
Ok, well, then I’ll reconsider adding her in. 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic Paradise Lie recreated in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 12 months ago
Alrighty! I’ll be sure to pop in!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Paradise Lie in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 12 months ago
If this is the whole first chapter (which I’m assuming it is) my first critique would be to hint in some way at the actual plot. I felt like it was missing something, and maybe that was it. I’m not entirely sure. Because to me, unless this whole story revolves around Ben and his forgiving his father, I see no indication of the plot dev…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Actually, I don’t think those questions have been asked before. Congrats!
Sweet. 😎 *high-fives myself*
Who is your favorite character to write and why? Nahim Alfred Nayhelm, last of his family-clan. I know him as well as if he were my sibling (except whether he would like vanilla or chocolate ice cream, as far as I know, he’s never had it.…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 12 months ago
My Character:
Nahim (nay-him) Alfred Nayhelm
gender: Masculine
Eye color: Red
Hair color: black
Skin Shade: pale brown or little a little b little a little b (abab) to anyone who understands that.
Voice: It has been described as “Young, too young” and “the voice of a thirteen-year-old”
Age in my WIP: 19-21
Height: about 6 feet.
People/…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Hi! I’m RAE or you can call me Ru or Ruee
I’m a blue-eyed girl who’s insane about horses, passionate about writing, loves her God, plays the piano, dabbles in poetry and machine embroidery, and reaches for the sky…But hasn’t reached it yet. I’m a homeschooler with a big imagination at the age of fourteen. Good to meet you. **Hand shake**…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 12 months ago
That’s a great idea! The problem is, on my google account I have, it’s my school account and the docs I make can’t be shared with anyone else that has a non school account. I will, however now post the link to my “reedsy” account, (it’s like google docs, but no one can edit or comment.
h ttps://editor.reedsy.com/s/p8SdhuQ Copy and paste…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 2 years, 12 months ago
Well, I’ve asked myself that question multiple times. So since it’s an allegory, I think it was needed to show that God accepts us out of many different situations and no matter what we’ve been told, we’re always loved. It also builds the romantic aspect between the two MC’s because one comforts the other during flashbacks (thought…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Writing abuse in an allegory in the forum Plotting 2 years, 12 months ago
Well, I’ve asked myself that question multiple times. So since it’s an allegory, I think it was needed to show that God accepts us out of many different situations and no matter what we’ve been told, we’re always loved. It also builds the romantic aspect between the two MC’s because one comforts the other during flashbacks (thought…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 12 months ago
I forgot to mention that most of the things that you’ll find wrong with this thread have already been mentioned by others and have been either fixed or the chapters deleted and replaced.
I deleted the paragraphs about the races, and fixed multiple other problems. Maybe I need to make a new thread for the new and improved WIP, lol.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 12 months ago
Yess!!! Read and reread them, they’re amazing. My family might be starting the first one as a read aloud, too! 😁 I’ve been trying to get my siblings to read them forever. Who’s your favorite character?
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 12 months ago
@euodia-vision Love your location on your profile, lol!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 12 months ago
Love the pic! How do you get that detailing in the hair!!!? I’ve been trying to do that for like years!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 12 months ago
Thanks, it’s my most recent watercolor of my MC, Nahim (pronounce nay-him never nah-him)
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 12 months ago
Woah! that’s cool!
- Load More

@rae
Why, thank you!!! Do you like Lord of the Rings?
I love your pfp too! Horses are amazinggggg
Do I love lotr? They are my favorite movies and books! Tolkien is my favorite author! I literally did not like books until I read The Hobbit, and I only read that cuz my big brother kept talking about it. Since then, I watched the movies over and over again, plus read the books twice. After I finish school assigned reading, I plan to read them again.
@rae
YUS GIRL!!! *high five*
I’ve only read the books once, but rn I’m working through Lotr a second time. Buuuut, I’ve seen the movies like 8 times. 😂
Do you like books or movies better? And do you like the hobbit or lord of the rings?
I like the books, cuz I appreciate good writing and that was the first book that I cried over only two words, “Aragorn dies” and I’ve never had another book do that to me. I’ve cried over those words twice!
Lord of the Rings, it captures me and Strider was like a game changer for me. i loved his mysterious personality at first.
Awww! 😭 So like the part where it says Aragorn dies of old age?
YES!!! I love Aragorn/Strider!!! Some of my fam thinks he’s weird but he’s my favorite Lotr character, besides Sam ofc.