-
Esther replied to the topic Preachiness, Allegories, Analogies, and Every Other Way to Implement Your Theme in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @whalekeeper @trailblazer
Y’all have made some really good points!! I like hearing all your thoughts on this topic. I honestly feel like there’s not a one-size-fits-all answer to the topics of preachiness and theme. They differ for each genre, each story, each author, and each plan God has for the authors and the…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Wyoh looks like an egg mcmuffin. (It worked last time.)
Lol I’m still stuck on this haha!I would give a response to your question but I’m too tired right now to piece my thoughts together.
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @savannah_grace2009 @rae @grcr @highscribeofaetherium @mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper @loopylin @whoeverrrr
Here’s a little scene I wrote recently. (And it may have been inspired by the fact that my sister and I watched all three High School Musical movies over the last weekend… XD)…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @trailblazer
I feel like my humor comes naturally and it fits naturally in my stories (ok, not all the time. I have removed a few jokes that are just too cringe, lol), but not all stories need some level of humor. I think the reason humor comes through in my stories is because I’ve been told I’m a funny person (or cra…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
@stephie Wyoh really doesn’t like you… I can’t see your post.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper @esther-c @savannah_grace2009 @loopylinOk, so this might sound very basic, but I think for me, my writing stems from storytelling. I’ve had several people, who didn’t even know me or know that I write, tell me that I’m a storyteller. I think most writers are storytellers, but not all, at least not all in the same way. I have struggled…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper I promise I’ll respond to this at some point, my weekend has been super busy! Love the topic idea… I think I’ve already shared some thoughts in the discussion you already mentioned. Anyway I need to go to bed now but I’ll give my response when I have a little more time to think through my answers.Â
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 2 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @beth-torres @highscribeofaetherium @jonas @allison @whalekeeper @trailblazer @freed_and_redeemed @stephie @thearcaneaxiom @mineralizedwritings @rae @anyone-else-my-brain-is-dead
Okay….I am so sorry I keep disappearing…but I have just been SOOOOOOO busy!
I have a play that is next weekend (it’s Beauty and the Beast) and I’m trying…[Read more] -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I agree a lot with what Esther said– my characters are the only main reason that writing appeals to me!
I’ve started to notice that my characters are all different pieces of myself. I kind of see it as each one having a little bit of a different part of my personality. That doesn’t necessarily mean they are all like me,…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh man, that must be hard. Praying they’ll figure out what to do next. 🙏
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you! <3
-
Esther replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Oooh, good topic. 😉
All of my stories start with a little plot idea, a character begging to be written, or even a setting idea. But I think as I brainstorm my story I look at it and think, What message do I want to communicate to my readers? What character quality of God do I want to focus on in this story? And through subconscious…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Wait, I figured it out….
This is my trilogy brain dump, lol. It’s kinda sad-looking right now and really empty, but I’m working on it. XD If you go to the characters section, there…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Guyssss, I found the perfect picture of a girl with Ami’s eye color exactly and I really wish I could post it but pics aren’t workingggg. 😭 WYOH!!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@princesachronicle22 @keilah-h
Yeah sure!
Everton Barlowe
Age: 17ish
Appearance: light skin; thick, side-swept, dark brown hair; deep-set, chocolate brown eyes; 5’ 11’’; since I can’t share pics rn, if you want to know what Ev looks like, just look up Froy Gutierrez. Any pic of him with brown hair looks like Ev so much, it’s crazy, lol.
Per…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @theducktator
Glad you guys stayed safe!!
Could you pray for those affected by the tornadoes? There were some tornadoes north of us and they did a lot of damage. So far all I’ve heard is that there’s only been three deaths, but there’s been a lot of injuries and a lot of people have lost their homes. So just prayers for those…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 6 months ago
@theducktator @freed_and_redeemed
Praying for y’all! There’s tornado watches and warnings in our area too. I think there may have been one or two tornadoes actually. But none of them were near enough for us to have to go to the basement.
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Awesome, thanks!!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
- Load More

You guys can just tag any people i forgot…I guess….XD
Oh, no worries! I’ve been really busy too, and I’ve only been posting once a week or so.
I totally understand! 😊 Life’s getting busy for us too. Praying for you! <3
Thats ok (Im basically doing the same thing now too, lol!) If you ever need to chat too, I’m usually always available 😊
That’s ok, girl! You do what you need to do <3
Totally understand, girl, I haven’t really been active much lately either.