Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 5,251 through 5,265 (of 5,526 total)
  • Author
    freedom
    @freed_and_redeemed
      • Total Posts: 337

@smiley

Iris

Iris smiled at the girl’s words. If taken wrongly, it probably wouldn’t seem very kind. But Iris didn’t read into things, nor was she easily offended.

“You don’t have to take down the posters. We all have things we enjoy. Besides, I want you to be comfortable here,” she crossed to her side of the room and sifted through her notebooks that sat on her desk, looking for her math notebook that she’d accidentally forgotten, “and oh, I’m Iris…Iris Abler.”

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram <3

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2053

@freed_and_redeemed

Ahh, I love Ellie so much 😆

Thanks! Her social awkwardness is very fun to write lol

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3213

My first RP didn’t post… 😑

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3213

@freed_and_redeemed

Hallie

“I’ll see what I can do. I already have one student that has asked for my help, but I can help you as well.”

“Thanks!” Hallie shot her brother a triumphant look. All he did was give her that gentle, steady smile. Why did he have to be so easygoing and unreactive?!

“Is the Math class just down this hallway?”

She nodded. “Yep. Second door on the right, I think.”

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Whaley
            @whalekeeper
              • Total Posts: 2623

@loopylin

I was actually wondering about that XD She can, if you want.

@rae

Sebzter

“Nice to meet you, Ellie.” Seb tapped on the bottle logo. “This is my hairspray. When I set it on fire, this little doodad will direct the pressure onto the lock and blast it off.”

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@rae @whalekeeper

Ellie

Ellie stared blankly at the hairspray bottle. It was a clever idea, but…

She reached past the boy, pushing him to the side a little, grabbed the knob and turned. The door swung open.

“Didn’t hear the lock click,” she mumbled.

LoopyLin
                @loopylin

@freed_and_redeemed would you like Felicity or Lois to meet Riker?

Smiley
                  @smiley
                    • Total Posts: 2179

@freed_and_redeemed

Okay well now seeing some of Iris, I officially love her and Riker

Esper

“and oh, I’m Iris…Iris Abler.”

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Esper.” Esper watched as Iris grabbed her math book, and she felt like an idiot for forgetting that she had to get to class early.

She, Lewis, and her brother were all taking a few classes but helping out in others, math was one of the ones she had to help with.

she reached for her bag just as her phone dinged, it was Lewis and Kian on their group chat, one she had protested being made, mostly cause her phone never stopped dinging. Texting has evolved a lot through the years and now whenever someone texted you could hear their voice saying it, even if they didn’t use the microphone, it was kind of creepy, to be honest, but it was nice when you wanted to hear a certain person’s voice.

She knew she would constantly be replaying her texts with Kian… Esper could feel tears rush to her eyes but she pushed them back, her stupid time trick was wrong, Kian was going to survive, God wouldn’t take him so quickly, right?

“Hey just wanted to send this message that we feel bad for you, knowing you have to go to math class while we’re checking out this very large cafeteria,” Kian stated in the text, and Esper could just imagine the smirk on his face as he said it.

“It’s not “We” just him, I actually do feel bad for you.” Lewis corrected on the chat, his voice was always nice to hear.

Esper decided not to respond and slipped the phone back into her pocket, she was more in the mood to know her roommate. “Hey I see you have math class, that’s where I’m heading if you want to walk over there together?” Esper grabbed her bag and swung it over her shoulders.

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

RAE
                    @rae
                      • Total Posts: 3013

Does anyone want to see Jr being his odd self?

Probably not, but you get to anyways 😉

Jr

“Would you please remove your…weapons before you come in this establishment.”

Jr sighed.

“The knives stay. I promise not to cut anything with them unless someone…” By the look on the woman’s face, and even more the workers behind her, he probably shouldn’t finish his sentence. “Uh…the knives stay. I just need to make sure that the milk order for the school gets there. Someone apperntly didn’t do so earlier so breakfast was milkless.” Jr stopped, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Oh stars, I will never know why that’s such a big deal here. This planet’s milk, quote unquote, tastes terrible*,” he said to himself, while the workers finally complied to bringing the milk.

A couple hours and a few more errands later…

The school manager looked at Jr over her glasses like a stereotype granny.

“I do enjoy your help very much, Nauyhelm, but I’m afraid you’ll have to remove the knives before I can assign another job. I can’t take the complaints anymore about how the school should be more safe. Please, leave them at your apartment.”

Jr raised his black eyebrows.

“Why in the Galaxies do people ask me to remove my knives every five steps I take!?”

I know, short and probably very inaccurate for how a school runs, but whatever.

* this is not my personal opinion, mainly cuz I’ve never tasted normal cows milk, only buttermilk long time ago. Jr just doesn’t like it, and if Jr were Earthling, it seems like the very thing he’d say.

freedom
                      @freed_and_redeemed
                        • Total Posts: 337

@loopylin Felicity or Lois can meet up with Riker! That’s perfectly fine with me! 🙂 You can pick between them <3

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram <3

LoopyLin
                        @loopylin

@freed_and_redeemed

Lois

There was only one other student in the classroom when Lois entered. On a normal day, he would have sat alone at a desk in the back corner. But, he had slept really well the night before, and was feeling strangely social this morning. Plus, Felicity would start getting on his case soon if he didn’t at least try to make some friends.

He walked over to the desk next to the other student and set his books down. The boy looked up at him and Lois noticed his headphones. The music was turned up loud enough that he could faintly hear it from a few feet away. Lois gave him a lazy smile and sat down. Then he tapped his own ear and pointed at the headphones.

RAE
                          @rae

Are you guys ready for a miracle?

@whalekeeper

Not sure if this is to timeline, my idea of this school is all confuzzled

I also forgot about Jaz!

Nar

As Hugo and she rushed through the halls to class, someone swung out into Narray’s path, and she collided with his chest. Stepping back, two strong hands griped her shoulders, and she realized it was Jr’s hard chest she had run into.

“Nar, you alright?”

“Yeah, just gone have a headache.” She smiled, then realized something was wrong. Something about Jr didn’t seem right. Jaz perched on his shoulder, his clothes were normal. She felt his sides, looking for any possible wounds. That’s when it dawned on her. Jr’s precious knives were not on his person.

“Jr, what’s happened?”

Jr shrugged.

“I just decided to no longer break school rules…well, mostly.” He pet Jaz. “I might end up helping out around here.”

“Do you still not trust Hugo?” The look on Nar’s face was that of hurt.

“I don’t trust this culture.”

Nar sighed, rolling her eyes.

“What do you trust?”

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper

@loopylin

Sebzter

…That was quite possible the most soul-stirring thing Seb had seen since forever.

He blinked, appreciating the open door for a second, then promptly pulled it shut again. He pulled a string.

With a tick tick tick, the machine whirred to life. Seb grabbed Ellie’s side and threw them both under a desk.

There was an off-tune singing, like a doll’s voice box, and a bang. A quick little puff of smoke came from the doorknob. The door slowly creaked open again.

Ellie crawled out from the desk, curious, but probably annoyed too. “Why did you do that? I just proved it was pointless.”

“And that,” Sebastian reveled like a brilliant sunbeam, “is the entire point. Come on, let’s find something cheeky to do.”

@rae

You good 😜

Hugo

“You don’t have to worry about everyone’s trustworthiness all the time,” Hugo volunteered.

Nahim turned on him with just a little disapproval on his face. “If Narray is here, I have to watch those who care for her.”

“Of course! That’s like trusting a babysitter – no offense, doll. But this is the best place to try things out if you feel unsafe. If you don’t take people’s faults in stride here, you’re gonna have a hard time in any world.”

The young man looked like he had a lot of feelings to unpack, but didn’t know if he wanted to say them out loud.

Hugo stood on one leg and curled the other around it, as he sometimes did when nervous. Some friends had said he looked like a dark-academian adolescent flamingo. He had a nightmare about it once. “What I’m trying to say is… You want to ride the best horse on the merry-go-round. But you keep going round and round looking for the right one, until all the spots are taken – and you return to the end of the line again. Love the horse for the ride.”

RAE
                              @rae

@whalekeeper

Jr

Doll? Is that a good sign, or a bad one? 

“What I’m trying to say is… You want to ride the best horse on the merry-go-round. But you keep going round and round looking for the right one, until all the spots are taken – and you return to the end of the line again. Love the horse for the ride.”

Jr crossed his arms. “You make little sense,” he said, measuring each word. “I’m not vainly looking for the best of the best, for I know it is know where to be found. Nor am I searching for the safest of the safe. I’m just trying to keep Nar safe. This culture has almost zero integrity for what I can see, and to have little integrity is very dangerous.” Jr turned to nar, taking her hand. “You stay safe. I’ll see you again at lunchtime, but for now I must say farewell.” Nar nodded. Jr went to walk the opposite way they had come, but stopped suddenly, meeting Hugo’s gaze. “You still haven’t punched me back.” A playful smile curled up his face.

nar rolled her eyes.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by RAE. Reason: zippety-do-da-zippety-day my oh my what a wonderful day
                                Whaley
                                @whalekeeper

@rae

Oh my, I’m sorry for resisting the punch, but my charrie’s going to try and hold his own.

Hugo

Hugo raised an eyebrow and held up his fist, but didn’t punch. “I can’t say I understand your perspective.”

The boy stood up straight, and grew a few inches like a lengthening shadow. It wasn’t much compared to Nahim’s muscles, but Hugo had been underestimated before.

The teeth grew, and the eyes brightened like stars above his wrapped red scarf. “You disobey the teachers to carry a dragon, you throw knives only at your own will, and you attacked me physically for dating your little sister – which, by the way, really scared me because I have bad history with similar men.”

I will not be ashamed to admit it.

He took a deep breath through the scarf and tried to look stubborn. “And now you say this place has zero integrity. In what way do you demonstrate integrity?”

Viewing 15 posts - 5,251 through 5,265 (of 5,526 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >