Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Romance Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1359

@acancello

Oh, and oops, there’s also normally cake.. but the three weddings I have been to didn’t serve it, lol. One had a s’mores bar instead xD

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Allison
      @acancello
        • Total Posts: 838

@hybridlore

Thank you! I am going to skip a ton, dont worry 😀 lol! Yes, I kind of meant descriptions, more like what do people normally wear/eat/decorate. (You know I should probobly ask my mom🤣)

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1359

@acancello

Yeah! Your mom could probably help, too! I mean, what people wear depends on the time of year the wedding is in – for colors, and long/short sleeves and pants. I would Google pictures for decorations and maybe caterers, too! (Also, I don’t think it needs to be super exact, with all the details.. end of book scenes are usually short and sweet 😉)

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Power
          @power
            • Total Posts: 292

I feel it’s my due duty to attempt to attempt to resurrecting this corpse of a page (Which hasn’t breathed a breath for approximately 9 days.) (I know, such a tragedy travesty.) “But why?” you ask? Why? I’ll tell you why!

1. It is past midnight, so I tend to act slightly touched in the head. This isn’t twitterpation or cowwittedness, but in the morning I might duly dubbed myself a scurvy ridden addle minded pig. 🐷 (But, I am willing to chance such a browbeating for the sake of this page. Such a hero. 🦸)
            2. If this page goes extinct, I will lose many opportunities to rant and rage regarding irrational romantic rot! Bah!!!
            3. BECAUSE. Need thou anything more than that? 🧐

So, now that you have read my magnificent 3 part reasoning, (And are in awe at my splendiferous, superb, and stately statements), I command that all you love book lovers came back to this page so I can laugh at you!

Let it be so! 🤴

Alive! ALIVE!!!

You will love what you spend time with.

Allison
            @acancello

@power

Ummmm. 😐 🤨 🤔 😏 🤣 👏

So you want to rant an rage about writing romance and laugh at us?🤣 Why? Nothing is wrong with a bit of romance in a book. It is nice to have a whole bunch of different pieces to your book to make it seem more real in my opinion. Of course you don’t have to have just romance. You could just have good friends…. So yeah that’s about it for now. What do you have to say about this topic besides reading it to laugh?😄

P.S. Nice monocle  🧐👍

Faith
              @awsumfaith
                • Total Posts: 239

@power

I found that highly amusing XD

"does anyone have any good ideas?"
                "Oh yeah, but none for this"

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12
                  • Total Posts: 6645

@power ROFL!!!! Bruh u crack me up lol!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Light Warrior Pen
                  @light-warrior-pen
                    • Total Posts: 103

@power @acancello @godlyfantasy12  @awsumfaith @anyone-else-on-here

Does anyone have any tips on building attraction between two characters in an enemy-to-friends to trope? Currently I have two characters who need to fall in love with each other, but they’re in the I-really-don’t-like-you stage and I don’t know how to get them out! 😂☹️😩

@power

So you like to rage at romance? 😂 What do you have against it? It adds a certain flavor to things. If you think about it, movies like Star Wars wouldn’t be the same without some sparks (like with Anakin and Padme).

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12
                      • Total Posts: 6645

@light-warrior-pen @acancello if I may shed some light upon the situation XD

Power is a lad, surrounded by us lasses, who adore all things romantic XD

i have 2 little brothers, I understand the plight of adoring romance and them…not so much. Lol

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 8156

@power 😂😂😂😂 You’re hilarious XXD

@light-warrior-pen
                        @acancello

Godly is right, y’all…trust me, I know plenty of guys…they just don’t enjoy romance the way we do, lol, and that’s okay!

Allison
                        @acancello

@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12

Oh yes, I totally understand 😀 My little brother and all of his friends all feel the same about it🤣

Allison
                          @acancello

@light-warrior-pen

So making two characters fall in love can be easy or hard. Depending on the characters. (I am not an expert on this so this might not be the best advice 🙂 ) Since you have an enemy to friend situation you might want to have one person save the other or going through a tough situation together. I feel like that is a good way to make them start liking each other, if that is to dramatic you can start small by having them do little things like catching them when they fall, reluctantly helping them in a sticky situation and other little moments like that.

If they dont know each other to well, have a scene of them talking/being forced to talk to each other. Sometimes, what helps me to write friend to enemy, I just keep writing and writing and occasionally poping in a few situations they have to work together on. I hope that helps!

Light Warrior Pen
                            @light-warrior-pen
                              • Total Posts: 103

@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76

I get it. My friend’s brother turns green whenever romance is mentioned. 🤣

@acancello

I’ll have to try that! Thanks! They know each other; they just don’t like each other … yet. 😊

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Allison
                              @acancello

@whalekeeper @hybridlore @light-warrior-pen @freedomwriter76

Here is a short description on how my main characters parents met, do you like it? Does it seem real?

Susanna (Anna) and Blake Smith are the parents to all the Smith children. They met at the grocery store in High school when Blake, who was stocking the shelves at the time, was high up on a ladder and then accidentally dropped a bag of rice on Susanna’s head when she we shopping below him,  it was love at first sight. A few years after they both graduated, Blake proposed and Susanna said yes!

🤣 It may not seem totally realistic, but hey, its pretty funny!

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 8156

@acancello aww, that’s funny and actually cute!! XD💗💗😂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >