-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
Ok, that makes a lot of sense (I was not a little suspicious.). It’s beautiful, especially the ending.
Meter is often tricky, but you worked it in so well. Have fun with it!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
tho I am a tad confused what u meant by losing a line at the end??
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
Whoa….
Ok so I honestly….don’t rlly get any of that but when you said everything evened out except a few things actual technical poem wise, I’m like….
What…? I…didn’t even try honestly but that makes me so happy! THANK YOU SO MUCH BECAUSE NOW I’M GOING TO GO AND MAKE IT PURPOSEFULLY RIGHT 😂 cuz it pretty much already is!
ahhh…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
@koshka @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h
So to answer some questions it is in paragraph form in the book. The way it posted is pretty much how it is in the draft as of rn.
It is for the Cirque book!
Spotlight and clown are in there because it is in the Cirque book. Hope that sheds some light!
I’m not rlly sure about meters or stanzas or anything. I…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
OoooOooOoo, I like it! It sounds so ominously absurd, if that makes sense. (The phrases “clown” and “spotlight” aren’t exactly expected) It reminds me of a character from a play my sister and I started to write (now we realize it’s more of a novel and less of a play, but oh well. XD) who says some profound things in a very cryptic…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
I suppose Natalia is sort of that entire known world, but for some reason it seemed to me more like a kingdom in a wild, unknown land.
I wonder if there’s a thing on here for Antagonist development. Or maybe we should start a new one.
Uniqueness… That may turn out to be a struggle, especially as I’m not entirely…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic My Website is Up and Functional! in the forum Publishing & Platform 4 years, 7 months ago
It looks really good! I greatly appreciate that it is somewhat difficult to get stuck somewhere without a way to get back. The colors work together very well too. Congratulations and celebration!
*Cheer!*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
Ooo, I like that last bit.
I can’t exactly see the rhyme and meter as the stanzas are written together in paragraph form, but what I could I enjoyed. Would you mind reposting it in verses (If it was written as such)?
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
OK SO! I know where I’m posting this might be A BIT WEIRD BUT HEAR ME OUT!!!!
So as of rn my second book in fantasy series, (the second book is Project DM) has a looong poem in it. I have just gone back and revised the poem and when I finished I was kinda blown away ngl, and I really like it so I wanted to share it with y’all! So this is kinda a…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Ah, I think they are just as bad but in different ways. At least, they’re both ruthlessly cold-hearted.
Although, Garten is operating out of ambition and bitterness fueled by overpowering fear, while Bonifer just has the ambition and bitterness. So maybe Garten is less outrightly selfish? Both of them are blinded by similar…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
*Grimaces*
Bonnifer certainly did more damage. Hmm, maybe that should be taken as a warning; Garten betrayed his king and broke a kingdom, Bonnifer twisted a child and shattered a world.
*Sigh* My antagonists are either vague or already dead. They need work, but as I’m not sure who several of them are…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Bonnifer is as bad a Garten Longtreader, if not worse… He is well written though.
Slarb… Slarb… Yes, that sounds right. Not him either, the grotesque poltroon. Fangs are just horrible, I suppose.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
I never really thought of it as beautiful, just home.
Yep. XD
Snow is good, as long as you don’t have to travel in it and the power doesn’t go out.
I do like living here. We have strong churches and ——-. (I vehemently dislike politics)
I have never moved, but as my parents were both born in other states (to Texas folks)…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Aren’t they? 🙂 Yeah, the Badlands are amazing.
Those places sound soooooo pretty. I love looking down on a forest, especially when it’s very lush or colorful.
I’ve heard about Glacier National park but never been. Once our family hiked Multnomah Falls in Washington, and since we hadn’t thought to bring any water, (not the most…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
I live in the Piney woods of East Texas, so round topped pines and ceder (The type of evergreens that explode pollen in the spring). We don’t get much snow, and when we do it’s usually just a dusting on top of ice, and it never stays long. However, every other year or so, we get a winter storm around February. The roads, and…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I mean when one makes up a scenario using characters from a book in one’s head. It could be as simple as a character sketch, or as complicated as a serial novela. For example, say I made up a story about Oskar coming across a book that lead into another world, say middle-earth, but I never wrote it (maybe I never even told it to…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I don’t like Bonnifer. At all. Or Weaver. I mean, I could almost (but definitely not) prefer Oster Will. However, I don’t know which one I dislike the most.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
The most beautiful place… My family has traveled much around the US to see family, so it’s hard to decide. Or remember.
- Tacoma Narrows and the Puget Sound with the tide rushing in.
- An overlook near Snoqualmie Pass (In the winter).
- This valley in Wyoming where you can stand on one rise and look across at the mountains…
- Load More
