@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Lin replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 3 months ago
Those genres are all really fun! Do you usually write short stories with them or longer-length projects?
Your WIP sounds quite interesting! What stage are you at with it right now?
Vanilla ice cream is indeed supreme. As well as cheesecake.
Eyy, pineapple on pizza gang!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Biblical Fantasy Novel Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 5 years, 3 months ago
@joy-caroline Ooooo!!! I’m lovinggg the idea alreadyyy!!! I would TOTALLY read that!!!
Okay so my tips? I love writing fantasy, but it can be hard, and there is still so much I don’t know yet.
Tip one: No matter how many blog posts you read, you will never know everything you need to know, and that’s okay. Honestly, 90% of blogs would have…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Fantasy Kingdom Names in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 3 months ago
@joy-caroline You bet!! Glad I could help!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Fantasy Kingdom Names in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 3 months ago
@joy-caroline Two ways! One, I’ll look up ancient norse names and get inspired from those, or two, I’ll stare at my screen until something comes up. Sometimes, I’ll find something random (Take, say, a bottle of Aquafina Water for instance) and splice the name up to get something cool, like Finaq/Finaqua XD
(Also Finaq is not used as far as I know…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Using a Pen Name: Yay or Nay? in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 3 months ago
@writerlexi1216 *mysterious music* It’s not XD I wondered about your internet name! I saw “Autorski” earlier and got confused as to why I didn’t recognise it XD I knew the “writerlexi1216” part, but the change just threw me off lolll. Absolutely!!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic SURPRISE PARTY! *VERY IMPORTANT* in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@elfwing Huh, I must not have seen your plane joke! What was it again?
No prob, Bob!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Welcome Anatra23!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 5 years, 3 months ago
@anatra23 Haha same XDD Np!
Lolll thank you, thank you XD
Awww that image of a 4 year old writing fanfic and pretending to be a journalist is adorable though XD (Ohh yeah, I’m sure no one has a clue where it went…. I, too, have been victim of such mysterious circumstances….)
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Welcome new member! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@sparksaraabbott11 Aww, thanks! It’s from a WiP of mine actually 🙂 Buuut I do have a few quotes that I reeeally love, so here they are!
“She preferred most of all to live with flowers and music and to have a book, in solitude.” ~ Unknown
“Bats can hear shapes. Plants can eat light. Bees can dance maps. We can hold all these ideas and feel both…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic Fantasy Kingdom Names in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 3 months ago
@joy-caroline Girl, a Biblical fantasy sounds totally AWESOME!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!! 😀
So, what I do for kingdom names most of the time is take a root word that has a relevant meaning to my story and change the ending to pattern the ending of real country names. I hope this helps! 🙂
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Welcome new member! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@elfwing HAHA lucky for you, my cat got me distracted and I burned them. Chocolate cake it is!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Welcome Anatra23!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 5 years, 3 months ago
@anatra23 Oh! I have an idea for a party game!
Everyone should go around sharing their darkest writing secret.
Mine? I one time fell asleep while writing, and when I awoke, I had written “First, we need to follow the menu. We need to find the shrimp.” Except the scene was a very serious, very non-shrimp-cooking prison break scene in a sci-fi n…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Welcome Anatra23!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 5 years, 3 months ago
@anatra23 Absolutely!! And yayy, I love drawing characters, so let me know any time!
Next joke!
A weasel walks into a restaurant.
The waitress asks what he wants to drink.
“Pop,” goes the weasel.
-
Sara Ann {Spark} posted an update 5 years, 3 months ago
@jodi-maile do you have a blog??
-
Sara Ann {Spark} posted an update 5 years, 3 months ago
@kathleenramm do u have a blog?
-
No, I don’t. Do you?
-
yes, but it’s privet at the moment: https://sparklegirlblogspot.wordpress.com/
-
-
-
Sara Ann {Spark} replied to the topic Welcome new member! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
also, do u have a blog?
-
Sara Ann {Spark} replied to the topic Welcome new member! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@daisy-torres ok so i love it’s easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud. where’d you get it!???!! i. love. it. <3 <3 <3 <3 do you know of any other quotes that are similar????
-
Sara Ann {Spark} replied to the topic SURPRISE PARTY! *VERY IMPORTANT* in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 3 months ago
@elfwing <3
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Fantasy Kingdom Names in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 3 months ago
There’s not really any secret. I just put letters together until I’m satisfied with the name. Another thing you can do (which I learned from Jennifer A. Nielsen) is to take a name–let’s say Alabama–and then you just keep replacing the letters in that word until you’re satisfied with the result. So for Alabama, I might first change…[Read more]
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Welcome Anatra23!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 5 years, 3 months ago
*Hides behind hands* They’re coming for me–I just know it! I’ll be banned from the kingdom now–ahhhhh!!
(Jk I should be fine, and the moderators are super nice and understanding and stuff………)
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Welcome Anatra23!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 5 years, 3 months ago
I think the forum moderator can delete posts….
But it should be fine.
oh wait i need to add a joke…..
JOKE!
- Load More

Sorry I’m late responding! I’ve been on vacation the past week and haven’t had access to my notifications. I don’t have a blog yet, but in the next couple months I’m planning on creating one (hopefully it will be up by this fall or sooner)! Yay! XD I’ll be sure to put out the link for everyone once it’s up.
Do you have a blog?
oops, forgot to tag you @sparksaraabbott11
@jodi-maile i do have a blog tho it’s privet right now ’cause it’s not ready to be published yet. if you request access i’ll be sure to put you on the “let know” list!! <3 https://sparklegirlblogspot.wordpress.com/