Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ Genre-Writing ā€ŗ Romance ā€ŗ Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    @acancello
      • Total Posts: 838

@esther-c

Awww thatā€™s such a sweet story between your parentsšŸ’—

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2635

*Runs up, skirts flying, breath lost* Ah, here I am! Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t miss too much. Romance has been an interesting topic to me as of late.

I canā€™t say I can give advice as an expert writer (which I am not), but I can certainly make observations based on real life experiences. You want to know what itā€™s like to have a boy crush on you crazily for no particular reason? And to understand the furiously spinning thoughts and emotions necessarily in my brain?? Be my guest šŸ˜‚

@power

Lovely. Worthy of a Dutch puffed pastry. I do wish I could give you one.

@esther-c

What an adorable first meet ā¤ As if it were straight out of a book.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Allison
        @acancello

@whalekeeper

Yay! Iā€™m glad you could join! Real life experience is the #1 way to learn! I would ask you what its like, but it has already happened to me a few times when I was littler, nothing recent.šŸ˜‚

Whaley
          @whalekeeper

@acancello

So youā€™re inĀ the knowĀ XD

Whaley
            @whalekeeper

Hereā€™s a THING if you want it ā€“

Ā 

What is the boyā€™s name?

Calvin

What is the girlā€™s name?

Thorn (Although Iā€™m looking to have it changed)

How did they meet?

Ah. Thorn is on a superhero mission of sorts ā€“ wearing an alter ego. Cal gets stuck in the middle of the hero-villain fight, and accidentally steals the show.

Thorn always knew Cal existed (she knows his father, met him briefly when she was little, and has seen photos), but the moment she sees him, sheā€™s basically spellbound. Itā€™s love at first sight.

The two have a casual, kind of goofy conversation in the midst of the fight ā€“ Thorn completely ignoring the villainsā€™ attempts at impressing her ā€“ but regretfully, Thorn ends it and leaves before chaos escalates.

Cal, although he does not know who this mysterious heroine is, is quietly intrigued.

Do they have nicknames?

Cal šŸ™‚ And if Thornā€™s name is changed to what Iā€™m thiiiiinking, she will have a nickname also.

Their families?

Cal has his father, mother, and triplet brothers. Theyā€™re amazing and relevant to the plot later on. Thorn, however, only has a strange little boy named Ransom (donā€™t worry, her backstory is not traumatic). Ransom ships them like crazy, the sweet child.

Are they married or dating or friends?

They date eventuallyā€¦ which should be fun. They have to be watched by a chaperon, though, who is usually Dogchild, Thornā€™s servant of sorts. Which is awkward, considering heā€™s like an older brother to her, and he likes to stare at them intimidatingly XD

Tell us a bit about them.

Calvin is quiet and charismatic. He enjoys a warm cup of coco, tea, nectar, eggnog ā€“ pretty much anything aesthetically delicious, with a good book. Sometimes he becomes too obsessed with certain thoughts. Has blue and orange theme colors, based off his biracial ancestry. A bit of iridescence in his hair and under his eyes (again, genetic).

Thorn is quite graceful. She conducts herself with a melodic air ā€“ even while slinging insulting quips at villains. She wants to protect innocent little ones. She is afraid of her own blindness to the intricacies of the world. Very warm color scheme, and has an aesthetic reminiscent of paper toys, tea stains, and orange-glowing dandelions.

Secrets?

Thorn keeps her secret identity, but not for terribly long. As for Cal, he doesnā€™t really keep secrets. He prefers the truth out.

Anything else?

Cal is not a superhero exactly, but he has his own special abilities. The two help each other out on cool, awesome-sauce adventures, develop together, quip together, and hopefully go to some fancy parliament ball. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Allison
              @acancello

@godlyfantasy12 @whalekeeper @esther-c @light-warrior-pen @janellebelovedpig @everyoneelse!

Alright! Here is one of the first romanticā€¦ Well foreshadow of the future?? Short but sweet šŸ™‚

Deep in thought, I wasnā€™t paying attention to where I was going and smashed right into Paxton, slipped and lost my balance. He grabbed my hand and pulled me upright, spun me in a little circle and ended by pulling me close to him.

ā€œWoah little lady!ā€ He laughed, looking me right in the eyes. He smelled of grass and the sun, his hands were callused, but gentle.

I smiled, a little embarrassed.

He looked as if he was going to say more, but suddenly let me go and left into the living room where the boys were.

=-=-=-=-=-=-

Yep, pretty short, but sweet. Do you like it?

Ā 

Elishavet Pidyon
                @elishavet-pidyon
                  • Total Posts: 1014

@acancello

Hi! I-have-no-idea-if-weā€™ve-met-or-not-although-I-think-we-have-but-maybe-I-just-saw-you-around.

Iā€™m Elishavet around here! (Obviously) Iā€™m flattered to hear you love my little darlings. As were they when I told them.

Yeah, I enjoy romantic subplots when they fit. Mostly I write adventurous tales disturbingly inspired from reality and plagued with symbolism.

That is if Iā€™m not writing poetry. Or some random short story about a child who likes violins.

You?

Also,

Ā 

Ā 

TILL THE GREEN EMBER RISES!

(By the by, If you want to read some Natalian scribblings, they are under the thread bearing that name.)

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Allison
                  @acancello

@elishavet-pidyon

Lets seeā€¦ I love writing, talking traveling, hanging out with people, westie dogs, guinea pigs, running, going places, trying weird food and a ton more! I also like to write poetry and I mainly write dystopian and post- apocalyptic books.Ā  Nice to meet you !(I might have seen you around, but im not sure šŸ˜€ )

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3218

@acancello

Aww, cute!! šŸ˜Š

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

Light Warrior Pen
                      @light-warrior-pen
                        • Total Posts: 103

@whalekeeper @acancello @elishavet-pidyon @esther-c @everyone-else-on-here

So, Iā€™ve always had this pet peeve about cliches, including romance cliches. I guess Iā€™m wondering ā€¦ does anyone have any romantic cliches they canā€™t stand? Or am I the only one?

@acancello
                        So cute!

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3218

@light-warrior-pen

Umā€¦ I canā€™t really think of anything in particular at the moment, but maybe thatā€™s because the few romances Iā€™ve read have been really good. XD I do hate though when one of the people, typically the girl, starts making assumptions about the guy based on his actions and gets mad at him, not even letting him know why sheā€™s mad. It drives me crazy! šŸ˜£ Like, I understand this can happen irl, but isnā€™t there a better way to write miscommunication? šŸ˜‚

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper

@light-warrior-pen

Oh yes, loads. Building off what @esther-c said, I often find that the female love interest isā€¦ well honestly uninteresting XD Now thatā€™s not always true, but very often, the girl is beautiful but doesnā€™t care, can tOtally take care of herself and mentions it all the time to the point of being annoying, and just canā€™t seem to pick up on any social cues.

Elishavet Pidyon
                            @elishavet-pidyon
                              • Total Posts: 1014

@light-warrior-pen

Pet peeves? On romance? Neveeerrrrrr.

Actually, what @whalekeeper and @esther-c said. XD

Also, itā€™s probably connected, but when she is so determined to ā€œstick with himā€ that she puts everyone in danger. Like when he gives her instructions to stay safe and she blatantly disregards them just to ā€œbe braveā€. It just comes across leaving her ignorant and a not little selfish. (Even though itā€™s probably intended to do the opposite.)

And of course kissing before thereā€™s any commitment, but thatā€™s just unhealthy.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Allison
                              @acancello

@light-warrior-pen @esther-c @whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon @everyone!

I have decided that the end of my book will end on a happy note! What could be more happy than a wedding? The only problem isā€¦ wellā€¦ I have never been to a wedding, unless you count the one I went to when I was 3? I donā€™t remember anything except I wore a pink dress šŸ¤£ My main character, Shaunaā€™s best friend Jean, and Shaunaā€™s second oldest brother are getting married. So I have a billion questions.

1. How many people are usually in a wedding party (Like the bridesmaids and other people, cant remember the rest) šŸ™‚
                                2. What does the pastor say to wed them? (I seriously have not studied weddings)
                                3. What happens at a wedding?
                                4. Flowers, decorations, food, clothing , ect.
                                5. Anything else I missed?

You dont have to answer all of them šŸ™‚ Thanks for helping out!

hybridlore
                                @hybridlore
                                  • Total Posts: 1359

@acancello

Ummā€¦ I can try to help, xD @everyoneelse please correct me if Iā€™m wrong about anything..

1. Bridesmaids, groomsmen, the maid of honor, and the best man, plus the flower girl/s and ring bearer/s.. depends on how many people the couple knows and how big the wedding is going to be, but usually maybe 5-6 bridesmaids and 5-6 groomsmen?

2. Umm, I would Google this, but you definitely want to skip a lot of it. Itā€™s very long šŸ˜…

3. Well, from my experience you arrive and hang out for a little while, then the pastor married them, and then usually dinner or drinks, and then dancing.

4. Could you be more specific? Do you need like, descriptions of this stuff? (Which I would Google.)

5. I canā€™t think of anything else right now! Hopefully this helped!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                                  - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >