Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 5,521 through 5,535 (of 5,547 total)
  • Author
    LoopyLin
    @loopylin
      • Total Posts: 2064

@anyone

Felicity

“So, you going to ask me how my morning went?”

Felicity sat in the cafeteria next to her best friend, slowly nibbling on her ham and cheese sandwich. She could tell Lois was in a relaxed mood today because of the odd lack of pen doodles on his arms and hands. The only one she saw was a small dragon curled around his left wrist.

Lois was currently studying, unfortunately. Fel would have to work a lot harder to tear him away from his responsibilities today.

He barely glanced up at the question.

“Hm? Oh, yeah. How was your morning, Felicity?”

“It. Was terrible.”

“Ah.”

“You know Mr. Whitlock? One of the history teachers? Old as dust and blind as a bat. The power went out, and he didn’t even notice! We tried to tell him, but he thought we were all trying to pull a prank. He hushed us and carried on with the lesson. We couldn’t see our books, we couldn’t see our notes. Eventually, I just left.”

“You ditched class again?”

“I’m sneaky! No one noticed. Not even the people with working eyeballs.”

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
      @loopylin

Weird ending, but I wanted to update these two. Anyone can interact with them if you want.

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2637

@loopylin

Lois x Fel updates are necessary, so you are perfectly fulfilling your responsibilities.

Marz

“Two adopted. Five extended adopted.”

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

LoopyLin
          @loopylin

@whalekeeper

Eddie 

“Woah. Sounds complicated.”

sorry it’s short. I’m stuck 😖

Whaley
            @whalekeeper

@loopylin

Me too. Should we try to isolate Mars and Ellie?

Marz

They lapsed into silence, and soaked in the social sunbeams bouncing around the other tables.

“What’s your story?” Marcel asked quietly.

The girls both wrinkled their noses, not understanding.

“Did you come to exist by bus, spaceship, or divine intervention? Everyone has a story.”

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@whalekeeper

The Twins 

Eddie jumped excitedly at the opportunity to talk about herself.

“Well, we flew here in our ship. We’re from a planet named Getwinn, but we travel a lot. I’m going to be a famous adventurer and explorer some day, and so we came here to learn about different kinds of people and places. Right, Ellie?”

Ellie shrugged. “I’m just the sidekick,” she said softly.

Ed paused, then glanced between her two companions a few times. She thought for a moment, and then shoved the marshmallow bowl back towards Marcel.

“I’m going to go get us some real food,” she declared. “What would you like, Ells?”

“Um. I don’t know. Anything?”

“Cool.” Ed hopped out of her seat and gave them both a wink. “Be right back!” Then she scurried away and was lost among the other students.

Ellie stared at Marcel, suddenly intimidated without Eddie being her social support. She shuffled through topics in her head, trying to find something that was easy for her to talk about.

Finally, she looked down and pulled from her pocket a tiny stack of multi-colored paper about the size of her hand. She put it on the table in front of her.

“Do you like origami?” she asked timidly.

Ok, got rid of Ed XD She’s not coming back despite what she said

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3224

@beth-torres

Ok so I have no idea what to do with Fynn any more. XD I might just stand by and wait for the dance to RP as all of my characters eventually. Buuuuut… Maverick seems like so much fun, so if you don’t mind, I’m gonna add some charries for him to interact with. I know I gave these character descriptions somewhere farther back on this thread, but just lemme know if you want me to repost them real quick.

For reference, Easton and Hallie are brother and sister. Easton, 17; Hallie, 15.

Hallie

Hallie smoothed down her ginger hair, making sure every strand was in place. She did a quick outfit check, suddenly regretting the choice of Reeboks. She left the bathroom with her eyes fixed on her shoes. Maybe her black Converse would have been better.

Someone grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the way of an entourage of middle-schoolers. “Better watch where you’re going,” Easton said with a teasing look.

“I will, I was just distracted.” She looked down at her shoes again, rising up and down her toes a few times. “Yep, shoulda gone with the Converse.”

“Hallie, you look fine.”

She thought she caught a hint of exasperation in Easton’s voice, but decided not to be offended. After all—

“That style went out centuries ago! What’re you, a troglodyte?!”

Hallie felt her jaw literally drop as she made eye contact with a boy her age. After the uncalled-for comment, he strolled away with a skip in his step, tripped, then picked himself back up again and ran off.

“Hal—”

She was already storming down the hall before Easton could finish saying her name. A dark blur rushed out the door to the gardens, where clusters of students were scattered eating lunch. She ignored all of them, her eyes fixed only on the boy who looked all-too-much like a prison escapee at this moment.

She turned the corner, finding the boy bent down and examining some rock he had found on the dirt path. “Hey!” She tapped him on the shoulder, then threw out her arms, hoping he saw her frustration in her face. “What was that for?”

(I think I just discovered that Hallie has somewhat of a temper. XD)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

LoopyLin
                  @loopylin

@rae

Dante

A bit tired from the morning’s adventures, Dante headed slowly back to his motel room. A chill autumn breeze whipped up his coat and ruffled his hair as he walked down the street. He watched the small trees planted evenly along the sidewalk. The leaves were just barely starting to turn.

He got to the motel and found room number six. The door squeaked as he opened it.

“Hey, Alpha. What’re- Oh stars, you’re bleeding.” Dante quickly scanned the room and then looked back at his roommate, unsure how to react.

“Uhhh… you good?”

Alpha shrugged.

Satisfied that he wasn’t about to watch someone die, Dante turned his attention to the box.

“Is that pizza? I’ve never had any before.”

“Yeh. The red disks on top taste terrible, though.”

Dante tried one.

“You kidding? These are great. Your taste buds are messed up. Here, just pick them off of your slice. I’ll eat them.”

Dante leaned against the wall, holding a pizza slice piled high with pepperoni. He gestured casually to Alpha’s wound.

“So. What happened?”

• This reply was modified 3 days, 1 hour ago by LoopyLin.

RAE
                    @rae
                      • Total Posts: 3028

@loopylin

XD, love Dante’s reaction!

Alpha

Alpha raised a dark eyebrow, watching Dante eat the pepperoni in pleasure.

“Uh, I let someone stab me. With my knife,” he replied casually, as if talking about the weather. Alpha rubbed the back of his neck. “My sister is gonna kill me later, but eh, who cares? It’s not like she doesn’t deal with this every month or so.” Alpha laughed, nervously, like he was trying to shrug something off. He ran his hand through his black hair, then gave Dante a half smile. It looked fake, for his eyes betrayed his mind. He was worried about Nar.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
                      Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

LoopyLin
                      @loopylin

@rae

Dante

Dante took another bite and stared at Alpha. The guy definitely needed more practice with his fake smile. His emotions were clearly written in his eyes and uncomfortably familiar to read.

The alien boy slipped on his own smile, wide and sharp, daring the world to question its sincerity. He laughed.

“You let them stab you? So you are crazy. I was wondering before.”

Then he let it drop, leaving only a slight smirk and a glazed look.

“What’d you do to hurt her?”

RAE
                        @rae

@loopylin

Alpha

Alpha started, before clenching his teeth and relaxing back into his chair. He closed his eyes, face aimed at the ground. His hand fisted, and then released. He lifted up his head, his face a blank mask of emotion. When he opened his eyes, there was a blank look, almost like death.

“Her new boyfriend is the one I let stab me.” His voice was monotone. “I was bored, so I challenged him. It was simple, I would spar with him, therefore seeing if he could or would protect Nar, and cure my boredom at the same time. We both got emotionally upset, and that’s why I let him stab me. In the end, he walked away. I called him coward. While your culture might feel slightly insulted, but eventually shrug it off, in the culture I grew up in, and Nar was born in, being called a coward is almost the same as being called honorless, which to be honorless is a fate that is almost worse than death. So Nar took it harder than Hugo did. After he and his brother walked away, my sister gave me the coldest look I’ve ever seen and ran after them.” Not once did he break his monotone voice and unblinking stare. He took a bite of his pizza, breaking his perfect state. He reached for the little tin which held his medical supplies and pulled out a small damp white cloth. Removing both hand and gauze from his wound, he cleaned the area. “And that’s what happened. Moral of the story, I’m a suicidal maniac who wants to make sure his sister is safe and no one is going to compromise her safety if I have a say about it.” This time, emotion filtered through; the last part was said in anger.

Do you hear that Grathmere? No One.

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper

@loopylin

Origamiiiiii. I used to love making things with paper. Did anyone else have a huge crafting phase in the middle school years?

Marz

“Sure.”

The paper was a little smaller than Marcel was used to. He took a few pieces and fiddled with them, invisible feathers rustling in concentration, before plopping them on the table.

The crumpled yellow paper looked somewhat like a wingless dragon, especially the ruffles along its neck and spine.

For added effect, Marcel blew, cupping his hands, and wisps of golden mist picked up the dragon and sent it twirling around Ellie’s head. It settled on her head as they grinned at each other.

LoopyLin
                            @loopylin

@whalekeeper Yes, I absolutely did. XD Rip all those abandoned hobbies of mine

Ells

Ellie giggled. She carefully took the paper dragon off her head and set it down next to her own creation, a small bear made with lavender paper. She gave the dragon a little boop on the nose.

“Wow,” she breathed. “You’re really cool.”

@rae

Dante

There was a long silence as Dante watched his roommate with a calm expression. He brushed off the last of his pizza crumbs onto the carpet.

“You’re right,” he said. “Cowards are the worst kind of people. You might’ve done some dumb stuff today, but I think you’re still a good brother. Better than I ever was.”

Then he pointed at the pizza box. “Mind if I have another?”

RAE
                              @rae

@loopylin

Alpha

“Yeah, sure. Feel free.” Alpha concentrated on his wound, his breath hissing as he inhaled through his teeth while he poured disinfectant on it. “I don’t get why you like those pepperoni things, they taste like my sister made them. And my sister makes cookies that taste so bad they could be a form of torture!” Alpha chuckled, taking out a container of an odd yellow-green salve and a bandage. He placed a little salve over his wound and stood to bandage it. After that, he finished his peice of pizza and gave Dante the pepperoni from his second slice. “By the way, what did that note that you left say?”

Beth Torres
                                @beth-torres
                                  • Total Posts: 335

@esther-c

That’s fine! XD. I can probably go back to find the descriptions if I need to. Thanks!

Maverick

He stood with the rock in his hand, temporarily ignoring the girl’s question as he aimed the object at her and tried shaking and tapping it, but it remained boring, grey and dirty. It was almost depressing. The thing didn’t even glow, much less explode in the face of his pursuer…

“The rocks here are broken…” Maverick muttered, quickly throwing it behind him right before facing the angered girl.

“‘Twas for the social experiment of discovering the reaction a person has towards stupid comments.”  Maverick’s words were very matter-of-fact though they weren’t exactly true, and before the girl could respond he added in a rush, “In truth I failed to noticed your attire,” he glanced her up and down to see that she was very much unlike that of a troglodyte, “so I shall only add that a top hat goes in every ensemble.”

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,521 through 5,535 (of 5,547 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >