What is the cringiest thing you’ve ever written?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What is the cringiest thing you’ve ever written?

• This topic has 94 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Sara.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1359

@savannah_grace2009

XD Yeah, I could see that!

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3221

@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore @highscribeofaetherium @jonas @anyone

Ok, so I have bad writing, but my worst writing I deleted years ago!!! 😭 There was three chapters of a book I wrote on my parents computer when I was like 7, I tried to start a few books when I was 9/10/11, I had an almost completed book around 11, but I still have a book I wrote when I was 11/12-ish. But the other stuff would be hilarious to read. XDD

So here you are… Enjoy. *bows* (Oh, and don’t mind the blanks. I was planning to fill those in later with actual names. XD)

Prologue

Eyravon began when God created it long ago. He created seven unique tribes each with a special gift: those of Encarda could read minds with certain conditions, the folk from Lyabrinn could shift into a particular animal, the people of Hugron were centaurs who were able to view the near future, the merfolk of Syreni could _____, the fairies of Admyrar were created with the ability to make things that could heal, those of Emberaza could control fire, and last of all, the people of Kabanth had superhuman strength only when they could control their emotions. The first people of each tribe lived peacefully until the highest in God’s heavenly army rebelled. He gathered followers, starting a spiritual war. A war that some people don’t even realize is happening. It becomes worse, but God’s army always seems to be one step ahead of the enemy. The war continued for years and years. The people who trust in God’s promise of a savior will join His kingdom, Ecclesia. A kingdom that is not of this world, but the fullness of which is yet to come.

Chapter 1

Corie

It had been four years. Four years since I had joined Ecclesia . Four years since my twin brother Tyrone and I had gone our separate ways. Four years since my parents died and four years since joy had entered my life. Now don’t get me wrong. I loved my parents and was heartbroken when they died; but around the time when they died was the time I had heard about God and Ecclesia. Yes, I miss my parents terribly, but knowing God’s promise is what led me through my time of grief.

At that time though, Tyrone had left me. I haven’t seen him since then. Now we are both sixteen and who knows where Ty’s gone and what he has done. But that’s what worried me the most. With the Visrothites seeming to get stronger every day, I didn’t want my twin to die.

This thought kept occuring to me and it was one of the first things on my mind when I woke up one sunny morning. The day started as most days do. I put on a white, flowy, long-sleeved tunic, a soft leather vest, black leggings, and knee-high brown boots. I did my hair in traditional female Encardan style: two thin plaited braids on each side of my head and the rest of my hair pulled back.

I ran down the stairs of my small cabin to find my caretaker, Kameha, cooking breakfast. She had been my mother’s best friend. “Good morning, Corie!” She greeted me as she set a plate of bacon, hash browns, and eggs in front of me.

“Good morning!” I said, already shoving food into my mouth. Kameha laughed softly at me as she sat down at the table with her food. She began eating.

“Did you know,” I said after swallowing. “that there is a new mail carrier and he’s a single guy about your age?”

“Corie, you know I don’t want to get married at my age.”

“But he’s really nice. And good-looking.” I grinned, catching her eye.

She raised an eyebrow at me and shook her head. “I don’t know what I’m going to do with you.”

I laughed and stuffed another bite of bacon into my mouth as a knock sounded on the door. Kameha stood up, dusted off her dress, and opened the door. The mail carrier I was just talking about stood outside of the threshold holding a letter in his hand. “Does a young lady by the name of Corissa live here?” He asked, holding out the letter.

“Yes, I am she,” I said, taking the letter from his hand. I smiled. “And this is Kameha, my older single cousin.”

He bowed slightly. “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too…” Kameha said hesitantly.

“I’m _____.”

Kameha nodded and shot me a glare. I giggled.

_____ said awkwardly, “I’ll be going now. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye,” Kameha shut the door behind him. “Corie…” Her voice trailed off when she saw my expression as I read the letter. She leaned over my shoulder. It read:

Corissa,

You have been summoned by King Cynric to appear at the castle in one week.

Don’t be alarmed. This will most likely benefit you. The King and Queen are looking to adopt a son to carry on the lineage and a daughter to be married off to a prince of a neighboring kingdom. You shall be kept at the castle for a month to prepare to be presented to the King and Queen. They will choose either you or one of the many other orphan girls also summoned to the castle. If chosen, they will adopt you and you will become princess of Central Encarda.

A carriage will arrive in a week’s time to take you to the castle. You won’t need to pack anything. The King and Queen will provide any and all necessities during your stay.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Lord Frithuwald

“Kameha,” I said. “What am I going to do?”

Tyrone 

For four years I had been running. Running where? I don’t know. Away, I suppose. After my parents died I felt empty. I was searching for something and thought I would find it. But I didn’t know what I was looking for. To be honest, I felt lost. But I didn’t care. I had practically become numb to my emotions and didn’t care what others thought. I was my own person. I had toughed it out in the wilderness. Until now, I had been aimlessly living, along with my gang of guys I had met along the way. We were a band of brothers. Not quite brothers though. I think we all hated each other, yet depended on each other.

Today we were hiding in the forest near Aermon, Central Encarda. I stepped out from our makeshift tent. I was the leader of our group. The five other boys quieted down when they saw me and didn’t dare to make eye contact. I spit and said, “You two,” I pointed at two boys lounging under a tree. “Go steal two days’s worth of food from the market. And make it quick. I don’t want to be here very long.”

I sent two of them into the town and sat in the shade waiting. I wished they would hurry up. Aermon was the town I grew up in and brought back painful memories. Our family was so happy. I remember that two nights before I ran away, a change came over my twin Corie. She seemed slightly more joyful and at peace. It made me jealous and I left her. I wondered what she was doing now.

I had much time to wonder because those two boys hadn’t come back and it had been two hours. It typically took them one hour to do something like this. I stood up and announced I was going into town to find them. But I didn’t even leave our camp before a man in a dark green cloak approached, dragging the two boys by their collars. The man released them.

One of the boys pointed with a shaking hand at me. “H-h-he’s our leader.”

The man walked up to me and looked at me for a while. He finally said in a deep gravelly voice, “Do you need money?”

I threw my hands out, gesturing to our rugged camp and laughed sarcastically, “Do I need money? Yes, I need money.” I crossed my arms.

“I can give you 100,000 garans. You just need to complete a dangerous mission for me.”

I lowered my voice. “I can do dangerous. What do you want us to do?”

The man looked around and leaned in closer. “I just want you. None of those boys you lead.”

I nodded. “Okay. What is it?”

“As of now, all you need to know is that you will play a part in saving a whole country.”

I looked him in the eyes. The money he had to offer was a large sum that I was willing to risk my life for. But something about this gig didn’t seem right. How could this man possibly plan to save a country? Despite my uncertainty, I accepted. If I didn’t want to continue later on, I would just escape. I had escaped plenty of times before.

The man led me away from our camp. He turned before completely leaving and said, “If any of you tell anybody that I was here, mark my words, you will be found out and it won’t be good.”

As we walked away he said to me, “And don’t you try ever backing out or your fate will be the same.”

The INFO-DUMPING!!! 🤣 The crazy thing is, there have been some things in the style of my writing here that have stuck around. Don’t worry, all good things… I think… 😂

Oh! And this is something I wrote when I was 9. Y’all… (And I took out a part because… well just because you might not want to see my 9-year-old humor. I had brothers, okay?! XD) FYI, the MCs dream was copied off of mine around that age. Yeah, y’all, that didn’t happen. Lolll

It was finally spring! The grass was green. The birds were chirping. I could even hear a woodpecker pecking on a tree nearby. Many people were taking walks. I mean,it was a really nice day, and I was outside planning to write a book. The only problem was that I was looking for some adventure to write about. I would get the book published and then I would be famous! I could see it now: “Zoey Silcot, the Most Famous and Youngest Authoress in History. Age 14.”  That was my lifelong dream. Besides going on the adventures that would inspire my books. My daydreaming was interrupted by my 8-year-old sister’s whiny little voice. “Zoey, can I use your markers ?!”

“No. I already told you that 10 minutes ago,” I replied.

“Ugh!” Ivy groaned as she went inside. She was so annoying sometimes. I decided to go inside to take a break from thinking and to have some ice cold lemonade. My ferret,Hershey, toddeled over to me and I put my things down, picked him up,and smothered him with kisses. I got him for my tenth birthday and he was my friend for life. Every morning I put dry shampoo on Hershey to ensure that Mom didn’t change her mind about giving him to me. I went back outside after 15 minutes. Something was different though. The wind ceased and the birds stopped chirping.And right in front of the tree was a glowing ball of light. I slowly reached forward and touched it. When I did, everything stopped,suddenly I was blinded. I could still hear everybody inside,so I tried calling for help as the wind swirled around me. Nobody could hear me. I was tossed and tossed around in the tornado thing I was in. My eyesight soon came back, but it wasn’t helpful in the darkness of the storm. After about what seemed like forever everything stopped. I landed hard on the ground, and I couldn’t get up. “ Uh,oh!” I thought to myself, “This is real bad.”

*insert picture of huge tornado that I found off the internet*

“Where am I ?” I asked myself, “ It looks like I am in a flower meadow. I mean,it’s not too bad.”  While I was slowly getting up after my shock, I saw something coming towards me. When it got close I saw that it was some dog-like creature. Its fur was light blue and it had small bat-looking wings which were light brown. Its yellow nose started sniffing my legs. “Well,hello!” I said when it flew up and around my face. “You have a lot of energy don’t you ?” In a high pitched voice it replied, “I am a Pontick. My name is Lucky, and I used to bring good luck before the Darklings took my powers away from me.”

“My name is Zoey and you are sooooo cute!” I said giving Lucky a big hug. “And… who are the Darklings ?”

He replied solemnly, “They are servants of Jacques Buthear. He took over our world and has been controlling ever since Lacrosky’s Empire fell.”

“Wow,” I said breathless. “This is a lot of information to take in at once. You are a Panticky…”  “Pontick,” he corrected me. “Yeah,right. Pontick. And some creepy-sounding person named Jacques Buthear who controls this world. Maybe I’m here for a purpose,” I finished.

“Oh, by the way, here is some more info. Jacques keeps capturing creatures,stealing their powers, making his power stronger, and planning to destroy everything that is Lacrosky’s forever.” He said super quickly.

“Thanks ???” I said worriedly, “Is there any way we can stop him, Lucky ?”

“Well, there is one way. You have to collect the eight diamonds. Legend says when all put together by the right person, he or she becomes stronger than Jacques Buthear.”

“Then we have to find those diamonds!” I said determinedly.

“I think I might know where to find some help! Follow me!” Lucky said, already flying away.

“Wait for me!” I cried running after Lucky. I hoped he knew what he was doing. But, he was so cute I could trust him. Yet, who knows what could happen in an unknown world. And I was about to find out.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@everyone

here’s some old, cringy writing, lol

#1:

Just then, Nathan, and saw David jump in front of him, shooting his musket at the man who shot at him. Nathan saw the man go limp and fall to the ground, lifeless. And saw David as he then leaned against a tree, flinching.  “David, David, what happened?” Nathan asked, falling to his knees beside David. Nathan then looked at David’s chest, and his face went pale. David looked down at his chest and saw a gaping bullet wound, from the musket ball that the man had shot. Nathan grabbed his satchel that laid beside David and started to try and bandage his wound. But as Nathan’s hand neared David’s chest, he reached out his hands and clasped Nathan’s arm. “D-David!?” Nathan exclaimed, confused. David shook his head at Nathan. “I-it’s too late, you cannot save me now. It’s time for me to go. Open my pocket, and take what’s inside, it’s yours.” “B-but I can save-” “No, Nathan, you must take it! I only have a few minutes in this world left, and I want you to have what’s in my pocket.” David said, still clasping onto Nathan’s arm. Nathan reached into David’s left pocket and pulled out a ring. “That was my grandfather’s ring, now I want you to have it, to remember me by.” David whispered, as his breathing became harder and harder. “David…” Nathan whispered, as tears started to roll down his thin, pale cheeks. “Good-Bye, Nathan, I will never forget you…” David said, right before he closed his eyes.

#2:

A door slammed, as the faintly opened curtains were tightened shut. A shadowy figure appeared, his harsh face faintly illuminated by the ever-growing fire contained in the large fireplace. “So…we’ve finally caught you.” The man turned, and Leon immedietlly recognized him. General Riker. “I guess you could say that.” Riker chuckled and rubbed a gloved hand through his short, straight, silky dark brown hair, a faint grin appearing on his pointed face. “Still the same as ever it seems.” Riker said with yet another chuckle, as his dark blue eyes sparkled in amusement. “As are you.” Leon replied, jaw set tight. Riker chuckled once again, but his grin quickly faded, as he approached Leon, his dark, shined, slick boots pummeling on the hard wooden floor. He used his height as a tool, towering over Leon. “Give me one good reason I shouldn’t kill you right now.” Riker said, as he raised Leon’s chin, forcing him to look at him. “After all, we don’t want anything to go awry, do we?”

hybridlore
          @hybridlore

@esther-c Lol! For a moment I thought that first one might be based off of Esther from the Bible. It’s not, right?

Esther
            @esther-c

@hybridlore

Yeah it is, actually. 😂 I didn’t want to write about someone getting married so I chose adoption instead. XDD

hybridlore
              @hybridlore

@esther-c

Heyy, I got it! XD That’s actually really funny and clever.

Trailblazer
                @trailblazer
                  • Total Posts: 606

@highscribeofaetherium

I’m right there with Sara… I was laughing so hard!  Mr. Mwahahaha and the plunger gun… LOL!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Esther
                  @esther-c

@hybridlore

I’m actually hoping to one day revamp the story, change up a few things, and rewrite it. It has a lot of potential from what I’ve previously written, it just needs a little help. XD

hybridlore
                    @hybridlore

@esther-c

That would be really cool! I think it’s already pretty interesting, but yeah, it could be way better.🙂

Light
                      @lightoverdarkness6
                        • Total Posts: 1627

@everyone

Oh my goodness these are so good🤣

I’ll have to dig around for some of my old writing 😬

#HugRikerSquad

Light
                        @lightoverdarkness6

@anyone

@esther-c
                          I thought you might like this short story I wrote when I was like eleven or tweleve..it’s about Podo Helmer when he was younger 😅 It’s so bad omg   I wrote it for a contest and it was like the first piece of writing that I had ever written (A real piece of work) 

but yeahh here it is!

Podo’s Adventure in Plontst

(The continuation of Willow Worlds)

Podo had fallen a few feet away from a 1 gloober of trolls, young and old talking vigorously.  As soon as he hit the ground, everything went as quiet as if a 2 Gino bear (Woe!) was asleep.  Podo said a prayer to the maker, and turned around very slowly.  In all his eighteen years, he had never seen anything so…well, big!  Everything was giant!  The trees were at least thirty feet wide and one hundred feet tall!  And the trolls!  They were enormous!

What is up with all the exclamation points 😭

All were white with flecks of grey.  The adults were as tall as a bomnubble, but somewhat broader.  They all wore bulky furs which made them even more fearsome.  The young ones were half their size, but still two feet taller than Podo.  And all eyes were on him.

They looked at him with black looks, but with teeth blacker still. (The older ones anyway).

💀💀💀

Podo had no idea what to do.

Suddenly, the biggest, toughest troll in the group came marching up to him.

Instinctively, Podo put his arms over his head and cowered down on the soft grass.  He thought the huge troll was going to trample him.  Instead the troll stopped two steps away from him, leaned down close to his face, and growled “Who are you?”

Podo studied the troll’s face before answering him.  The troll’s expression was a mix of emotions; puzzlement,-undoubtedly because he had just seen Podo literally fall out of the sky, -and annoyed that he had disrupted their meeting.  But all in all it didn’t look like he was going to smash him like a totato.  “My name is Podo,” he replied.  “What’s your name?” the troll hesitated, wondering if he should give his name to a stranger.  He looked Podo over and decided that he was too small to do much harm.  And besides he didn’t have any weapons.  “Me is Zibbik,” he finally said.  “Where you come from?” Podo winced.  Trolls were not the smartest, so Podo tried to be as vague as possible.  “I, um, was kidnapped by a mean man, and uh, he had lots of cabinets that could somehow take you to other worlds.  He wanted me to get him more magical wood for his crazy cabinets, but I clobbered his head and ran.  He came after me, but I jumped through a cabinet and escaped.  And now I’m here.”  He eyed Zibbik nervously, wondering how the troll would take his story.  Zibbik scrunched his eyebrows together, trying to comprehend.  “Oder worlds?” he asked dubiously.  Then out of nowhere he said “Otay,” and moved on to the next question.  “How we know that you not work for Gnag?”  Podo opened his mouth to reply, but Zibbik interrupted him, “Come with me, de council will decide.”  He took Podo’s hand gently, but firmly and led him to a fire ten feet away from the clearing into which Podo had fallen.  There was about one hundred trolls around the bonfire.

The troll speech oh my gosh 😭😆

As they approached, another troll stepped forward and said something to Zibbik in their own language.  Zibbik replied the same.  A heated argument broke out between the two, which eventually was ended by Zibbik.  Podo looked at him questioningly.  Zibbik explained as they sat down, “Glog thinks you a threat to our people.”  Zibbik quieted as the meeting resumed.  One troll asked who Podo was, how he got there, and why he wasn’t either knocked out or tied up.  Zibbik told the council everything that Podo had told him.  A few more questions were asked concerning Podo, but they were quickly answered and resolved.

After twenty minutes or so the conversation moved to a different topic. Podo’s mind was racing with questions.  What would they do to him?  Would he ever get home?  And the biggest of all…would Wyle show up?  He was deep in thought when he heard the words “great sickness” and “death.”  He started listening intently.

Apparently there was a sickness that was wiping out the trolls young and old.  More and more were dying everyday.  Podo wasn’t sure what to think.  He was hungry, tired, and in shock.  He didn’t think that these trolls would just let him go.  He might be put in a cage or prison and they’d just forget about him.  He wished none of this had happened, and in his mind he thought and wished things about Wyle that though I don’t blame him will not be repeated here.

Then one troll said “If we had dat healing flower, then we could heal our sick.”  “Yes,” said another “De Lorian flower!” “The Lorian flower,” thought Podo “what’s that?” He asked Zibbik, and this was the hushed reply…”The Lorian flower is a healing flower.  A very long time ago pirates came and brought pwetty blue flowers called Lorian flowers.  But they hided dem and made traps… keep us out.  Only man can get in, ‘cuz we are too big to get through.”  Then suddenly Zibbik’s face lit up.  He shouted “Podo can help us! Podo can get through the  trwaps!”  Then Zibbik and all the trolls looked at Podo.  “Will you help us, Podo?” Zibbik asked.  Podo looked at them in surprise.  “If I do help ye,” he said.  “Will ye let me go home?”  All the trolls went into a huddle.  A few minutes later Zibbik and the others broke their huddle and sat back down.  Zibbik, smiling so wide Podo thought his face would split, answered Podo’s question.  “We have come to an agweement,” Zibbik said.  “You can go back to your home after you get the Lorian fwower, on one condition…We have many tame horned hounds that guard us.  You will take Spike with you.  He will make sure that you not run away before you get the Lorian flower.  If you try to escape before you get the flower, then Spike will make sure you get it.  But also will protect you.”  A troll had been sent to get Spike, and he had just returned.  Spike was a four feet tall, muscular, horned hound.  Podo reached out his hand and patted his head uncertainly.  Spike growled, then licked Podo’s hand.  Zibbik handed Podo a well worn map, some jerky and fruit, and a canteen of water.  He was ready!

To be continued…

1 A group of trolls usually males

2 A deadly twice the size of an average polar bear.  They are white with black stripes, and they have a purple mouth!

….

Anwayyy yeah. That’s it! *Dies inside*

I actually really do like the storyline that I had tho so I may end up rewriting it someday! Idk 🙂

#HugRikerSquad

Esther
                          @esther-c

@lightoverdarkness6

Oh my word I love it 😂

Though the names were very Aewiarian. XD (I’m not sure if that’s an actual word… 😂)

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6

@esther-c

XD Thankss, it is very entertaining to read 😂

Lol yes for sure! (Hmm I’m not sure either, but it should be 😂 Andrew Peterson would be proud

#HugRikerSquad

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings
                                • Total Posts: 2803

@lightoverdarkness6

LOL I loved that XD did the cabinets to other worlds idea perhaps come from a narnia book? It feels really familiar lol

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                                @mineralizedwritings
                                  • Total Posts: 2803

@freedomwriter76

I only have a few minutes in this world left, and I want you to have what’s in my pocket.”

😂😂😂😭

I wish I had old writing, I didn’t really write as a kid unfortunately, this is just hilarious though XD death scenes are kinda hard to get right though tbh.

Also… Villain Riker? 😳 not the baby!

へびは かっこいい です!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >