@whalekeeper
Active 2 days, 6 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
Esther replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Actually, it sounds a lot like Quentin, the hero’s distant cousin. I mean, if names run in the family…
That’d be cool!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Lol! I’m sure they wouldn’t mind XD
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
I’d love to see your drawing of him!
I just like… see cool character… must draw XD
His description sounds like some anime hero a bit lol, I used to do anime fanart. It’s how I learned to draw people at first.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Disclaimer: I’m definitely still a student of Russian anything, and names are one of those things that are described as ‘very difficult for RSL’. Please take whatever I say with a grain of salt.
What exactly do you mean by context? Female or male? Tense in a sentence?
Diminutive forms are like nicknames, only someone…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
So to answer ur first question, I don’t think it’s weird to lay the groundwork that early (if I’m interpreting ur questions right, your asking due to their ages, correct?)
I have two characters in my series, staring at the ages of 11 and 13 who later end up liking each other and in the very far future even get married, so no…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper I don’t really have any suggestions (naming characters is SO HARD oh my) but I just wanted to say that your character sounds so cool!! Phoenix powers sound so unique and generally just awesome. Also, props to you for revamping an old story!! *fistbump of solidarity as I recall the story that I started as a wee 13-year-old and has be…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@felicity ah yes back on topic XD
@whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @arien @koshka @starofthenorth @anyone-else-here XD
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS RELATED TO FICTIONAL ROMANCES?? XD
OR ANY FICTIONAL ROMANCE SUBPLOTS OR COUPLES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE? Lol
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
@theloonyone @godlyfantasy12 @loopylin @esther-c @arien @whalekeeper @starofthenorth @lightoverdarkness6
Another chapter, this ones kinda short.
and no art because I did anatomy art this week. Some of it did feature Tauren but it was mostly a bunch of eyes, feet, and ears. Which doesn’t associate with my writing that much. XD
Keiryn looks…[Read more]
-
Erica started the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
So this past year @arien and I started reading the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. We got three-four books in before deciding to stop reading.
So I’m wondering what you guys think about the books.
Personally, I felt they were very intense, with all the mind control and brokenness, etc. At first I thought Sophie’s mind-reading powers were just…[Read more]
-
Arien replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
I’ll tag some other KeePers to come say hi!
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin @wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ava-blue @folith-feolin @power @sarafini @madelyn
-
Arien replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
I haven’t had any guys ask me if I had a boyfriend (how embarrassing! wow!) but there have been *counts* four (? or five?) guys who had crushes on me. Last week one bought me chocolate and I got really embarrassed *joins @starofthenorth under her blanket*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
*Tip toes in*
That’s happened to me for the past few years of church camp, and I have no idea why! Some random boy I’ve never even seen before walks up to me and asks if I have a boyfriend.
And, uh…I really don’t see why. I’m not the most friendly girl out there ( for instance, my normal resting face is very serious, almost a…[Read more]
-
Esther started the topic The Christmas Grandma Disappeared (Working Title) in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @loopylin @theloonyone @arien @starofthenorth @felicity @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @anyone_please!!
Hey, everybody!!
So, I wrote a short story for my grandparents for Christmas. It’s supposed to be cheesy. I need all the feedback and critique I can get, please!!! A…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Cool character!!
So… I’m not sure if this is an actual name, but it just randomly came to mind.
Xavien.
Oops. Three syllables. 😅
I don’t have any other ideas now, but if I do, I’ll be sure to tell ya!!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Woah! He sounds so cool!!
Don’t have much in the way of names sorry lol.
(Can I draw him sometime? Like he just seems so much fun to draw? 😂)
-
Koshka replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
So, most male Russian names that end in an ‘a’ are diminutive forms, so I’ll put the original name and it’s diminutive down.
Alyosha (Aleksey): Russian form of Alexis, meaning helper, defender.
Afonya (Afanasiy): Russian form of Athanasius, meaning Immortal.
Borya (Boris): Russian name meaning short, wolf, or snow leopard.
Kesha…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Okay, I need a MaIn ChArAcTeR name in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper it’s no probllama!! *Tells ma baby you like his name. He immediately blushes and turns into a puddle of adorableness*
HMMM ok let’s see
Jax (can be short for Jaxon), Xander, Xavier (can call him Xavi), Knox, Alexei (I personally luv this name. It’s like the perfect mix of Russian sounding but also Greek-ish and Royal sound…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Holiday Novella! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c @starofthenorth @arien @mineralizedwritings @theloonyone @loopylin
HEYA!!! So….
How would y’all feel….if I decided to write a short novella or whatever about my charries during the holiday season in A’Grend?
I’m thinking it would be a book of short stories from diff…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! That’s what other people have said too.
Thanks!
Removing Tauren from the story!? I would never!😥🤣
He’s my sweet boi!
That would be tragic!
- Load More
