Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Romance Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Power
    @power
      • Total Posts: 292

May,

1 Dear Day

you Smooch a Frog,

and it NOT

POOF into a Prince!

We Now have 4

and need NO MORE

Feeding them

is Such an EXPENSE!

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@power lol 😂😂

Anonymous

@acancello @euodia-vision @smiley @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @anyone-else-idk-lol

Welp, I guess this is as good of a forum as any to share this edited scene from my first novel…XD

Anywhooooooo, here it is!!!!!!! 💕💕

Legit one of my fav couples ❤️❤️❤️

A single lamp lit the room, windows blacked out with curtains to stay in accordance with blackout orders.

Riker’s parents and younger sister had left right after dinner, and the kids were asleep in bed.

“I’m sure that was hard for you but thank you for doing it. I know your mother and sister enjoyed everyone’s company.” Iris whispered, running her fingers along Riker’s scarred left cheek, lying on the couch in his arms.

Riker smiled softly and kissed his wife’s right temple. “I get to be home…what could be better than that?”

“I don’t know. Nothing, I would hope.”

“Nothing is better than this.” Riker whispered; he held her tighter. The tension in his shoulders, even the tension in his entire body slowly eased off.

“I wish things could always be this way.” Iris whispered. Her gaze shifted to all of the framed photographs that decorated the walls and her eyes brightened with tears. “The war has kept you away from us…”

Riker wiped the tears from her eyes and pulled her further into his embrace. “I know.”

He had to tell her even though he didn’t want the moment to end. He had to get her and the kids to safety. “Iris?”

“Yes, darling?”

Riker sat up straighter and cleared his throat.

Iris sat up and turned to face him, her green eyes meeting his dark blue. She raised one inquisitive eyebrow. “Riker, what is it?”

He grabbed her hands and squeezed them. “I need to talk to you about something.”

“Is something wrong, darling? Something with your work?”

Riker closed his eyes, reminded of all he had done, feeling the already familiar pain of guilt. He opened his eyes and shrugged. “…Kind of.”

Iris slightly tilted her head, lips pursed.

Riker let out a deep sigh, squeezing his wife’s hands tighter. “It’s not easy to explain, Iris, but there are things going on. Horrible, horrible things. People are being hurt.”

“What does this have to do with us, darling? And what exactly is-“

“I can’t tell you everything. It would put all of us in danger,” Riker took in a deep breath, “but Iris, you and the kids need to leave.”

Iris blinked several rimes. Her green eyes stared into his, her eyes searching, questioning, doubting. “But Riker, why?”

Riker bit his lip and shook his head. “It’s hard to explain, and I can’t explain everything, but people are being killed, and not because of war.”

Iris’ eyes widened. “But how? Why? Where?”

Riker closed his eyes, forcing back his tears; his eyes stung. “The people who are unwanted are killed in camps.”

“…Camps?” Iris gasped and covered her mouth, “Riker, no, the rumors…they…they’re-“

Riker slowly nodded, forcing the words out of his lips. “They’re true.”

Iris closed her eyes, tears coursing down her cheeks, her hands still covering her mouth. “Oh, dear Lord Jesus, forgive us…”

Riker grabbed her hands, slowly lowering them from her face and placing them in her lap, squeezing them. “And a trusted friend of mine told me that…that…” he cleared his throat, “that the mute and deaf are some of the unwanted.”

Iris’ eyes widened, filling with fear. “No…no, Riker, darling…”

“That’s why I’m here. H-he said he could get you and the kids out of Germany and to England, and from there to America where your parents live.”

“But Riker, darling-“

“I’d stay here. I have to.”

Iris fiercely shook her head, pulling her hands from his and setting her hands on his cheeks. “We promised to not leave each other until death do we part.”

Riker nodded and grabbed his wife’s hands, lowering them again and holding them in his own. “I know, but you and the kids are my top priority. I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to Eli or any of you. I need you to go.”

“Darling, I can’t leave you.”

Riker leaned forward, planting a gentle kiss on her lips. “You have to. I need you to keep yourself, Jonathan, Naja, and Eli safe. Not to mention the baby you’re carrying.”

Iris, tears coursing down her cheeks, laid a hand on his left cheek, covering his long, thin scar with her gentle and cold fingers. “I can’t leave you.”

Riker smiled softly and kissed her forehead. “You have to,” he murmured, “to keep you and the kids safe. I would rest easier knowing that you’re all safe. Please, Iris, I need you to be safe.”

“I know, but-”

“Don’t worry about me, darling. I’ll be fine…it will be okay. I swear to you, I will be okay.”

Iris looked up at him. “You promise?”

Riker grabbed her hands and lifted them to his lips, kissing them gently. “I promise.”

Iris’ arms wrapped around his neck and her lips met his. “Then I’ll go. For the kids and for you, I’ll go.”

Riker kissed her again, his hands coming up to her cheeks. “Thank you.”

His wife and his kids would be safe. That was more than many people could say.

He swallowed the bile that rose in his throat, and his stomach churned.

All the people that were dead…murdered with help from his hands…their families couldn’t say that their loved ones were safe.

“Riker?”

He blinked and faced his wife again; he shook his head. “I’m fine. I’m so happy you and the kids will be safe.”

“Those camps, Riker, who are they run by?”

His gaze fell. His fists clenched in his lap.

Iris gently grabbed his jaw, softly forcing his gaze up, and Riker met her eyes even though he knew he shouldn’t.

Iris bit her lip and slowly, gently, she spoke, “It’s run by the Schutzstaffel, isn’t it?”

Riker bit his lip, closing his eyes, tight, fighting back guilt.

The guilt won.

“And your new transfer, it’s…oh, Riker…” Iris wept. Her arms wrapped around him.

Riker wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face in her shoulder.

Iris stroked his hair with her fingertips. “Oh, Riker, my darling, please, don’t blame yourself.”

Riker held her tighter. She had noticed what no one else did.

Silent tears coursed down his cheeks. His arms wrapped tighter around his wife. He held her knowing he had to let go so she could get to safety but wishing with everything he had that neither of them had to part, even for a short period of time.

“Don’t blame yourself, Riker, please. I love you too much to see you do that.”

Riker pulled out of her grip. “The things I’ve done…the people I’ve killed…”

“Riker, you didn’t know. Darling don’t blame yourself. Please.”

Riker’s gaze fell and he wiped away tears.

How could he not blame himself? How could he not feel guilty? How could he not feel regret? How could he not feel ashamed?

“Riker, darling, please, look at me.”

He slowly looked up.

“It’s not your fault. You didn’t know. And no matter what we’ve done, God can forgive us. It’s okay.” Iris’ arms wrapped around him once more. “I’ll go to America with the kids, but don’t blame yourself, darling, please. I love you too much to see you hurt yourself that way.”

Riker wrapped his arms around her, gently placing a kiss to her lips and laying his head on top of hers. He closed his eyes to savor the brief moment he had to hold her in his arms. “I love you too.”

Smiley
          @smiley
            • Total Posts: 2179

@freedomwriter76

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that’s so sweet

also, I was just thinking, I’m guessing there’s a scene when he and Iris are having some sort of romantic moment, and guilt hits him realizing that poor Leon lost his other half?

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Anonymous

@smiley Aww, tysm! Ahh i know 🥰🥰

also, I was just thinking, I’m guessing there’s a scene when he and Iris are having some sort of romantic moment, and guilt hits him realizing that poor Leon lost his other half?

Welllllllllll, when Aadelheide perishes, Iris is already in England

Smiley
              @smiley
                • Total Posts: 2179

@freedomwriter76

Welllllllllll, when Aadelheide perishes, Iris is already in England

Oh I didn’t know that

XD

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Anonymous

@smiley

You’re good :3

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer
                    • Total Posts: 606

@anyone

Y’all I just remembered a really sweet scene in a story I’ve sort of set on the shelf for a little while now… the story needs some major tweaking (haha maybe remodeling is a better word) but there are a few parts of it that I want to keep, including the scene I just thought of. It’s better with context but I think it could stand alone, too. I might post the scene a little later if anyone’s interested in reading it.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Allison
                    @acancello
                      • Total Posts: 838

@freedomwriter76

Thats so sweet and sad!🥹 I really like Riker, but reading all your other posts I think Leon is my favorite, but then its so hard to chose.💗

@trailblazer

I would love to read it!

Trailblazer
                      @trailblazer

@acancello It’s a longer scene that I realized it was, so I’m gonna see if I can condense it. If not I might just post a link.

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings
                          • Total Posts: 2803

@freedomwriter76

I love the scene!

へびは かっこいい です!

Light Warrior Pen
                          @light-warrior-pen
                            • Total Posts: 103

@freedomwriter76

😍😍😍

Love it! Poor Riker. 😭 And Iris.

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Power
                            @power
                              • Total Posts: 292

Twas not a ball of steel

that pierced my fleshy heart

A Blast and blaze of fire

Or burn that did smart

Weren’t a silver sword

or bent blade that did prick

that caused my chest to bleed

and my blood now to drip

Traitor tales hurt me not

Nor are why I have wept

You ask the reason why?

It’s due to your reject.

I offered you my best

upon a silver platter

you didn’t eat cooking

Them Fried Zebra Blatter’s

(😋 Throw anyone for a twist?)

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous

@acancello @light-warrior-pen @mineralizedwritings Awww, thank y’all so much!!! ❤️❤️❤️

@trailblazer
                                I’d love to see it! 🙂

Trailblazer
                                @trailblazer

@freedomwriter76

Remind me tomorrow night! I started typing it into a document (it was originally in a notebook) and I need to finish it but I won’t have time to do it tonight yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >