-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Sorry my response is so late! But I was finally able to get to this.
M’kay. So overall, I was a little confused at what was going on, maybe because some oddly worded sentences, or maybe I was reading it too fast. XD That’s the initial thing I noticed.
I’m not sure what other feedback to give. You said some parts were giving you troub…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
My favorite book (besides the Bible, always number one <3) is currently “Beach Haven” by T.I. Lowe. My favorite author is probably either Toni Shiloh, Kristi Ann Hunter, or Becky Wade (all Christian romance authors)
Awesome!! I don’t think I’ve heard of any of those authors. I’ll have to look them up!
Captain Smek from “Home”, S…
-
Esther replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m actually hoping to one day revamp the story, change up a few things, and rewrite it. It has a lot of potential from what I’ve previously written, it just needs a little help. XD
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! Yeah, I know. So many new possibilities for the plot… 😈
😂😂
Thank ya!
Oh no, you’re fine. I don’t know if there is much more to say. 😂
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the input, I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to introduce everyone without info dumping
It’s a struggle
Yesss, I understand. It’s so hardddd 😭 But you’ll get better at it the more you keep writing. Like, I read a ton of stuff about writing and I watch a lot of videos about it, but I don’t really get better unti…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Marie!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl! I’ve written fantasy and dystopian, but I have ideas for books in the genres of historical fiction and contemporary.
Time for questions!
1. Since you’re a semi-avid reader, 😉 , wha…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh I love it!! Totally gonna be participating! This is gonna stretch me a bit, but it’ll be fun. 😏
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Wouldn’t presence make both phase though? It’s extra-dimensional space, but it’s still a directional vector, unless I’m thinking about your idea of in-between planes wrong. It could still be rationalized I guess even then, just having a restricted spatial influence, just like 3d spatial restriction.
Okay, so I’m not really th…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
One thing I was just thinking about is that the Resonance of Conversion creates the possibility of a manmade magic system. It would be possible for Conversion to create a new form of Arcana if you knew what you were doing. On its own, this would be useless, but it’s also possible you could create the ability to use the new Arcana. Conversion a…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
In case you forgot, Riina is still in a standoff with Mr. Gregory. No pressure, I just wasn’t sure if you remembered or not since you have RPd for some of your other characters since then.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Greetings!! You may call me Bridget, or by my *flips cloak over shoulder* AWESOME EPIC KP NAME!!!! HighScribe.
I’m just your average homeschooler who sometimes goes slightly insane and has an obsession with swords and knives and fire and reads an average of one five-hundred page book a day and is, in theory, a writer.
Anyways, I…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey, Marie! I’m Bridget! Welcome to KP! Like Jonas said, I’m his sister and we’re working on a fantasy universe together.
Haha, that’s funny I once made a MASSIVE list of names that I’ll probably never use because I write fantasy and make up my own names XD
Questionsssss!
1. Is it soda, pop, coke, or something else (it’s sod…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Didn’t Hoid give Kelsier a good beating? Unless that doesn’t count, since He’s a cognitive shadow.
Yep, it didn’t count. Hoid said that Kelsier’s mind fabricated the pain that he should feel, and so he isn’t actually hurting him.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m just wondering who held the other Dawnshard you were talking about.
Oh, that. Hoid used to have a Dawnshard. I don’t remember where that is stated, though. That’s why he can’t hurt people. His dawnshard is characterized as being “diametrically opposed to harm.” That really sounds like the Survive dawnshard to me.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Lag
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Okay so pg 333 in my copy of Arcanum Unbounded. Part 6 Chapter 4 of SH.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh wait, you mean the orb that Kelsier used to take the shard of Preservation? I think that was some sort of invention by those people he stole it from. I don’t think it has anything to do with a Dawnshard. The only thing I referenced from SH was the line where Leras says “SURVIVE” in all caps. Let me find where that is.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Wait, what orb?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, Invested Art is basically the in-universe term for magic system. I haven’t read LM either. I think Harmony was talking about having a difficult time acting due to the conflicting intents in the other WaW books.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh lag
- Load More
