Wingfeather Saga

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Wingfeather Saga

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Elishavet Pidyon
    @elishavet-pidyon
      • Total Posts: 1014

@annabelle

Welcome, and yes, that would be splendid!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12
        • Total Posts: 6645

Now let me be clear…model the sacrifice, not the mistakes!! Lol! Janner is not Christ, nor a mirror for Christ.

Christ was our sacrifice, and then He called us to sacrifice for others, to show them His love as He showed it to us. That’s what Janner did, allowed the Maker to use him to show the Maker’s love.

just wanted to be clear I was not making Janner out to be like Christ lol

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

Annabelle
        @annabelle
          • Total Posts: 108

@godlyfantasy12

Okay, yeah, I understood what you were saying I guess I just communicated my understanding poorly. Janner is not Christ, just his sacrifice was something to be admired. Yeah, Janner did make a lot of mistakes… I think that’s what made him such a realistic and relatable character. Real humans make mistakes, and so did Janner.

So. I found one of my old Wingfeather fanfics. Which I sort of regret reading.

It’s about after the book series. I wrote about Sara going away again back to Skree because her real family had been found. Then Janner missed her and stuff, bla, bla, bla. Then she died because her ship sunk… and Janner was devastated. Looking back at my romance writing, it was pretty bad. It just goes to show how much better I’ve become at writing since two years ago. Looking back, I can see how inexperienced I was in writing. Especially in romance. *looks disgusted*

Also, I don’t know why I killed Sara. Why would I do that?

Anyway, sorry about my musings. By the way, which character is everyone’s least favorite in WFS? Just curious. (Anyone can answer)

In the words of Jinto Queb, "Hurry, reading is fun!"

Elishavet Pidyon
          @elishavet-pidyon

@godlyfantasy12

Yeah, it was more like the sacrifice mirrors Jesus’, and Jammer mirrors mirroring that. (And why not agree in the most confusing way possible. 🙄😁)

@annabelle

I will echo your own words: WHY WOULD YOU KILL HER? XD

Bonifer Squoon or Maraly’s father, Weaver.

But Bonifer is a pretty complicated villain, so I have to give him that.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Trahia the Minstrel
            @trahia-the-minstrel
              • Total Posts: 193

@annabelle

Just say the name ‘Bonnifer Squoon’ and I start getting real mad.

He just makes me angry cause it was all his fault everything happened. If it weren’t for him and all the horrible lies he told Gnag and his parents, the whole war wouldn’t have happened. @elishavet-pidyon thanks for reminding me how much I dislike him! I’d actually forgotten temporarily because I try to push out of my mind, cause all his decisions make me mad.

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
              That’s my wish to create.

Koshka
              @koshka
                • Total Posts: 1428

I don’t like Bonnifer. At all. Or Weaver. I mean, I could almost (but definitely not) prefer Oster Will. And Slag, or whatever the fang’s name from the beginning is called. However, I don’t know which one I dislike the most.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Koshka. Reason: *shrug*

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
                @elishavet-pidyon

@trahia-the-minstrel

Your welcome? XD

He causes a lot of trouble for sure, the two-faced sneak. However, I think I dislike him more for his duplicity than for his actions. He is so twisted!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Elishavet Pidyon. Reason: I had more to say. I talk too much. Sorry

Annabelle
                  @annabelle

@trahia-the-minstrel, @elishavet-pidyon

I COMPLETELY agree with you guys about Bonifer. He’s worse than Gnag himself! He RAISED Gnag! He always makes me so angry too! I mean, he betrayed all of Aerwiar. I never forgave him after I found out.

I kind of forgot about Weaver. He was pretty bad too.

@koshka
                    , I think that Fang’s name was Slarb. And yes, he was just disgusting. What about that other Fang, Commander Gnorm, was it? I didn’t like him either.

Koshka
                    @koshka

Bonnifer is as bad a Garten Longtreader, if not worse… He is well written though.

@annabelle

Slarb… Slarb… Yes, that sounds right. Not him either, the grotesque poltroon. Fangs are just horrible, I suppose.

Annabelle
                      @annabelle

@koshka

Ugh, Fangs. They’re disgusting.

Bonifer is worse than Garten, in my opinion at least! Garten was pretty bad though… I agree, Bonifer is well written. I need to use some techniques Andrew Peterson used for him on my villains. My antagonist always seems kind of dry.

Koshka
                        @koshka

@annabelle

*Grimaces*

Bonnifer certainly did more damage. Hmm, maybe that should be taken as a warning; Garten betrayed his king and broke a kingdom, Bonnifer twisted a child and shattered a world.

*Sigh* My antagonists are either vague or already dead. They need work, but as I’m not sure who several of them are…

Annabelle
                          @annabelle

@koshka

Good point. I mean, Natalia is pretty much the whole world in the Green Ember, so Garten kind of did ruin the world… but Bonifer kidnapped a baby and lied to the baby’s mother. So that’s pretty bad.

Antagonists… They can be so difficult. We don’t want them to just seem like the same old bad guy from cartoons or whatever. They have to be unique. And that’s the hard part. For me, at least.

Elishavet Pidyon
                            @elishavet-pidyon

@annabelle @koshka

Ah, I think they are just as bad but in different ways. At least, they’re both ruthlessly cold-hearted.

Garten is operating out of ambition and bitterness fueled by overpowering fear, while Bonifer just has the ambition and bitterness. So maybe Garten is less outrightly selfish? However, both of them are blinded by similar things.

And since Bonifer stole a child, and Garten orchestrated the murder of thousands of younglings, I would think that neither of them have any qualms about using children for their own ends.

Come to think of it, ambition, bitterness, and pride are exactly the things that drive one of my villains. I think he’s a blend of both Bonifer and Garten.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Elishavet Pidyon.
                              • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Elishavet Pidyon. Reason: implication wrongly aplied

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3875

@elishavet-pidyon @annabelle @koshka Ugh, Bonifer Squoon. He’s almost worse than the other villain I hate….Wait, scratch that. He is worse.

Garten Longtreader….Well, I wasn’t so mad about him. But he is a horrible character.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Annabelle
                                @annabelle

@keilah-h

Bonifer is worse than everybody. He’s like… the worst villain. EVER. That I’ve read about at least. There could be more evil or dark villains out there… but Bonifer is just so well-written for a villain. Andrew Peterson did a great job creating him.

@elishavet-pidyon

Ambition, bitterness, and pride… Those are pretty good traits for a villain to have. I’m working on reconstructing my villains right now, so I should probably add in some more of those traits.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 235 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >