Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 5,476 through 5,490 (of 5,544 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3025

@whalekeeper

It’s fine. I’m gonna enjoy the attitude of Alpha if nothing else. I think a draw would stay true to his character if Alpha saw the spar as a game. Oh, will Sebster Gangster be there? Alpha would love to see him.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
      Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2637

@rae

He might, but not actively. Kid needs a power nap.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
        @whalekeeper

@rae @loopylin (much thanks to Hana!)

Gangsta Bois

The two eventually revived themselves, got a note excusing Sebastian from his next class, and left for Hugo’s physical education class which meant to start in minutes.

Bast – as Hugo affectionately called his brother – took crow’s nest, riding Hugo’s shoulders again, and with the bandage-irritated eye even looked the part of a pirate. Fortunately when they reached the outside field, he fell off and curled up on the grass for a snooze.

Meanwhile Hugo stretched and stared out across the field.

The sun came up partially over the school roof and cast an equal amount of light and shadow. Beyond the school grounds, which still spread a good ways, a mixture of apartment buildings glittered through the sparse yet colorful treetops.

RAE
          @rae

@whalekeeper sorry, if there are an inaccuracies in this.

Nar and Jr.

“I’m officially bored.”

Nar looked at her brother, and smiled as they walked down the halls. “You can watch me in my ‘physical education’ thingy they have, if you want. It’s the closest thing this place seems to have to combat training.”

“So you’re finally getting back into fighting, eh? That’s good, by now your fighting is as good as your cooking probably.”

Nar slapped his arm lightly. “I’ll have you know I still can handle a gungedal better than Nathan and Da!”

“That’s saying something, but not too much. What about swords?”

“Kinda rusty. They aren’t natural to me. I actually prefer hand combat to swords.”

“Hah! Hand combat! Nar, you’re too weak to land one blow on me!”

“I didn’t say I was good at it, I just said it was more fun. Excuse me,” Nar had turned to a teacher. “Can you tell me where they will be holding the physical education class?…thank you, floraine.” Nar bowed her head and went on with Jr.

“Where’s your boyfriend? I want to ask him a couple questions.”

Nar pulled her hair out of the ponytail, and held out the hairtie to Jr. “I’m not sure. Can you braid my hair, please?”

“What?! Here?! In public?!”

“Yeah, sure, why not? You don’t want my hair to blind me when I do this ‘physical education’ stuff, do you?”

Jr huffed. “Fine, but if anyone giggles, they’re dead.”

Nar smiled as she stopped walking to let Jr braid her hair. For a warrior, he was surprisingly delicate. And for a complex, traditional Realn braid, he was also quick. And the group of girls who dared giggle, got a death stare.

“Down this way, now, if we are to follow the teacher’s instructions.”

They walked out onto a lush field, and Nar immediately saw Hugo.

“Hugo!” She called, waving as she walked over. “Hi.” She played with the piece of braid that  was resting on her shoulder.

Jr stood back, disapprovingly looking at the field, before noticing the little form curled in the grass. He smiled, not a mischievous smile, but one that actually seemed pleasant. “Aw, it’s the little guy who tried to choke me. I wish your brother could fight like that, that’d be fun.” Jr stopped. Wait, would Hugo actually spar if he asked? I could defeat Nar in seconds, but a new opponent? Jr walked over to Hugo and Nar, his face pleasant and unsuspecting to anyone but Nar. Before she could warn Hugo, a fist was coming for his stomach.

Jr is at this moment just seeing how fast his reflexes are, not trying to kill him…

Whaley
            @whalekeeper

@rae

It’s all fine

Angelo

This time Hugo expected the blow. He dodged, and softly glared up at Alpha. “I was enjoying the view.”

LoopyLin
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2062

@rae

Oscar

It was an odd conversation starter, but Oscar rolled with it.

“Me too. Though orange and blue are my favorite.”

He looked at Chase curiously for a moment before draining the rest of his mug.

“So, um, do you always talk like that?” Oscar immediately regretted his question as soon as he said it. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to embarrass you or anything. I was just wondering… do you know sign?”

(Hana is probably going to kick Oscar out soon but I wanted them to chat a bit first. I feel like these two could be good friends maybe 😊)

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
                @loopylin
                  • Total Posts: 2062

Felicity has PE rn too, but I don’t really want to write anything for her so she’s just in the background with the rest of the class I guess

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

RAE
                  @rae

@loopylin Yeah, I get the friend feeling too.

Chase

“Y-yeah and, and n-no.” If he’s asking if I know sign, does that mean he can’t stand hearing me stumble over my words? Chase’s face fell. He closed his eyes against his throbbing headache and set his mug down. “I’ve n-never sp,sp-oh-ken well. Used to sp-ee-kh w-worse.” Chase opened his eyes, their color changed to a mix of milky green, black, and grey. Looking at Oscar’s eye and cheek, he asked, “You?”

Jr

“Ah, yes, the perfect view.” Jr’s face changed, as if a cloud had fallen upon it. “The view too many people stare at and never see the brokenness. Turning a blind eye to reality.”

Nar gave Hugo a nervous look. She mouthed, “He’s not acting right.”

Jr huffed, the cloud passing. “What does it matter? Hugo, if you’re gonna be my sister’s boyfriend, you’ve got to spar with me. You do that, and prove you can protect her better than she can herself, and I won’t give you trouble. Deal? Plus, it’ll get rid of my boredom!”

Whaley
                    @whalekeeper

@rae

Hugo

Hugo wasn’t a person who held grudges, or ever reached past mild annoyance. He felt annoyance now, and even though he knew – probably – why Alpha acted the way he did, it didn’t make it much easier to bridge the personality gap.

Nevertheless, understanding differences made it easier to peace-make.

Hugo hissed softly under his scarf. He stood firm and relaxed, unwilling to let the larger guy feel any unintended satisfaction. “I can’t say I like to fight.”

Nahim cocked his head with a kind of cheerful arrogance. “But you will for honor.”

“…Fine.”

Nahim stepped back on the lawn and brandished his knives in one hand. His crimson eyes shone with pleasure and anticipation, as if returning to a familiar thing after a long wait. Hugo sighed and stepped back too.

The few students on the sidewalk nearby paused, some sitting down. This was much more interesting than afternoon classes. Seb snored like a kitten in the grass.

Nahim threw a spare knife in a flash. A test. Hugo dodged twice before the blade stuck in the dirt. As he returned to his original position, Nahim attacked.

The older student was both larger and stronger – but Hugo knew large, strong men. Nahim used a furious speed which comes from lunging forward, with the muscles of a lion. This kind of energy had to be released with power, and with one-direction emotion which left little resistance, but much opening.

Hugo leaned into his thin silhouette. With a gentle hand and sharp movements, he rotated his deer-like frame around Nahim, swiveling around attacks. A pristine sense of balance allowed this. His scarf billowed in the breeze, but he remained otherwise silent.

The boy was practically impossible to touch; in all regards, he became Nahim’s shadow.

RAE
                      @rae

@whalekeeper

I understand why you did, but you have made a large error. In a spar, against Hugo, Jr would never use knives. He would rely upon his speed, mobility, and strength to toy with Hugo. I’ll work with what you started with, though.

Jr

The boy thought going behind him would matter. Jr laughed on the inside. But he suddenly stopped.

“Hugo, I must apologize!” His tone was the nicest it had been that day. “I have slipped into a state of toying war! I’m acting like you’re an enemy who I wish to play with, rather than a fellow game player!” Stepping back, Jr took off his knife belt, throwing it at Nar’s feet. Drawing one knife out of his boot, he twirled it in his fingers before throwing it into the ground by Hugo’s foot. “Take it. And don’t be scared to use it.” Jr then rolled his shoulders in an odd manner, and readied a stance. “Okay, now try and kill me.” He said it as if he were a normal person asking for an ice cream cone.

Nar only facepalmed and shook her head.

If you decide to rp Jr’s moves again, please note he never let’s his guard down, and always knows where you are. While he does rely on speed and strength sometimes, he is also maneuverable. Remember, he was created to be the perfect warrior, so he has every aspect that makes someone a fearful opponent in him to some degree. But don’t feel much pressure to get everything right, since any mistakes I will stack up to this being an AU, Jr not yet to his full potential, and that this is a spar.

Also, Jr will mostly fight with punches to key areas, head locks, and blocking any attack from Hugo, now. His hand combat usually is aimed at tiring his opponent and making them give up rather than killing them, which is why he uses it for spars of this sort.

I won’t be writing much of Hugo’s moves, cuz I need a feel for how he fights first. Just FYI.

So why is it that I suddenly feel like my charrie is too powerful? Does he seem unrealistically good to you?

RAE
                        @rae

I kinda see Jr using a type of mixed Marshall arts style, almost. Idk what to call it.

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper

@rae

In a spar, against Hugo, Jr would never use knives.

Oki *salutes* I probably should have clarified that I pictured him throwing one knife for effect, then shifted to physical combat.

If you decide to rp Jr’s moves again, please note he never let’s his guard down, and always knows where you are.

I suppose this is where we are at a standstill, because while Jr is trained to know where people are, Hugo’s thing… is knowing where people think he is. XD

I figured since Jr’s the one with obvious physical strength it makes sense to accent Hugo’s agility, despite the former still having some of that. I understand Jr was made to have all the skills, but a contrasting dynamic helps a lot.

Also, Jr will mostly fight with punches to key areas, head locks, and blocking any attack from Hugo, now…

*Thumbs up*

I won’t be writing much of Hugo’s moves, cuz I need a feel for how he fights first. Just FYI.

Uses evading skills to tire out the opponent, throwing them off balance when they use too much force. Too gentle to jump in physically unless he needs to (^-^) But he can. He is a mutated human too and just doesn’t embrace that quality as much as Jr obviously does.

So why is it that I suddenly feel like my charrie is too powerful? Does he seem unrealistically good to you?

Oof, it depends. Honestly right now, if Jr is going to be more physically adept and knowing Hugo’s every move, idk if it even makes sense for them to spar in the first place. I know you said Jr is quote-on-quote the perfect warrior, but I figured he would have some sort of weakness. Emotional or physical. I don’t see overprotectiveness as much of a weakness, since it’s more of a hindrance with a payoff. However you want to write him is fine since he’s your character, these are just my thoughts.

This can totally be a practice for both of us. I have WIP combat scenes too.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Whaley. Reason: Fixed confusing grammar

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper

@rae

I apologize for Hugo’s behavior 😅 but Alpha definitely strikes a nerve here.

Hugo

Toying war?

Hugo let out a soft sigh, and kicked the knife away. He continued avoiding Alpha’s thrusts, but now felt rattled, the prospect of pointlessness hovering over him.

Why was he even playing along? He should never have agreed to it in the first place. Fighting hurt him somehow; it could be creative and sometimes spellbinding, but certainly not something to want. And worse, Alpha liked it the most and was thus superior. Yet a spark of stubbornness kept him going.

The gangster lad lost his shadow dance in a swirl of thoughts. He misstepped, and Alpha pressed against the essential joints. One leg twisted, his body crumpled for the fall, and he barely managed to tuck himself into a roll.

When he came back up, Nar’s hands covered her face, and Alpha nodded at his knife on the ground. “I can tell you’re not fighting at your best, Angelo.”

“And why should I?”

“I told you to unleash all, if I remember correctly. Why not prove yourself?”

Hugo hissed again, and ducked his mouth into his scarf. “I…”

Suddenly, as his sight shifted along the field, he spied Sebastian. The little boy sat upright, a butterfly flickering over his left ear, deliberately staring Hugo down.

You can be angry, his smile said, just this once! For yourself.

Okay.

“Leave me alone,” Hugo Angelo snarled, teeth curling like a rabid fox. “Why can’t you see?? There’s no point to your stupid honor system and if you have to impose your own standards on everyone else, well, I don’t know if I want the recognition. Honor isn’t just the will to power. And…”

When he turned on Alpha, several images flickered across his mind. The lasagna he baked for his father’s birthday, left cold on the table. Massive men gripping his shoulders. His own thin body, never supported, carrying everything.

So heavy. So heavy…

“You wanna fight?? I don’t. But I’ll prove I have that choice.”

The scarf flew through the air as Hugo’s body deconstructed. He fell down, shoulders arched tight about his neck, and kneeled there for a few seconds as the bones shifted.

“Hugo!” Nar yelped.

Hugo coughed, face in shadow. He gave thumbs up.

As he stood up, his body had become that of a sliver, stretched into a sharp form. He came up to Alpha’s height now. As for his head, every feature was exaggerated and enlarged. His eyes reflected everything like miniature sunsets, glittering with what can only be described as pure distress.

The monster which was Hugo lifted his hands to his jaw and wobbled backward, unable to sustain his own head’s weight. He used the momentum to swung the once-rejected knife at Alpha in a swift arc. From then on his Lovedream form took over.

Whaley
                              @whalekeeper

There, now he’ll fight for ya

Inner conflict

Booyah

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Whaley.

RAE
                                @rae

@whalekeeper

To be honest, I was having doubts about this fight, but now…you struck the point of excitement in me, and the emotional point in Alpha. Well done.

Jr

Jr didn’t avoid the knife, letting the blade stab him in the torso. Nar screamed. After looking down, Alpha Grath stared at his attacker.

“Hugo Angelo, this fight isn’t only about boredom.” Jr’s calm demeaner as he spoke soon changed, his face grew hard, his teeth clenched and his eyes burned. “There are people who would kill Nar on sight! People who want her people, her culture dead! People led by my father!” The pure anger in Alpha’s burned as he shouted. He pulled the knife from his wound, clenching his teeth harder and making barely a sound. He forced Hugo back, his fists ready. “Why do I fight like this?! Why do I practise until I collapse, and spar with every opponent I find?! Because I’m fighting an enemy who can leave me beaten and broken with the flick of his finger! It is my doom to fight until I die, prophesied by the Red Skull on my leg! And when I finally leave, I need to know that you can protect Nar. Yes, this is satisfying my boredom, but it also me preparing to die!” Alpha’s thunderous yell echoed as he finished, rushing at Hugo with his fist swinging. “I need to know if you can protect my sister!! Can you?!!”

Man, Alpha literally just showed Hugo his secret side…I can see this ending very well (not sarcastic)

Viewing 15 posts - 5,476 through 5,490 (of 5,544 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >