Welcome new member!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Welcome new member!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    E. K. Seaver
    @e-k-seaver
      • Total Posts: 344

@ariahd, welcome to the gang! It’s great to have you!

Also, random, but would you do me a favour and write “lol” and briefly tell me your darkest secret so we all can get to know you? Thanks!

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
      ekseaver.wordpress.com

E. K. Seaver
      @e-k-seaver
        • Total Posts: 344
        Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1379

@e-k-seaver

…………

Anonymous

Yup, that’s all I was gonna say. *crickets chirping*

Anonymous

@ariahd

I promise we’re not dat weird. *hides* I apologize for my good friend Em suggesting that you tell us your darkest secret. 😉

Anyways, in all seriousness, hello! I’m Joy (whom most people roundabouts call JC) and this is the amazing palace of Kingdom Pen. As a gift, would you like a free Canva creation? I’ve been offering those to people lately XD It can be a book cover, character graphic, bookmark, whatever you’d like!

Would you like some chips and salsa? Warning: It’s extra hot and spicy. I don’t really go for mild. *holds out chip bag and a bowl of salsa* Enjoy!

Elfwing
              @elfwing
                • Total Posts: 486

@ariahd

well hello there! What is your favourite colour, and genre to write or read?

we shall give you a warm welcome indeed! Would you like some apple crisp? Well here ya go! *hands a piece to you, custard is an optional topping if you would like. Lots of brown sugar and crispy goodness to top the sweet apples…

we might seem a little crazy but rest assured that it’s only because we are so ecstatic to have another  person on here! Once we have interrogated you about important things such as food and critical things like whether you have tea or coffee as life support during late writing, we mellow out to very likeable human beings 😉

Well, to break ice I will tell my deepest darkest secret.  the name of the main character of my first book was Rana, which I later found out means frog lol. I even took Spanish for a bit and didn’t connect the words.  *smacks forehead

anyways, welcome!

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

*sweats* Maybe we should wait for them to formally introduce themselves, eh? I’m afraid we might’ve scared them off…

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres
                    • Total Posts: 691

I’m afraid I agree with @devastate-lasting…..

But yes, if you haven’t been scared off yet, welcome, @ariahd! It’s very wonderful to have a new member! If you need anything/help figuring out the forums, we’d all love to be of service! Also, if you would like a free character art, I would love to draw one for you! I paint, draw, and do digital art as well!

I shall introduce myself: My name is Daisy Torres, I am 17, I just finished a book yesterday (it was Sci-Fi and I’m still reeeally stoked about it!), my favorite genre is fantasy, especially when centered around the sea/mermaids (I LOVE the ocean!)

I also love to bake/cook! *hands you some party food–a tray of potato chip cookies and chlorine-algae icing* Here ya go!

Also, quick joke!

A weasel walks into a restaurant. The waitress asks, “What can I get you?”

“Pop,” goes the weasel.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
                    @gracie-j
                      • Total Posts: 1789

@ariahd Weeeell, I think @devastate-lasting has a point…not to mention you’re prolly not gonna show up now that I am here. I’ll admit the pirate regalia can be a bit…discomfiting.

Please be assured that, despite the two pistols, cutlass, and variety of other weapons hidden in various places upon my person, I will not harm you. Intentionally.

Hey, you want a blondie? They’re butterscotch. Extra butter. Extra scotch.

Oh, and I have a present for you…whenever you arrive to this epic surprise party we’re throwing for you. If you arrive, that is.

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216
                        • Total Posts: 1011

@ariahd

*crickets chirping*

*ahem*

I don’t suppose I could jump into this, could I? *more crickets chirping* Yeah, I agree with @devastate-lasting. Wholeheartedly. I must assure you were aren’t this strange all the time. (Or are we?)

Anyways, uh, I’ll introduce myself. My name’s Alexa, but most people ’round these parts call me Lexi. Either is fine by me. Also, would you care for some spinach dip? (I usually offer newcomers a hearty cup of coffee, but seeing as this is a party, I’ll splurge just a bit this time, eh?) *hands you a bowl with chips* Enjoy! And like @gracie-j, I have a present for you. Though it is a surprise present, and therefore I will leave you in suspense.

So, uh, yeah. Welcome to the gang, if you wanna join. We’re… We’re quite something. *crickets again*

Aaaand, I should probably be off. Au revoir! *vanishes in smoke*

Sara Ann {Spark}
                        @sparksaraabbott11
                          • Total Posts: 66

@gracie-j @writerlexi1216 @daisy-torres @devastate-lasting @elfwing @joy-caroline @e-k-seaver

uuuhhh, maybe we should try someone else? it looks like they haven’t done anything on here yet, sssooo….. maybe their busy??

how do we find the newest arrivals? like, people who have just recently joined?

music is the strongest form of magic.
                          -Marilyn Manson

Daisy Torres
                          @daisy-torres
                            • Total Posts: 691

@sparksaraabbott11 They’ll figure it out eventually XD I had a hard time finding things when I first joined.

To find new members, go to Forums. At the bottom of Forums says “Welcome New Member: member’sname” and it gives some extra info like who all is online rn, and what the most amount of members online at once was.

If you have any more questions, just ask!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j

@sparksaraabbott11 Weeeell, they might show up eventually…but we could definitely do this for the next newcomer! You can find out who’s the latest to join by going to the forums page (not the recent topics page) and scrolling all the way down to the bottom!

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j

And @daisy-torres just replied while I was writing mine.

So, uh, never mind me, I guess. XD

Elfwing
                                @elfwing
                                  • Total Posts: 486

@gracie-j

oh, that’s good to know, I didn’t know that! XDDD I begged and pleaded and invited a friend to join, i think she will be soon. I admit I did let her know there would be a very friendly ambush surprise party awaiting her. she’s excited about it, though!

btw I thought maybe the new member had written something and it got eaten by the forum or whatever, or else I would’ve let them alone lol

my bad.

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >