Let me draw your characters!

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Let me draw your characters!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    TheLobsterLover
    @thelobsterlover
      • Total Posts: 28

Have trouble visualizing that one character? Want some nice art to put in your character profile? Well you have come to the right place my friend!

As someone who considers herself “decently good” at drawing, I have decided to use those skills for the greater good of the writing community. Welcome to my art requests thread!

Some rules before you send your lovely, well-written babies to me:

– Don’t send me just a name. I cannot work with just a name. I need at least a reasonably detailed physical description and a general personality description if you want me to accept your request. If you can and want to go into more detail PLEASE do so (I love reading about ppl’s characters). Visual reference like mood boards or other art of the character is also appreciated, if you can.

– I’ll only do one character per person, so choose wisely (don’t wanna burn myself out after all). If you can’t decide which one to send for whatever reason, you can give me multiple characters but bear in mind I will only choose one to draw.

– Please be patient with me. After all, I am only a humble teenager who has things like school, and chores, and my own projects, and other life things to deal with. If you nag to finish your request every 5 minutes, I am most likely going to ignore and not finish your request, out of spite. So…maybe don’t do that.

Once you send in your request, you’ll get a reply (of some sort) once I accept it. And when I when get enough of them I’ll close requests until I get them all done. And I’ll probably re-open them. Probably. So don’t feel too bad if yours doesn’t get accepted. There’s always next time.

Okay, that’s all. Happy sending!

Hmm, how shall I emotionally torture my ocs today I wonder...

Power
      @power
        • Total Posts: 292

Slate Protector, Jaguar

Jaguars haven’t been known to be very caring creatures throughout history. They look out for only themselves and stand by and watch as creatures tear each other apart. It doesn’t matter. As long as it doesn’t affect the jaguar in the trees. But this all changed about six score years ago, when a jaguar named Halfpaw with his wife and six children changed the course of a war by getting involved. Ever since then the descendants of this family have made it a point to get involved, and when jaguar gets involved fur flies. They were named the Protectors, and given authority to rebuke kings. You are from this line, and are known as High Sheriff, Protector and Guardian of Miska. Or at least, that was your name. You were best friends with King Ander and his wife Queen Purity. You would have given your life for either of them, and yet, they both died. You were charged to bring those responsible for the death of your friends to justice, but what was justice in this case, and who were guilty? In trying to bring to justice those who you thought had committed the crime, were you blinded by pain and anger and forgot to actually be just? Now stamped the Black Death, and having lost almost all of your authority, the blinders are finally removed and you see the truth, but what a mess you’ve made. Is there any way to make the wrong, your wrong, right? To ever be forgiven by a people you and your brother unjustly slaughtered? Perhaps jaguars do only think about themselves.

Slate Protector is quiet and doesn’t make himself stand out. This can be taken as shyness, but he is anything but shy. He watches,  listens, and if you are doing something sneaky he just might show up behind you. He is a thinker, and though he is a master at almost all form of combat, he only carries a bow, a curved knife, and a staff. What more does he need? His claws are usually enough. He wears neutral colors like grays, browns, and greens. He is big, the color of a usual jaguar, and has black eyes. He is normal very placid, but sometimes smiles with the right side of his mouth with closed lips.

You will love what you spend time with.

Power
        @power

Oh, and he hates hoods.

TheLobsterLover
          @thelobsterlover

Wow! I’m loving the world-building and backstory! I love drawing animals (in fact, I’m probably better at them than drawing humans) so this is gonna be fun. Just a question, does he walk on two legs like a human or is it like warrior cats where they all walk on four legs?

Power
            @power

Two legs like a human.

TheLobsterLover
              @thelobsterlover

Thanks! (this’ll make my job a lot easier)

TheLobsterLover
                @thelobsterlover

Oh, I should’ve asked this earlier, but what kind of clothes is he wearing? Also you reply fast 😀

Power
                  @power

Sorry that it has taken a while to get back to you. (I suppose that this disproves the point of me replying fast)

Slate usually wear medieval forester/ranger/yeoman cloths, but as stated before, no hoods… or probably capes for that matter. He likes natural colors (things that blend in).

p.s. I also remembered that, since he is getting older, he does have the occasional white fleck of fur here and there, and he is missing the very tip of his left ear.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Total Posts: 3871

@thelobsterlover Ooh! Hmm, I’m trying to figure out which character I should do.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1424

@thelobsterlover

Mitchel Kemp was drafted into the military, but he doesn’t want to be here, especially as his father had been killed in combat leaving him his little sister’s legal guardian.

A cream/grey marbled cat, green eyes, wedge shaped face (not unlike a Russian blue’s features), not tall or short or big or small, fur’s not long or short thick or thin, gentle (yet strong-willed) and expressive (often poetic). Sometimes cocky and often sarcastic. He is of gentle blood.

Clothing similar to world war one Canadian  combat uniform with helmet. Carries a modern army rifle (I can find out the type if you’d rather have it specific). A complete cat in build who walks on two and runs on four.

No visible scars.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

TheLobsterLover
                        @thelobsterlover

@koshka

ooh boi! Thanks for sending him in!

TheLobsterLover
                          @thelobsterlover

@keilah-h

No problem! Take your time.

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@thelobsterlover Thanks! I’m trying to decide whether I should give you a character I made up from a fanfiction or a character from an original story….

Also, I love your forum tag. I do that all the time……ah, poor Feather, or Sheerasight, or Terabyte (although that one was my brother’s fault as much as it was mine). And then there’s the idea of physical mutilation. You can tell if a character from a fandom is one of my favorites if he has a new scar, mark, or missing limb/eye that he (or she) didn’t have in the original story.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@koshka Your cat character sounds so cool! I love that kind of story, with animals which are almost humanoid, but not quite.

Koshka
                                @koshka
                                  • Total Posts: 1424

@keilah-h

Thank you! I love some of those too, especially when it’s like Green Ember or Mistmantle Chronicles. These are physically just like normal animals here (besides the whole clothes, weapons thing), but are otherwise persons (if not human).

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >