-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Welcome!
Really? Me too. (Okay, okay, 😉 )
That is difficult to answer.
My family has traveled all over the U. S., so I’ve seen some absolutely breathtaking places, and they’re all that way for different reasons.
Aha! *Idea dawns* The altar at a camp meeting or conference when God is moving. 🙂
But more fitting to the…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, it was more like the sacrifice mirrors Jesus’, and Jammer mirrors mirroring that. (And why not agree in the most confusing way possible. 🙄😁)
I will echo your own words: WHY WOULD YOU KILL HER? XD
Bonifer Squoon or Maraly’s father, Weaver.
But Bonifer is a pretty complicated villain, so I have to give him…
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Now let me be clear…model the sacrifice, not the mistakes!! Lol! Janner is not Christ, nor a mirror for Christ.
Christ was our sacrifice, and then He called us to sacrifice for others, to show them His love as He showed it to us. That’s what Janner did, allowed the Maker to use him to show the Maker’s love.
just wanted to be clear I was n…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
And I may or may not have skipped through the entire book just to see how a couple of favorite characters escaped a dark place and whether they used the key they had been given in life. (Pauses to read over that and enjoy it’s pointed vagueness.) And I may or may not have only skim read the book entirely. If so, I really need to go back…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Welcome, and yes, that would be splendid!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Awwww, thank you!
I’m so, so, SO glad you liked it. Scenes like that can be hard to do right, (and we sure didn’t get it perfect) but they’re loads of fun to write. Plus, it makes it all the more exciting when others enjoy them too.
Go on and write more! I’m sure they’ll be beautiful in their own unique ways.
(If you ever have one…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
And Janner giving his life for Kalmar and all the broken sort of fulfils the plotline between Artham and Esben. If that makes any sense.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Ok, yeah, we got it! It’s a wee bit restricted, but access is easy to grant. 😉
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Amen!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Author Conservatory in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 8 months ago
Wow, I never knew there were such like things available. Lo and behold the age in which we live!
That sounds awesome though.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Yes! That is the beauty of it – the gainful death, if you read the epigraph. It holds conviction and hope in the same hand.
I hope the doc helps! 😉 By the by, if you read the doc and want to comment, feel free! We, my sister and I, enjoy hearing feedback.
It’s really just a continuation of the epilogue that Peterson…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Author Conservatory in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 8 months ago
Umm…this may be reaaaaaaal weird…maybe I’m just living under a rock but….
What in da world is the Author Conservatory? If ya don’t mind ma asking? Never heard of it!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Another thing that helped me was realizing that Christ was my Janner (minus the sins, selfishness and all of Janner’s mistakes)
Christ gave himself, to undo my brokenness, just as Janner had to undo Kalmar’s and all of the other people’s.
And I want to be a Janner for someone else. Does that make sense? It hurts, but there’s beauty in it.
Ch…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I’m more at peace today, my mom helped me because she read it. There was beauty in it. It couldn’t be Kalmar, it wouldn’t work. Janner had to grow in order to Sacrifice.
he was selfish throughout the series and he realized that. In realizing it, he was able to succumb to the Maker’s will, and be the Seed that was willing to be p…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I finished the series today. Everytime I think of Janner my heart gets depressed….I see the beauty in his sacrifice but I cry every single time. And I know it’ll take a few days to get over but I’m devastated. Definitely gonna read that doc to see if it at least helps some lol
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic I finally read Green Ember!! in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Ugh, yes! But still, it’s fun to wait and guess what will happen, even if you go mad from the anticipation. XD
It’s really good! I have heard that the first book can be a bit slow, and a friend of ours never really got hooked because of the gentle introduction. Like Keilah H. said, it gets very active!
Smalls is…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I finally read Green Ember!! in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
*Stormy auplause*
Which was your favorite book? Mine was always the first, but my siblings say that if I actually read (opposed to skimming so fast I miss half the scenes) Ember Falls that’ll change. I doubt it…
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Anyway, my animals are complete animals in clothing that walk on two legs but often run (or lope) on four. I’m still figuring out how exactly armor and weaponry will work with this, but so far I haven’t had any real difficulties.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Forgiveness Character arc in the forum Plotting 4 years, 8 months ago
Hmm, forgiveness arcs…
First, huzzah for you book! Forgiveness is a powerful theme.
As for examples, I’ve heard that The Count of the Monte Cristo has an amazing forgiveness plot thingy, and Les Miserables has one too, if I’m not mistaken. Koshka already mentioned the others I can think of.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Let me draw your characters! in the forum Art 4 years, 8 months ago
Thank you! I love some of those too, especially when it’s like Green Ember or Mistmantle Chronicles. These are physically just like normal animals here (besides the whole clothes, weapons thing), but are otherwise persons (if not human).
- Load More
