Writing Romantic Subplots!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Writing Romantic Subplots!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

@felicity

Love your new pfp! It makes me want to go on a grand adventure in whatever world that is 😂 Like I want to be there. Now. And I want some important adventurer girl role in that story.

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
      @felicity
        • Total Posts: 811

@mineralizedwritings

Thanks! I know right!! It’s beautiful but mysterious…

The girl is actually one of my characters (not in REAL life  😀 but she looks like her) from a WIP called My Resolve. It’s number two in a trilogy and I’m almost done with the book!!!! *wow it’s been two years* Her name is Lana and she lives in a Viking-ish culture in a country called Damek-lowd. (There is an etymology behind that word if you’re interested). 😀 She’s sixteen currently and smack in the middle of a a rousing climax scene with her brother and two of his friends, who are about to get thrown onto a ship and sailed away to Haineland where they will never be seen again…

I have a hard time categorizing this WIP into a genre. It has no magic, and everything works the same as in our world. However the names and locations of cities/countries and the culture is made up.

Anyhoo…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Felicity.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

Woah!! That sounds super cool! I suppose i’m saying I’d like to live in your WIP than? 😅

Well it looks cool, and I’d totally read that book.

へびは かっこいい です!

Light
          @lightoverdarkness6
            • Total Posts: 1626

@arien and @starofthenorth

Oh wow, this forum did get off topic! I had a super busy weekend and I’m just now getting back on! Sorry I kind of started it . . . well, actually not sorry, it’s fun to read this guys LOL 🤣🤣

Lol, Yep!! Yeah, I get what you mean 🤣 lol.

I kind of have a crush on my character Aedan, honestly . . . he’s not what I’d call cute, but definitely handsome . . . and he’s so brave and strong and protective of his sister . . . he holds my heart!

And my sis has a crush on him too *giggles evilly* Ok don’t yell at me @ starofthenorth you’re the one who said so!

Lol!! Yeah, Aedan sounds awesome!! I haven’t read a whole lot about him, but so far, he seems super sweet and protective over Elinor! Haha, me and my mom were talking about the differences between cute and handsome the other day…🤣🤣

I did?

I liked the dude he’s based on . . . you did too.

Lol!

Ok . . . not gonna lie . . . yeah

*hides in the corner with @felicity *

Lolol!! I based Matthew off of someone too…😂

@mineralizedwritings

Yeah, he just seems like a really sweet kid. And what’s not to love about him? He’s always nervous too?

Thank you!! Yes, he is! He’s very sweet. And yeah, he’s shy. So…funny story, I had already created Matthew when I met my crush…and Matthew was kind of like said crush…So he somehow now is based off of my crush… *blushes**goes and hides in the corner with @felicity and @arien* I think we might need a bigger corner 🤣🤣.

Lol welllllll

Each character has a different attribute that I like. But yeah… I think Tauren has the most. Honestly, I wrote Tauren as the kind of person I wish I could have had in my life 😂 y’know how he tries to comfort Lesli about her family situation? He’s just too sweet lol. And Layson loves kids. Kaine is kinda in a different part of his character development during the series, he doesn’t provide a whole lot for others because he’s still trying to sort out his life. But he is really cute!

Oh, okay!! Awww, they all have sweet personalities. I love them so much <3.

Glad you like Tauren! I think he’s the most likable character in my book.

Yes!! He is.

I mean aside from character attributes…

Yeah, Tauren has the glasses and cute curly hair with bangs. 🤣 lol.

LOLOL, Yeah, he is SO CUTE AND SWEET!!!

@felicity

Oooh, that WIP sounds really interesting!! Cool!

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
            @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

Woah!! That sounds super cool! I suppose i’m saying I’d like to live in your WIP than? 😅

Um, sort of… 😀

Well it looks cool, and I’d totally read that book.

Thanks! I’ll remember you when I need beta readers. ;D Whenever that is.

@lightoverdarkness6

Haha, me and my mom were talking about the differences between cute and handsome the other day…🤣

Hmm…curious how that went. I personally dislike the word cute for describing guys. I don’t think they like it, basing that off of my brothers’ reactions…(they think it’s awful). 🤣 I like the word handsome way better….but then, I have next to no experience with this stuff so…

So…funny story, I had already created Matthew when I met my crush…and Matthew was kind of like said crush…So he somehow now is based off of my crush… *blushes**goes and hides in the corner with @felicity and @arien* I think we might need a bigger corner 🤣🤣.

Funny! *hey your squishing me!* Actually, I don’t know who I’m hiding from anymore…so I’ll get out and let you have my space. 🤣🤣

Oooh, that WIP sounds really interesting!! Cool!

Thank you! I’ve enjoyed writing it for *counts on fingers* four years? It’s my go to WIP when I need a break from reality. 😀

Arien
              @arien
                • Total Posts: 193

@lightoverdarkness6

So…funny story, I had already created Matthew when I met my crush…and Matthew was kind of like said crush…So he somehow now is based off of my crush… *blushes**goes and hides in the corner with @felicity and @arien* I think we might need a bigger corner 🤣🤣.

LOLOL!! That’s exactly @starofthenorth ‘s story with her crush and her character Christopher!! (Sorry sis, did it again . . .)

And we do need a bigger corner . . . You’re sticking your elbow in my ribs! 🤣🤣😝 At least @felicity left, but others may be coming!

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
                -Christopher Blakewell

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

Lol that’s funny! I could never talk to my mom about something like that, wayyy to awkward to me. My sister is my go to for those conversations. We came to the conclusion that cute and handsome have different meanings, but lol it just depends on how you use it. Like my oc Kaine is cute. He has curly hair, he gets nervous, and he generally dresses cute too (Not sure if there’s a way to describe dressing cute, as my sister and I would say, He’s an aesthetic boi. Not sure if that made anything clearer 🤣). And handsome for me would be somebody who is a little older, and just nice looking in a traditional way. Lol that was unnecessarily lengthy. But to me it means two different types of people. Idk 😂🤣

It does’t really matter lol, just my 2 cents

@lightoverdarkness6

Thanks! I’m  so glad you think Tauren is cute and sweet! And so glad you like my charries!

😁

へびは かっこいい です!

Light
                  @lightoverdarkness6
                    • Total Posts: 1626

@felicity

Hmm…curious how that went. I personally dislike the word cute for describing guys. I don’t think they like it, basing that off of my brothers’ reactions…(they think it’s awful). 🤣 I like the word handsome way better….but then, I have next to no experience with this stuff so…

Haha! Yeah, I’m pretty sure brothers hate being called cute. Me and my mom just can’t help it though, bc they are so cute! Yeah, like older guys are handsome—in their early twenties and late teens. And cute is younger boys…and really shy boys. Sorry, I’ve got too much knowledge of that kinda stuff 🤣🤣.

Funny! *hey your squishing me!* Actually, I don’t know who I’m hiding from anymore…so I’ll get out and let you have my space. 🤣🤣

Oops, sorry! Okay, thanks! We’re so crazy 😝😂🤣

Thank you! I’ve enjoyed writing it for *counts on fingers* four years? It’s my go to WIP when I need a break from reality. 😀

That’s cool! Wow, four years?! You must be close to finishing it! Are you going to publish it??

@arien

LOLOL!! That’s exactly @starofthenorth ‘s story with her crush and her character Christopher!! (Sorry sis, did it again . . .)

Lolol, girl your poor sister is gonna start dreading whenever she sees that you tagged her 🤣🤣!! I’m kinda glad my brother isn’t writer…who knows what stuff he’d be telling you guys about my crush 🤣!

And we do need a bigger corner . . . You’re sticking your elbow in my ribs! 🤣🤣😝 At least @felicity left, but others may be coming!

Oh, yeah! I know! Let’s go to the character castle! I need to speak with Matthew any way 🤣! *jumps up, helps you up, then we go speeding off to the castle* 😂🤣

@mineralizedwritings

Yep, me and my mom talk about stuff like that sometimes. She’s the only other girl in my family that’s old enough to know about…those things. 😅

Yeah!! That’s what I think of too. I think cute especially  applies to any boys that get nervous, are younger, and wears glasses. 😂

Thanks! I’m  so glad you think Tauren is cute and sweet! And so glad you like my charries! 😁

You’re so welcome!! 😊😊

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                    @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

Like my oc Kaine is cute. He has curly hair, he gets nervous, and he generally dresses cute too (Not sure if there’s a way to describe dressing cute, as my sister and I would say, He’s an aesthetic boi. Not sure if that made anything clearer 🤣). And handsome for me would be somebody who is a little older, and just nice looking in a traditional way.

Ok yeah, I get it now. 😀 I don’t think I’ve written any cute characters, only handsome ones. 🤣

@lightoverdarkness6

Haha! Yeah, I’m pretty sure brothers hate being called cute. Me and my mom just can’t help it though, bc they are so cute! Yeah, like older guys are handsome—in their early twenties and late teens. And cute is younger boys…and really shy boys.

Well…my brothers are in their mid to late teens and they are more of the rugged type. (think hunting, survival, cabins, coon-skin caps etc) So that’s probably why being called cute really grates on their nerves. 😅

Sorry, I’ve got too much knowledge of that kinda stuff 🤣🤣.

Apology accepted. 😂 I think you got my share of knowledge in that area!

That’s cool! Wow, four years?! You must be close to finishing it! Are you going to publish it??

Thanks! So its taken me two years to write each book, and it’s a trilogy. I’m on number two, and yes, *shivers with excitement* I’m on the second to last chapter!!!!

(I’m actually more excited about starting the third book than finishing the second.) 😅 Here’s the potential titles:

Lana’s Story:

1. My Home (still trying to find a better word that means abode, dwelling, safe place etc. Because My Home is about the most boring title I’ve ever seen.)

2. My Resolve

3. My Shadow

As for publishing, I certainly want to! But, the books are super long and need tons of revising and fixing up, so I’ve decided to just keep them as a fun project for now and get serious about them later (maybe after a have a debut novel published that’s a little shorter and more manageable.)

Erica
                      @starofthenorth
                        • Total Posts: 199

@lightoverdarkness6 @felicity

My sister keeps telling on me!! I’m hiding in the opposite corner with a blanket over my head right now . . . Ack, my crush just entered the room. I’m peeking at him and he’s looking at me and we are totally not looking at each other . . .

Lol, that’s the way it works with us. 🤣😍😁

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Felicity
                        @felicity

@starofthenorth

Oh no, @arien just can’t keep any secrets!! Sorry Erica….I feel ya. 😀

🤣🤣

Heh, actually, you don’t seem to mind that much…

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper
                            • Total Posts: 2635

@godlyfantasy12

I’m here!

*Glances at all the giggly girl chaos*

*Sips tea*

To be honest, when it comes to romance I have a bigger problem with boys crushing on me than vice versa. I mean, have you ever had to shake a dove-eyed teen off your tail in a crowd of campers?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 2635

Wow, my alliteration is pristine this afternoon…

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12
                                • Total Posts: 6645

@whalekeeper

NOPE! XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12
                                  • Total Posts: 6645

But my friends have!

tho I’ve never been to camp before. And never will XD.

did not want to. And glad I didn’t 🤣

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >