Writing Romantic Subplots!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Writing Romantic Subplots!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2588

@godlyfantasy12

You’re lucky. I had no idea I was so stunning.

XD But anyway, I’ve had guys tell me they like me, and I barely even know them. Being a big-time introvert, it isn’t easy to handle. As for having my own crush, sadly, no such thorn of love has stung me.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2588

@godlyfantasy12

And yeah, camp can be rough.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1424

@whalekeeper

*Tip toes in*

That’s happened to me for the past few years of church camp, and I have no idea why! Some random boy I’ve never even seen before walks up to me and asks if I have a boyfriend. (Which I don’t, and don’t want one)

And, uh…I really don’t see why. I’m not the most friendly girl out there ( for instance, my normal resting face is very serious, almost a frown, and I’m a bit of an introvert). So why does this happen to me?! It’s sooo…awkwardly obnoxious?

And yeah, I’ve never had a crush either. XD

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Arien
          @arien
            • Total Posts: 193

@whalekeeper @koshka

I haven’t had any guys ask me if I had a boyfriend (how embarrassing! wow!) but there have been *counts* four (? or five?) guys who had crushes on me. Last week one bought me chocolate and I got really embarrassed *joins @starofthenorth under her blanket*

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
            -Christopher Blakewell

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12
              • Total Posts: 6645

@arien @loshka XD XD XD bruh that happened to ma friends at youth camp (not the chocolate thing lol but the guys asking if they had boyfriends and stuff) and one of them (my best friend) already had a guy at our church she was unofficially dating  (they’re now officially dating) and she was like “eh, no.” XD

But it was great because our church youth group is known for having more girls the guys so they went there and came back like “THERE ARE ACTUALLY GUYS IN CHURCH XD”

And so now they’re back and we’re all single again XD (except my bestie of course…lol)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Arien
              @arien

@felicity

Wow, that Viking story sounds super cool! I’d love to read it if/when you decide to share!

Hmm…curious how that went. I personally dislike the word cute for describing guys. I don’t think they like it, basing that off of my brothers’ reactions…(they think it’s awful). 🤣 I like the word handsome way better….but then, I have next to no experience with this stuff so…

Same! I definitely prefer handsome. Cute seems to imply younger boys . . . sometimes my mom will say a guy is “cute” and I’m like, “Not really . . . handsome maybe” LOL

-Christopher Blakewell

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12
                  • Total Posts: 6645

@arien @felicity

heh…I tend to use cute a lot…XD

then again I really like cute XD, but I also understand where ur coming from.

im also the girl who agrees with the term Beautiful when it comes to the right boy/young man, because there are some that are just downright beautiful! Good heavens! XD XD

i often use cute when I see a couple that’s just so….squeaaaaal or now I can say it because I’m an adult and I’ll be like “AWWW HE’S SO CUTE 🤣”

but a lot of times I’m just like “MAN HE’S HOT.”

🤦🏻‍♀️

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Arien
                  @arien

@lightoverdarkness6

Haha! Yeah, I’m pretty sure brothers hate being called cute. Me and my mom just can’t help it though, bc they are so cute! Yeah, like older guys are handsome—in their early twenties and late teens. And cute is younger boys…and really shy boys. Sorry, I’ve got too much knowledge of that kinda stuff 🤣🤣.

I agree 🤣🤣 And hey, that kind of knowledge isn’t all bad!

Lolol, girl your poor sister is gonna start dreading whenever she sees that you tagged her 🤣🤣!!

It’s okay, she’s not actually offended 🤣 I just love teasing her. She can roast me way better than I can roast her. LOL

I’m kinda glad my brother isn’t writer…who knows what stuff he’d be telling you guys about my crush 🤣!

Oh dear! Maybe I don’t mind not having a brother then . . . except for when I wish I had one to drive away the really obnoxious boys . . .

-Christopher Blakewell

Arien
                    @arien

@godlyfantasy12

But it was great because our church youth group is known for having more girls the guys so they went there and came back like “THERE ARE ACTUALLY GUYS IN CHURCH XD”

LOL My problem is finding mature guys in church. They all seem so ridiculous or flirty and that drives. Me. Nuts. I am a kind of stubborn person and I hate being manipulated so when guys try to flirt with/flatter me I get very . . . un-flattered. And just stand there without any expression on my face and look as spaced out as possible. (I’m actually thinking about my writing, not them, right? LOL)

-Christopher Blakewell

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings
                        • Total Posts: 2794

@godlyfantasy12

(Don’t mind me awkwardly re-entering the conversation)

im also the girl who agrees with the term Beautiful when it comes to the right boy/young man, because there are some that are just downright beautiful! Good heavens! XD XD
                        Lol yes! My sister and I are like that! (He’s just so pretty! 🤩🥺) Kind of comments we make XD

but a lot of times I’m just like “MAN HE’S HOT.”
                        XDXDXD

I never say that because it makes me feel to awkward, but perhaps I’m just shy. It tends to be pretty, (Look at his hair! Ok why is that so important to me?🤣), cute, or adorable.

Random story, I randomly prayed I wanted to marry a guy with curly hair (Yeah, embarrassing. But hey, you might just get it (God’s plan first ofc)) And a guy I liked curled his hair soon after 😳 and I knew he liked me. I was a bit freaked out to say the least 😂 I had no idea what to make of it lol.

@arien

Yeah… the struggle is real XD. The guys at my old church didn’t flirt, but I did get a sense they maybe didn’t respect the girls.

I’m currently at a church with mostly elderly people, it’s a nice break.

I can understand not liking people trying to flatter you 😂 honestly, I would feel the same, but my only experience with somebody trying to do that was a guy I realyyyyyy liked, so I didn’t mind that much XD. He kept stuttering the first time he tried to talk to me (AWWWW) and a year or so later he started rambling about skateboarding, bringing it around to the point that he was strong because of it XD. If I didn’t already know he was nervous to talk to me, I probobly would have thought it was ridiculous. But hey, he was likely pretty nervous, so I just thought it was funny.

へびは かっこいい です!

Erica
                        @starofthenorth
                          • Total Posts: 199

@mineralizedwritings

(Sorry to barge in here lol!)

Random story, I randomly prayed I wanted to marry a guy with curly hair (Yeah, embarrassing. But hey, you might just get it (God’s plan first ofc))

Haha, this reminded me that once, I prayed that if I wasn’t supposed to marry my crush that I’d stop liking him. Well, very shortly after that, my sister and I were at a volleyball game at school. It was senior night, so the guys were doing a skit thing. My crush was throwing candy to people during it, and he threw a handful right. At. Me. He was wearing a mask so I couldn’t see if he was looking at me, but . . .

Yeah, that was funny.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Erica
                          @starofthenorth

@felicity

Oh no, @arien just can’t keep any secrets!! Sorry Erica….I feel ya. 😀

🤣🤣

Heh, actually, you don’t seem to mind that much…

Eh, no, I don’t. But thanks for the sympathy lol. 🤣🤣

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings
                              • Total Posts: 2794

@starofthenorth

Oh it’s fine! I barged in here too XD

Lol! That’s a funny story. I would freak out if my previous crush did that. I’m currently crushless, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think too much about the old ones…. yeah I should stop.

へびは かっこいい です!

Erica
                              @starofthenorth

@mineralizedwritings

Haha, it was funny and embarrassing. I didn’t catch any of the candy 

Felicity
                                @felicity
                                  • Total Posts: 811

@arien

Wow, that Viking story sounds super cool! I’d love to read it if/when you decide to share!

Thanks! I’m still deciding… 😀

Same! I definitely prefer handsome. Cute seems to imply younger boys . . . sometimes my mom will say a guy is “cute” and I’m like, “Not really . . . handsome maybe” LOL

Yeah, I use handsome. Anyway, this topic is going nuts… (notice, the TOPIC is going nuts, not the girls…) 😀

@godlyfantasy12

Um…..yeah….I’m kind of lost…

i often use cute when I see a couple that’s just so….squeaaaaal or now I can say it because I’m an adult and I’ll be like “AWWW HE’S SO CUTE 🤣”

Wait, that wasn’t a mistake…you’re an adult? JK!!!!!!!!! Can you help me bring this topic back under control? I feel kinda responsible because I probed a bit too deep I think…

I’m blushing just seeing the title now!!!!! (I know we’re all friends, but this is a WRITING forum. I’m just wondering how far we have to go to start breaking rules….)

*quickly going to check the forum guidelines*

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >