-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
That’s not too bad honestly. I didn’t read all of it, but none of it was too cringe-worthy. If it were in a published book I would think ‘this isn’t very good,’ but for what it is, it’s not bad. How were you that good at seven? I didn’t start writing till I was 12, and I was way worse than that.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I think you accidentally posted that RP here instead of in the haunted house RP.
-
Allison posted an update 2 years, 8 months ago
Anyone want to talk about Harry Potter? I’m reading the books again for the billionth and just looooove them, I have so much to share about them 😆
-
Allison replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Hi! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I am homeschooled and in 10th grade. I love dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, gaming, talking and a lot more 😁! I am writing a dystopian and post-apocalyptic thriller novel now. I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! Alright, now I’ll ask you some…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Lost in a haunted mansion AU Roleplay in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
@lydibug was also in this RP.
I don’t know what to RP right now, so someone else can go first. If you’re not sure about what’s happening so far, you could read the three or four RPs that have been done so far (if you haven’t already.)
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Fennin has the stone, and they’re getting ready to fight the jungle dragon. I think it’s still got Kate’s Arclash holding it to the ground, but that’s about to dissolve. Nahim just handed Fennin a “terror bomb”, which apparently is some sort of deadly explosive that won’t kill the person holding it. @princesachronicle added a chara…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Lost in a haunted mansion AU Roleplay in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
-
Allison replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Oh! And some of my favorite genres include Dystopian, post-apocalyptic, thrillers and mystery.
-
Allison replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I wrote my first ‘novel’ when I was nine, I think it was about 20 pages (Maybe 15) and was about all the kids in our neighborhood saving the world from Lego Friends who were trying to take over the world. 😅 Then over the years I have written a handful maybe around 3 of short stories … I have tons of ideas and unfinished…[Read more]
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Hiii! *Bows* Welcome, welcome to KP! I’m Princesa!
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Hiii everyone! How is everyone’s sabbath going?
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
If we’re counting completed drafts, even if they’re of the same story then I have… four. Including incomplete drafts (and drafts of stories I wrote when I was nine) then that’s… ten? I think? Maybe 12, but I deleted those docs and can’t remember if they were completed or not.
Now, counting completed drafts and short stori…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Woah, that post is massive. Sorry Janessa for hijacking your topic 🤣
-
Esther replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper @trailblazer
Oh… oops. XD I didn’t know this would start a whole discussion. But that’s okay! It’s really interesting to hear y’all’s opinions.
I wasn’t necessarily trying to say that publishers aren’t looking for a good book. I’m just saying that publishers can be really harsh with what they accept and what t…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I think what I was trying to get at is that a historical fiction becomes less of a historical fiction book when you add fantasy to it, whereas another genre wouldn’t belong to its genre any less if you added fantasy. Hopefully that makes sense.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I guess you could do that, but in my opinion it would be a bit different than other genres. In a lot if ways, historical fiction and fantasy are opposites, so to me that seems like mixing those is going to feel different than say a detective novel with fantasy elements. It’s hard to put into words, but the idea of mixing tho…[Read more]
-
HighScribe posted an update 2 years, 8 months ago
If you finish a book and immediately want to flip back to page one and read the whole thing again, you know you’ve found a keeper.
-
That’s “The Westing Game” by Ellen Raskin for me! Have you read it?
-
@acancello
No, I haven’t. I’ll have to look it up.
I am currently rereading Wind Daughter by Joanna Ruth Meyer for the… fourth… time, I think in the last week and a half since I first read it… so um… yeah, I think I’ve achieved a new level of insanity 😅-
Dont worry, I read the Westing Game three times in a row and had to seriously force myself to stop XD
-
@acancello
Yes, I’m definitely going to forbid myself from reading this book again for… a while lol.-
I let my friend borrow it, otherwise I would be reading it right now instead of Harry Potter (For the billionth time, those never get tiring 😀 )
-
@acancello
I love HP!
-
-
-
-
-
@highscribeofaetherium
Yay!!! Now I can ask you questions XD
Top five favorite characters
You can go to the yule ball with someone, who?
Least favorite character?
Favorite book?
Favorite movie?-
I loooove the golden trio and the Weasley twins.
GEORGE WEASLEY <3 XD
No charac- wait… Dolores Umbridge
I cant pick a favorite book XD
and I really liked #7 part 2 and 2 for the movies-
Oh and last question for now 😀
Secret favorite character….. Mine is….Draco Malfoy
-
@acancello
Hmm… fav characters… let’s see, Lupin, Sirius, Dumbledore, Luna, and… hmm… idk, honestly, who my last one is. I do like the Weasley twins, too. I really don’t LOVE any of the main characters, but I appreciate them all.
Oh, um, hehe, um, er, can I take young Lupin? I’ll go with him. (Remind me to delete all traces of this conversation…[Read more]-
LUPIN!! Hes my #1 favorite Defense against the dark arts teacher. (Yeah yeah, Lockharts #2) XD
Oh! I forgot about Neville! I honestly cant pick a favorite. All the ones you picked are amazing to, especially Luna and Sirius!
Yessssss!! Young Lupin <3 I would have gone with Fred but…. 😭 😭 😭
The only reason Malfoy is 'Secret' is cause no one…[Read more] -
Um… Angelina, right? I think?
Yes; I think they did pretty well, seeing how much they had to shorten them. But I feel like three through five were just not done well, and even if they were longer they still would not have been very good. I really dislike Dumbledore’s second actor, he was not a good choice for the character (like how he pra…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
@highscribeofaetherium
Yes he does! I nearly cried when I read that….
Yeah, thats one thing that bugged me in the movies, Dumbledore was to mean. Do you know about the Wizzarding World website? They have the best quizzes and puzzles! Also what house are you in?
Im a Gryffindor, but my next house would be Slytherin….XD-
I’ve taken a couple tests, though I don’t think any of them were official, and I think I’ve gotten every house except Hufflepuff lol.
I do know about the website, but I don’t think I’ve ever visited it-
Ooooh, I just visited it real quick and it looks super cool!! I’m going to waste wayyyyy too much time on there bwahahaha!!-
Its the best one ever! Have fun!!! (Ive spent waaayy to much time on there too XD) Ill share my patrounus and wand in a sec..
-
Ah! Here it is!! My patronus is a Beagle and my wand is Sycamore wood with a dragon core 12 ¾” and reasonably supple flexibility
-
Wow, that’s very detailed! There must be TONS of wand options.
-
-
-
-
-
I conquer whole heartedly!
What book did you finish?-
It was Wind Daughter by Joanna Ruth Meyer. I’ve read it, erm, about four times in the last week and a half… heh… heh… XD
-
The house, wand and patrounus (I think thats spelled wrong.) Are all great quizzes with so many options! If you do it, let me know I want to see which house your in, lol!
-
XD Felt.
Well I’m totally looking it up now
-
-
-
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I’ve only ever finished two long stories.
One was about four kids who go to another world…It can be found in the topic “what’s the cringiest thing you’ve ever written”.And one was about a broken family who learns to love each other. I’ve never posted ANY of this.
I have a huge binder full of stories I’ve started but never…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
What genre do you lean to when writing?
Oop, I didn’t see this question.
I agree with my brother, fantasy and maybe sci-fi. I wouldn’t even have any idea how to write contemporary or historical fiction.
- Load More

@highscribeofaetherium
You like HP right?